Old 08-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 179/169/125

Height: 5'3"

My favorite so far is to saute whatever meat I have with a little bit of olive oil. When it's cooked, I take it out, add a little water, and throw in shredded cabbage, mushrooms, shallots, broccoli or any combination. Season with salt, pepper, ginger, garlic powder and then add about 1/2 tablespoon of teriaki sauce. Yum!
dcleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #47  
Me... on a diet.

S/C/G: 167/155/130

Height: 5'2

I'm on my 10th day and 8 lbs down... tonight I will have 4 OZ of Sliced london broil w/a spring salad. The salad will have tomatos, 5 blue cheese stuffed olives (chopped up) cucumbers, lemon juice and a bit of olive oil. I use Montreal steak seasoning on my steak. LOW SODIUM OF COURSE ;-x
SophieDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #48  
BBW becoming SSW

S/C/G: 284/274/135

Height: 5'6"

Default ?

Reading thru the thread helps give me some great ideas.......

I'm considering the MF plan, and will be in classes from 0800-1600 with an hour to commute 40 min (and eat) from noon to 1300.....are these all pretty good for keeping cold in a cooler? Or is there something else you'd suggest?

A few years ago, (and when I had a job) I was on Diet Divas. That really worked for me, despite having to put together an extra meal a week b/c I worked 12.5 hr shifts (3 x 4 pivots), but don't you have problems with using the salad dressings from the stores???
sweety314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #49  

S/C/G: S259/C150/1/G160

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety314 View Post
Reading thru the thread helps give me some great ideas.......

I'm considering the MF plan, and will be in classes from 0800-1600 with an hour to commute 40 min (and eat) from noon to 1300.....are these all pretty good for keeping cold in a cooler? Or is there something else you'd suggest?

A few years ago, (and when I had a job) I was on Diet Divas. That really worked for me, despite having to put together an extra meal a week b/c I worked 12.5 hr shifts (3 x 4 pivots), but don't you have problems with using the salad dressings from the stores???
Ken's dressings as well as a few other brands have prepackaged 1.5 oz. backs of dressing that are plan "safe". Otherwise I just stay with the under 6 carb dressings and the best is Bolthouse brands. They are all made with olive oil or yogurt and are yummy. They are in the produce section of the grocery store by the Marie's and Naturally Fresh brands.
queenofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

The other night I took some chicken breasts and cooked them, then chopped them up very small, like a hash. Then, I sauteed some very lean ground beef and chopped up some pre-cooked shrimp and mixed it all together with the chicken with a little garlic powder and pepper. I let it cook together for a few minutes and then put it all in a big tupperware container. I weighed some of it out and made a taco salad by mixing the meat with some salsa and hot sauce. The rest of it I kept in the tupperware. The next night I weighed out more and mixed with a little low-sodium teriyaki to make lettuce wraps, and the night after that I mixed some of it with a WS spaghetti packet and had that with a big salad. It's been really convenient and is a little more interesting than usual!
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 291/282/145

Default my chicken soup

I have been living on this for the past few days...as I love it so...and it is so easy to make....

one can reduced salt reduced fat chicken broth
1 and a half cup celery
1 and a half cup green peppers
6 ounces of cooked grilled chicken...I use tyson
1 tablespoon grated parm cheese...

this is so filling and yummy
fangtasia33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 217/213/160

Height: 5' 5"

I ordered my MF yesterday, so I am in "waiting" mode and trying to stay motivated, which brought me here! I have really enjoyed your suggestions and they are encouraging to read, and see that the one meal can be creative and delicious. I have copied many of your suggestions down for my first 2 weeks getting started. I will add some once I get going, as I love to cook and share!! Thanks again, hope to post a loss soon!!!
PeggyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #53  

I will be starting MF in 2 days. Food is in the house, but tomorrow is an odd day so I am putting off start day.

Please pardon my ignorance, but are there any possibilities for the "green" part of LG that are not fresh? Can anything canned or frozen suffice? We have weeks where we run out of our vegs midweek and I don't have time/energy/desire to deal with the grocery store on my way home from work. We usually do our shopping once per week on the weekend.

Thanks for any help.
marci65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #54  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Love the suggestions. I tend to go back and forth between tilapia fillets in different marinades, and also I love eating cooked shrimp plain. I really don't like chicken too much, unless it's seasoned well, so I'm going to have to experiment with that and other types of meat.

Boca burgers are super delicious though!!
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:56 PM   #55  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I made a turkey meatloaf the other night - 1 egg, Open Pit bbq sauce and just enough breadcrumbs to hold it together. I stuffed it with a box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and wrung out, and a few pinches of shredded cheddar. So yummy!

I love grilling steaks and tuna steaks - fast and easy. If I have time, I grill eggplant or zucchini with the meat.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:20 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 213/175/150

Height: 5'5

Question

I ordered MF two days ago and I'm waiting for it to arrive. They say the first three days of any diet are the hardest. Any advice/suggetions to pull through the toughest days would help. Thanks.
Raquel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:36 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 213/175/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marci65 View Post
I will be starting MF in 2 days. Food is in the house, but tomorrow is an odd day so I am putting off start day.

Please pardon my ignorance, but are there any possibilities for the "green" part of LG that are not fresh? Can anything canned or frozen suffice? We have weeks where we run out of our vegs midweek and I don't have time/energy/desire to deal with the grocery store on my way home from work. We usually do our shopping once per week on the weekend.

Thanks for any help.
Marcie,
How's the diet so far? Are you still on MF? How much did you lose?
Raquel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #58  

Default My first day will be tomorrow...

My food is arriving today and I will start the program tomorrow. I just love all the new food idea's already..
Iamthegram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/131

Height: 5'2"

I had the most decadent, yummy lean & green tonight:

Spicy Cauliflower Cheese Bake from the "New Beautiful Me" blog.

I don't know this blogger personally, but her site has the best recipes and she always runs them by nutrition support to get them approved. My other favorite of hers is the breakfast sandwich heaven - I do this a couple of times a week. Sorry if this is a duplicate post of her stuff, it's possible I originally found her here.

Last edited by amyaimeee; 07-01-2012 at 09:35 PM.
amyaimeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floprieto
I found another great recipe last night on the mymedifast website and I cannot wait to cook it!

I will paste it for you'll it was created by luckyguy71:

"I haven't missed a lot of foods - but one I really enjoy is BUFFALO WINGS. I discovered a new product put out by Emeril Lagasse. It is called Emeril's WING SAUCE - it looks like tabasco sauce and has 0 calories and 0 carbs per tsp serving. You use it like tabasco.
Here is what I did for my lean and green dinner tonight.

1) Poach a standard boneless/skinless chicken breast until mostly cooked.
2) Slice it - like stips
3) toss it in your teflon frying pan or one with a light spray of PAM just to finish cooking it and brown it a bit - not too much though or it will be dry.
4) add 1-2 tsps of EMERIL'S WING SAUCE and toss. You don't need much! it spreads well.

I then tossed a Romaine Lettuce salad (2 cups) with about a Tablespoon of KRAFT LIGHT DONE RIGHT ROKA BLUE CHEESE DRESSING.

Plate: put the salad on a large dinner plate and create a "hallow" in the center of the salad - then put the chicken breast in the middle. And Enjoy!

It was GREAT! I got all the flavor of Buffalo wings - even the blue cheese dressing and I stayed on the Medifast Plan! AWESOME! If you are a Buffalo Wing Fan - try this recipe.

The only caution I would give is for those on a sodium restricted diet (which I am not) I did notice that the condiments both the wing sauce and the lite Blue cheese salad dressing have a kind of high sodium content - so just read the label first and don't add extra if you don't need it."

I will let you'll know as soon as i try this!

OK... I finally tried it and let me tell you... IT IS AMAZING!! I struggled to find the wing sauce (Found it at Albertsons) and it was DELISH!!! I modified it a little bit. I used WF creamy bacon salad dressing (0 cal) so that i can add some real blue cheese (2TBS) and keep about the same number of cal! I will definitely cook this again!!!
Thank you so much for sharing! This is my new favorite!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
gettingthere73 is offline   Reply With Quote