3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   What's for lean and green? Suggestions. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/129994-whats-lean-green-suggestions.html)

SpanishTeach 10-27-2012 10:05 AM

Just started the plan last night. My first recipe was a definite success! I tossed some sliced roma tomatoes, sliced red peppers and capers with garlic, some seasonings and a tsp of olive oil. I roasted that until softened, then I pre-portioned haddock filets, seasoned them, put them in the baking dish, and covered the filets with the tomato and pepper mix. Bake it until cooked through. It was delish!

Little Minnie 01-07-2013 09:44 PM

I just printed some calendar pages so i can keep track of the lean and green meals I cook for my husband. He has been really satisfied but as a precaution I am freezing some extra ones in case I am sick or something doesn't go right.
Thursday I made lettuce wraps with grilled chicken and a thin tahini sauce. Tahini/sesame seeds have almost no carbs.
Friday I made salmon and salad. I put Red Fish Magic on the salmon.
Saturday I made mashed cauliflower with scallops and a watercress salad on top.
Sunday we had beef, kale and mushroom stew.
Today we had halibut with roasted summer squash, mushrooms, red bell peppers and a few kalamata olives.
Using fresh herbs really helps add flavor. He loves basil and cilantro. I just wish it was summer! It would be so much easier to cook this way with the farm pumping out veggies!

future thin chick 01-13-2013 02:33 AM

I feel so lazy after reading all the cooking ideas going on, I buy a head of lettuce toss in some chicken strips and low fat dressing, but I have a good excuse, I work 72 hours a week, this medifast diet is the best, first week I lost 8lbs.

Little Minnie 01-17-2013 07:34 PM

I bought some ground bison and want to make chili without beans. Is there a recipe?

FatinSTL 01-21-2013 02:03 PM

I'm an extremely picky eater (which makes people wonder how I got so darn fat LOL) so I just stick with baked chicken with basil, white turkey or 5 oz of 90% lean ground meat with a dash of Lea & Perrins for flavor.

That burger tastes amazing at the end of the day on a diet :-)

Little Minnie 01-21-2013 10:54 PM

Lol.

Little Minnie 01-29-2013 01:36 PM

I think those fake calorie free noodles are acceptable. The ones you have to rinse.

PureKaos 02-22-2013 07:20 PM

My hubby and I are strange - when we find something we really like, we have it over and over again. For example, I've been on Medifast for 2 weeks, and EVERY night we've had salmon and broccoli. I put Garlic & Wine Seasoning (from The Melting Pot) on the salmon, but tonight I think I'm going to give Lemon Pepper Seasoning a shot, just to change things up a bit! (I'm such a wild child...lol)

Just by eating "lean and green" with me every night, hubby's lost 5 pounds! He's not even on a "diet!"

Little Minnie 02-23-2013 10:37 PM

I have been eating the lean and green with my hub for 50 days and haven't lost any weight. It is strange. But summer is coming. I farm in summer and get lots of exercise.

I can't imagine eating the same thing every night! I have lots of recipes for lean and green that I have come up with. I vary the condiments a lot and check out the carbs on this and that. Lite coconut milk has few carbs. The shiritaki and the shelf stable similar noodles have 0 calories. Those are good in an Asian chicken noodle soup. Omelets with egg beaters are very filling!

The protein we have had is:
egg beaters
fish (halibut, swordfish, trout, salmon, mahi mahi, cod, tuna steak)
mussels, scallops, shrimp
ground bison
ground turkey
chicken breast
flank steak
pork tenderloin
tofu