The Maintenance Library books, articles, and book discussions

Old 01-23-2005, 05:48 AM   #1  
Meg

Default Anyone Ever Read These Books?

Two books are mentioned in Thin For Life that I've never read - have any of you? If so, what did you think of them?
  • Now That You've Lost It - Joyce Nash (2000)
  • The Weight Maintenance Survival Guide - Kelly Brownell and Judith Rodin (1990)

Both sound right up our alley - if anyone wants to read one, we'd love a review!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:23 AM   #2  
Maintainer-to-be

S/C/G: 214/170/154

Height: 5'8" / 1.72 m

Hello hello!

Even though I'm not at maintenance yet I do want to read up on it so that I'm a bit prepared. So I just bought a book by Joyce D. Nash called Maximize Your Body Potential and it's a really huge book (over 500 pages) that seems FULL of good stuff. I haven't read it yet (I got it 2 hours ago..) but I will post a little review when I've gone through it. I decided to get this book instead of Now That You've Lost It because this one seems to be more up to date and it has more in it.

You can have a look inside the book if you go to Amazon.com!

Cheers,
Ann-Charlotte
silvernight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #3  

I read alot of weight loss books..(dont we all) I did not read that one by Kelly but I did listen to his audio cassettes and I thought they were very unhelpful, however it was for losing not maintenance.
slimcharm is offline   Reply With Quote