Another reason to stay active

• Staying in shape and staying active are useful practices for a variety of reasons. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis in the U.S. right now and simply staying in shape and active are 100% effective means to treat joint pain created by this condition.

I work for a marketing company that is working with the Arthritis Foundation and the Ad council to make people with Osteoarthritis more aware that staying active is the best way to prevent/treat OA associated joint pain. Moving is the best medicine!
  • My mother has that. Coupled with her fibromalgia and carpal tunnel, she is in CONSTANT pain and stays depressed a lot. But she is not lazy at all! And she wasn't as a child either. She was, however, in a pretty bad car accident as a child and has had numerous factory jobs and is one of those people that scurry around the house cleaning and tidying up every day (though, she's a bit slower at that now). It makes me very sad to see her in pain, and the medicine never works.