The Maintenance Library books, articles, and book discussions

Old 12-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Because like Windchime, I am not necessarily full - but simply not hungry - I'm satisfied. But maybe that IS full.
I think your happy point is whatever you decide to make it. What you describe is what I shoot for. I tend to use the word full for convenience, but you're right, I really just mean not hungry.

For me, actually full is ok sometimes, but I try not to make it my day to day usual. Because you get used to whatever you do everyday. If what I'm used to is "not hungry," then it's like I have a barrier ("full") between me and stuffed. If I'm used to "full" all the time, then there's very little between my usual and stuffed.

Maybe full is the new stuffed
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #17  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

Perhaps she cannot truly eat the *volume* of food that you do, even if she eats more calories. Not all overweight people binge or eat a large amount of food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
I have a friend that weighs 370 pounds and she can never believe that I eat as much as I do. She is amazed by 6 egg whites and a plate of stirfry vegetables and claims she cannot eat as much as I do. I don't know--I guess I have a hard time believing that she can't.

I have also heard the drs. discuss on television that size of stomachs in morbidly obese people that claim to eat so little. So yes, I guess some people do have larger stomachs than others.
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
I thought it was all in my head- but after a weekend of bingeing it is soooo hard to get back on track on Monday b/c of the hunger. It does make perfect sense. It also gives me a new goal (besides the final 10) to work for in 2010; NO MORE BINGEING!
You see and I am always amazed at this. I've had days where I've eaten WAY too much. I've eaten to the point of discomfort, which like I said earlier, happens WAAAAAY sooner then it did in the past. In fact, I can't believe just how quickly it DOES happen. Anyway, I am always TERRIFIED that I will *stretch* my stomach back and be hungry when I resume my healthy eating plan the following day. But I'm terrified for nothing. Still no real hunger to contend with. I'm back on plan will no signs of stretching that stomach back out. I guess it takes a LOT more then a day or two of overeating. Thankfully .
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

When I started, I knew I wanted to eat TONS of food so I decided to just make it all healthful, low-calorie food. No I have had to cut back on calories to keep going, and I certainly eat a lot less, and am a lot less tolerant of fatty greasy gross foods than I was.
Sweets I still cannot leave alone. Candy, OK - I'll finish that soon enough, but I mean like cookies, sweet breads... jeeeeeez.
Is there a gene that increases stomach size only when in the presence of gingerbread men? If so, I have it.
I'm happy I can't eat like I did. I don't care to have to be miserable to maintain, so the fact that my changes have become so normal that my old normal is now total misery for me is uplifting. I remember when a big fluffy Belgium waffle was a part of a big Sunday breakfast. Now one is Sunday breakfast, and I'm groaning halfway through it. The cat is gonna have to learn to eat my waffle leftovers...
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
When I overate at Thanksgiving, I definitely was aware of that "way too full" feeling, whereas before I would have not noticed and probably would have gone back for leftovers that night. (This year I had a cup of tea for supper on Thanksgiving night).
Exactly what I did too and was glad for it.
Karen
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote