Another Newbie

• Hello all

Yesterday I hit my target, a daily average of under 75kg. So this is day 1 of maintenance for me.

I still cannot believe I have done this - in just under 13 months I lost 60kg and have gone from the couchiest of potatoes to running 5km outdoors.

Looking forward to sharing the next part of the journey with you all
  • CrazyCatWoman Feel free to join us in the weekly chat thread or on the losing those last few lbs. thread or wherever you like.

I noticed you live in Finland. I am taking an online course in Scandinavian film and TV right now. Do you have any favorite programs/movies that are produced in Finland?

Tervetuloa seuraamaan!

Dagmar
  • Kiitos Mudpie!

I'm looking forward to the weekly chat threads.

I do not know of any good tv series that are produced here, and the most famous director is Ari Kaurismäki (Leningrad Cowboys). To me, as a native Brit, the Finnish films are pretty dark and impenetrable. And I only understand the language poorly so I tend to not watch many Finnish language tv things. But English series are very popular here -Midsommer Murders, Morse etc. are always on.

However I love the ScandiNoir series - Wallender, The bridge, The Killing and have watched these on the BBC, thankfully with subtitles not dubbing. Swedish and Danish series are muc more accessible. I also read a lot of the novels but in English.

Moi!
  • Terve!