i have no idea what took me so long

• I reached goal a few weeks ago and still haven't said hi here. So...hello!

I'm 24, grew up skinny and started gaining weight after high school. I had just started losing weight when I was 21 and then I found out I was pregnant. My pregnancy weight gain was only 18lbs up from my pre pregnancy weight (I lost 10# the first trimester due to terrible morning sickness and then my doctor told me I needed to gain more weight). After delivering I only needed to lose 4lbs to be back at my pre-pregnancy weight (165).

I quickly lost those four lbs and then spent the next 10 months GAINING weight. Turned out I developed post partum thyroiditis. It didn't take too long to fix the problem and then I started to lose weight. At first I didn't have a set plan and it took a long time to lose the first five or six lbs. Then I read skinny chicks don't eat salads and chose that as my weight loss guide.

It didn't seem like losing was really difficult but I think it's cuz I know myself well and knew what would work for me.

I'm working on staying in my maintenance range (130-135). Losing has almost become a habit and I'm working a lot on muscle toning. I don't want to go under 130 cuz I don't want to lose my boobs. That probably sounds silly but I've already gone from a DD to a C cup and I don't want to get any smaller. I'm happy with the changes I've made and I like the person I see when I look in the mirror. And that's where I wanted to end up.
  • You look fabulous in your picture- and unbelievable considering you've had a child! Congratulations So nice to hear you say you like what you see in the mirror!
  • Thank you! When my tummy was at its biggest, I didn't think I'd ever get back to anything resembling normal.
  • I love reading that you are happy when you look in the mirror! Congratulations on your accomplishment!