Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 03-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/175/180

Height: 5'9"

Talking 122 Pounds Lost and LOVING It!

Hi everybody. This is a cool community! I love that there are so many maintenance people here. I lost all my weight by calorie counting and exercise and shifting to a Michael Pollan-esque diet (99% vegetarian, veganish, whole foods, non-processed etc) It took me 18 months to make my original goal of 180 pounds (down from 287) then I took a break from trying to lose, then came back and lost another 15lb to get to my current (and goal) weight of 165. I made it last month.

I did all that with the help of another site- FatSecret. But I found that most people on that site are just starting or are absorbed in losing and there aren't many people who are to the maintenance part. So I am looking for somewhere with more people I can relate to in terms of where I am in this process. Hoping I found it here.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi. My name is Kate and I'm 33 years old and a graphic artist and animator. I live with my boyfriend of 5 years and he is a bodybuilder- so exercise has become a couples activity and is one of my favorite things to do. I also love to cook and bake and I love food! Even more now than when I was heavy because now I really think about what I eat rather than just mindlessly stuffing my face. I lost all this weight once before in my life in a very unhealthy way, and needless to say, I gained it back over several years because I went back to my old habits. This time, I am determined that I will never regain it. I know how unlikely this is, but I also know it is my choice and I will have to take direct action to ensure it doesn't happen. That's why I'm here. I want to be proactive in continuing to seek support even though I have already met my goal.

My before and after photo is my avatar. I went from a size 22/24 to size 8/10 US. My beginning waist measurement was 54 inches and now my measurements are 38-28-38. My body is not perfect, but I don't think it has to be. Sometimes, I feel like I am the only woman on earth who has made peace with my imperfections and has decided to love my body regardless. I love exercise, I'm happy with the way I eat now and basically, I feel pretty optimistic and satisfied. I know that this is because I choose to. The last time I was this size, I utterly hated my body because I was in a terrible place mentally. I guess I matured and learned that my body image issues were in my mind and not really dependent upon what I looked like. If I'm not alone, please speak up! I want to know you

I have a blog and I will post it in my signature as soon as I am allowed to have one! Nice to meet you all, I hope to get to know you soon. I'm generally an optimistic, positive, and happy person. I love to share my experience and if I feel like I have helped someone get closer to their goals, it makes my day! So if anyone wants to ask me anything, feel free.
k8yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #2  
No description available.

Congrats! Jump right on in!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/149.5/140

Height: 5'6''

YAY, looks like we found 3FC at around the same time. (I'm GilmoreGirl from FS)

:-)
NewGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote