Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 07-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default I think I'm ready!

Hi maintainers! First off, congrats to all of you for losing weight and keeping it off. Man, it's not easy!

I haven't officially reached my goal weight, but I've been at the same weight for about a month now (+/- 1lb) and I'm feeling strong, healthy and pretty good about myself! So instead of beating myself up every day that the scale isn't moving down even though I'm doing all of the right things, I've decided to officially maintain at this weight and be proud of what I've accomplished instead of waiting for the scale to keep dropping. I'm not changing much about my eating because I absolutely love how I'm living and how good I feel after the food I eat, but I'm ready to be a little more lenient about an extra 100 calories a day or eating a meal out every once in a while. I've amped up my exercise though and am training for a 10K and a half marathon in the next 6 months! I can't wait! It feels great to focus on fitness goals instead of the stupid scale and I can't wait to get stronger and even healthier.

I'm happy to be a peace with my body, but am deathly afraid of getting "too comfortable" and gaining everything back seemingly overnight. I plan to be a regular on this thread and stay accountable to all of you because I really want nothing more than to have this lifestyle forever and this website is seriously the most incredible resource for that.

Thanks for listening and I hope to get to know you all soon!

- Ellie
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/142/120

Height: 5'4"

you rock. that was so inspiring! !!.. and I think with that mentality there is nothing that will stop you from getting to your goals.
SugarHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #3  

SugarHabit - What a sweet response! Thank you for making me smile!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
I'm happy to be a peace with my body, but am deathly afraid of getting "too comfortable" and gaining everything back seemingly overnight. I plan to be a regular on this thread and stay accountable to all of you because I really want nothing more than to have this lifestyle forever and this website is seriously the most incredible resource for that.
Ellie -

Come on over and join us in the "No Excuses" exercise and food accountability thread. We are accountable like that to eachother, every day of the week! So come on by and post daily...you'll be glad you did!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Ellie Hanging around 3FC is a great way to stay on track and accountable as you maintain. The maintainers here are so wonderful - they make this journey so much easier
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:27 AM   #6  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Welcome here Ellie.

Such a frame of mind is a good thing, no doubt.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:47 AM   #7  

Thank you all for the welcome! It means a lot to me. Reading all of your stories has been invaluable to me throughout this journey and I'm so grateful to you all for sharing your wisdom. Keep it coming!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #8  
Workin' It

Ellie - welcome, and congratulations!

Like you, I started posting on maintainers seriously afraid of regaining. After almost a year I haven't regained the weight, and I know this board has been a big part of that. I already saw your post in the Accountability forum, come on over to the weekly chat if you wanna!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote