3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Maintainer Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/maintainer-introductions-168/)
-   -   A Lurker Emerges! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/maintainer-introductions/171785-lurker-emerges.html)

ICUwishing 05-15-2009 12:26 PM

A Lurker Emerges!

Hello, maintainers! I've been spending most of my 3FC posts in Support, 40+, and Chicks in Control. I've lost the 12 pounds that bothered me the most, and while I'm not saying there's none to go, I'm not in a place at the moment where I want to commit to a new goal number for my weight. I have been visiting here and WholeFoods Lifestyle, taking advantage of the wisdom and enthusiasm on the sly.

I took the 12 off with calorie counting to a threshold of 1400-1500. I didn't pay much attention to what kinds of foods I was eating, and nothing's come off since late March. I'm paying more attention now to how I feel, and working through some elimination diets to figure out what it is I'm sensitive to. I had a tendency to binge on salty stuff and occasionally sweet - but I've had a bit of a personal epiphany and the urge disappeared. Thus, I've decided to maintain while I work through the rest of the mental stuff I need to make myself strong for a lifetime.

Action: The Antidote for Despair. :)

paperclippy 05-15-2009 01:08 PM

Welcome ICUWishing! :welcome: Please come join us on the weekly chat thread!

mandalinn82 05-15-2009 01:48 PM

Yay! Join us on the accountability thread, too! It's such a great tool for staying on plan.

fiberlover 05-18-2009 10:04 AM

Welcome!

Shannon in ATL 05-18-2009 11:19 AM

Welcome! I post on the chat thread and the accountability thread, and they both really help me!

ICUwishing 05-19-2009 01:44 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm going to be a little scarce for a few weeks - I have a massive exam that I'm sitting for on June 6 and I need to brush up, but I will certainly make time to be accountable and continue to learn. :)

chris313 05-21-2009 09:47 AM

Good morning all. This is my first post in the maintainer's section. I lost 71 pounds last year following Sugar Busters. I realize now the hard work really comes in maintaining.:mad: Since December of last year I've gained back 15 pounds!!
To say I am disgusted with myself is an understatement. I am now trying to lose those 15 pounds, and keep them off permanately. I am counting calories and avoiding all sugar, white flour etc... I eat a lot of fish, chicken, vegetables, and fruit. I try to aim for 1200 calories per day, but allow myself to go over some days.
I need some help in figuring out how many calories I should increase to once I've lost these 15 pounds. I also have to start exercising, since I've never done that either.
I think my biggest problem is I have an all or nothing mentality when it comes to losing weight, and that is what leads to disaster for me.
Any advice?