3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Maintainer Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/maintainer-introductions-168/)
-   -   Why Today? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/maintainer-introductions/161098-why-today.html)

accountable 01-10-2009 11:33 PM

Why Today?

I'm not sure why today I have chosen to break through my long-standing lurking status. Maybe it is my renewed energy to kick these last 7 or so pounds I would love to get off....Or maybe it is a search for another source of accountability for my health goals.

I have been maintaining about a 45 pound loss for the last 2 years now. I orginally lost this weight using the Weight Watchers system and for the past 6 months I have morphed into a calorie counter using The Daily Plate to log my foods. I take cardio and weight classes at the gym 4-5 times/week.

I have done some good things health wise, but so much more room for improvement. First, I have the number 150 stuck in my head as far as the number I would love to see on the scale. I have been there before and really liked how it felt, but it has been difficult to get back there and stay there. I struggle with thoughts that if it is that hard to get there is it really realitic. After all, it is just a number I have fixated on. Second, I would really like to pursue the challenge of really seeing what my body will do. Just how good can I make it look. Then I think that this desire is just too much vanity and I need to chill and realize there are more important priorities in my life. Thirdly, I still really struggle when it comes to sweets. I overindulge frequently and I haven't yet found a way to break this once and for all. I'm sure there is more, but that is what comes to mind at this moment.

I have been a on again/off again lurker on 3FC for about 2 years now and it have been a great source of encouragement and information. I would really like to get more involved by posting regularly in order to increase the source of accountability I find here and to hopefully contribute at times as well.

midwife 01-10-2009 11:56 PM

Hi! :wave: I'm glad you're delurking! Our stats are very similar. I wish you better luck at seeing 150 than I've had. I did see 151.5 once! We'll get there!

mandalinn82 01-11-2009 12:42 AM

Hey there, Accountable! :wel3fc: and I'm SO glad you found our maintainers section!

I'm in the same boat you are...the number in my head was 162. I had to adjust my goal up to 165, because 162 just wasn't sustainable for me. I also struggle with the balance between seeing just what I can do and other priorities that are important, too.

If you want a way to hold yourself accountable, come join us in our "No Excuses" thread...a great place to account for your daily eating and exercise.

Can't wait to get to know you better!

RN BSN 2009 01-11-2009 12:55 AM

Thanks for coming out of lurking!

Hope to see you post more!

BillBlueEyes 01-11-2009 03:17 AM

Welcome accountable

Welcome accountable - Yep, posting is a great way to become more, well, accountable.

I do recognize that tension between our body's right to settle into its set point and our ambition's obligation to strive for our ideals. Good luck in finding peace between those two.

AnneWonders 01-11-2009 12:22 PM

Welcome, accountable! You have two small girls in your avatar, and that must make for some additional challenges.

Anne

accountable 01-11-2009 03:02 PM

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to getting more involved.:)