08-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Deb on LAWL
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Great Falls, MT
S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150
Meatless Main Dish Recipes for LA Weight Loss
Santa Fe Egg Bake
* 4 cups frozen southern-style hash brown potatoes
* 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 cup fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
* 1 cup frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions
* 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (8 ounces)
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 cup egg substitute
* 1 1/4 cups skim or 1% milk
* 1/2 tsp Morton Lite Salt
* 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
* Coat an 11 x 7 inch rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
* Mix potatoes, beans, corn and stir-fry peppers and onions in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
* Beat eggs, milk, salt and red pepper until well blended. Pour evenly over potato mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
* Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Makes: 8 servings
Serving size: 1/8 recipe
LA Exchange: 1 Protein, 1 Vegetable, 1 Starch