Old 08-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Panko bread crumbs! (an alternative to traditional bread crumbs)

I don't know if anyone else has discussed Panko Bread crumbs yet, but they are absolutely delicious AND I learned something amazing about them. They are great for reducing your carb count!

DH and I were shopping today and doing a lot of label reading. He wanted to make meatloaf tonight with bread crumbs, so I said we would read the labels for crackers, bread crumbs, etc to see if there was a good low-carb option. We glanced at the cracker aisle, and decided to skip it completely. We headed toward the bread crumbs and started pulling them and seeing which had the least carbs per serving. Most labels had 20-26g of carbs per serving. On a whim, when I was reading the label for the Panko bread crumbs, I asked the serving size on the box he had. He said "Quarter cup, what's yours?" I was totally SHOCKED to see that the serving size of the Panko was a half cup! I was even more excited by the fact that the box he was holding had 24g of carbs per 1/4 cup serving, and the box of Panko bread crumbs had 25g of carbs per 1/2 cup serving! The price per box was also comparable to the other brands of bread crumbs.

Our meatloaf was SUPER DELICIOUS And, even though it is my "cheat" weekend, I had no regrets on eating it!!!
biancasimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/155/110

thats awesome! We are on Induction now so I use crushed plain pork rinds in ours.
Mistirose is offline   Reply With Quote