Old 06-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #1  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Chicken Pot Pie

I posted this in the food forum but thought ya'll here might like to see it too. I've really been wanting chicken pot pie but I'm on a semi-low carb plan so I don't want to eat the crust and the potatoes that are always inside.

Well this afternoon I made it without those and it's still delicious! Kind of like a real thick chunky soup, but thicker than a soup so I don't really know what you'd call it. I used carrots, onion, broccoli, peas and cauliflower for the veggies, all white chicken and for the sauce I used a can of Campbell's 98% fat free cream of chicken soup and 3/4 can of skim milk. Added salt, pepper and rosemary and a little garlic and sprinkled with reduced fat cheddar before baking it. Really delicious!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 259/247/150

Height: 5'6

rachel ray calls those a "stoup", combo of soup and stew!

sounds yummo!
mrs dorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

While I agree your recipe sounds quite good, being on Atkins, the fact that the 98% fat free soup contains 10 grams of carbs for a ½ cup serving makes me a little leery...as well as the skim milk. It sounds more low fat than it does low carb. The low carb version of Paula Deen's chicken pot pie, complete with crust is delish and only 7 carbs per serving
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeehtdx/k...ite/id109.html
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #4  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

you're right there about the carbs in the soup and milk so this probably isn't for the Atkins crowd but for those just following a semi-low carb plan it's still way better than the traditional which not only has the crust and potatoes but uses quite a bit of flour for the internal sauce.

The Paula Deen recipe looks yummy! She uses Campbell's cream of chicken soup too but I notice the person who modified it uses a different (low carb) milk, that's probably where the difference comes in.

Last edited by wisher; 06-27-2008 at 10:39 AM.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote