Old 06-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Default Want a sandwich?

How about a wrap instead?

This isn't so much a recipe as a substitution I use.

La Tortilla Factory has a Multigrain Wrap (if you use another brand, make SURE you read read read! the nutritional information on it!) which is made with 5 whole grains and extra virgin olive oil.

100 calories
3.5 grams total fat / 0.5 grams saturated fat / 0 grams trans fat / 0 grams polyunsaturated fat / 2 grams monounsaturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
290 mg sodium
17 grams total carbs
Here's the kicker: 12 grams dietary fiber, that means a total of 5 grams net carbs!
1 gram sugar
Here's the other kicker: 8 grams protein

Enjoy.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

Height: 5'7"

Incredible! Can these be bought in Ontario, Canada? I absolutely love veggie wraps but being that I am on day 3 of my low carb diet, my weight watcher wraps are too high.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Not meaning to burst anyone's bubble here...but...these "low carb" tortilla's are not for Induction. Since they are made with whole grains...they should not be eaten until you have reached the last rung of the low carb ladder on OWL (On Going Weight Loss).
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Kim is right, these should not be used by anyone during induction or until their low carb plan allows for it.

As for whether they are sold in Canada, I'm sorry but I have no idea. You might google and check their website.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote