Old 01-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Default Anyone have any to die for low-carb recipes??

I am in my 2nd week of atkins and have found a great website "Linda's Low-Carb Recipes" (sorry can't post the website here because I don't have access right now), but anyways.....I tried the seafood bisque soup and it came out outrageously great!

So I'm looking for some more 5 star low-carb entrees to satisfy my huge pallet. Any suggestions??? Thanks for any help you can give. Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Same web site, Try the lasagna stuffed peppers, yum! I made them with sausage instead of ground beef.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Height: 5'4

Sounds good. Thnx for the info! Writing it down now.
Amy On a Mission76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Yeah!!! I can finally posts links! Here's the website I mentioned before "Linda's Low Carb Recipes"...some good stuff here...enjoy! http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:23 PM   #5  
I Love my girls

S/C/G: 350/315/145-

Height: 5'3

Default Omg!!

Oh My Goodness!!! That website looks absolutley AWESOME!!!! My mouth is watering just reading the recipes! I can't wait to try some
helenandaudreysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #6  
I Love my girls

S/C/G: 350/315/145-

Height: 5'3

I just tried this snack recipe from the site above....OMG! It is soooooooooooooooooooo good...almost too good!

CHEESE ROLL-UPS
2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Garlic powder
Marinara or pizza sauce, optional

In a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, spread the cheese to cover the entire bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with garlic powder to taste. Once the bottom of the cheese is golden brown, start gradually prying it up with a spatula. Starting from one side, push and roll the edge inward with a spatula to roll the cheese up jelly roll fashion then remove to a plate. Serve as is or dip in marinara or pizza sauce, if desired. The sauce is not included in the count.

Makes 1 serving
Do not freeze

Per Serving: 159 Calories; 10g Fat; 16g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
helenandaudreysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #7  

This is very very good and only has 3 grams of carbs. leftovers are even better!

Chicken Lazone Recipe

If you like a little "heat" add some cayenne pepper to taste.

1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter, divided
1/2 cup heavy cream

Combine the seasonings and coat chicken breasts.
In large saute pan melt half of the butter and cook chicken over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning once.
Pour the cream into the skillet and lower the heat.
Simmer for several minutes, stirring until the sauce thickens then add the remaining butter.
When butter is melted place chicken breasts on four plates and top with the sauce.
Megsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 335/335/135

Height: 5'6"

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I have been having trouble finding good low carb recipes! This website looks perfect!! Can't wait to try some of the recipes out!

THANKS AGAIN!!
nikki531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

I just tried the deep dish pizza today - wow - amazing!!! Tomoor I will try to the 1 minute muffins!
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #10  

I just made the ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS, PEPPERS, TOMATO SAUCE AND CHEESE dish for dinner from Linda's Low Carb recipes-it was fabulous!!!!
stephiexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:58 AM   #11  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Cleo (the Oopsie Roll lady) has a lot of great LC recipes on her blog:

The Lighter Side of Low Carb
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/167.5/159

Thank you so much!

I'm a lazy cook when it comes to meat so lately I've been eating lots and lots of fish but I'm looking forward to finding some low carb chicken/turkey recipes for a change.

Heh. The Low Carb Lolitas motto made me giggle: "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Bacon" Too bad I hate both bacon and ham, but fun nonetheless.
Blackberry Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I check out low-carb cookbooks from the library all the time (I've checke dout the low-carb slow cooker cookbooks so often, I should really consider buying them on amazon).

One I've been craving recently is pork roast and sauerkraut. This was a favorite growing up. The recipe is pretty basic.

1 pork roast or assorted pork chops (not the leanest, but not the fattest either. You want a little fat on the meat to season the sauerkraut).

Sauerkraut (I like to use bagged sauerkraut if I can. I don't rinse bagged sauerkraut, but I do drain and lightly rinsed canned or jarred sauerkraut. I have a much smaller salt preference than most people.).

Usually I use about 1 to 1 ration (one pound of sauerkraut for one pound of meat - but I REALLY like sauerkraut).

Really I don't have to add anything else, but I usually do add a couple good shakes of garlic powder (not garlic salt. The sauerkraut, usually provides plenty). I sometimes add a thinly sliced onion or a shake of dried onion flakes. Another optional seasoning enhancer (but not necessary) is about 1/2 to 1 tsp of soy sauce, MSG (such as Accent), worcestershire sauce or viatnamese or thai fish sauce.

I know the fish sauce sounds crazy, but I never buy worcestershire sauce anymore, because fish sauce adds a depth of flavor, but is difficult to identify (it doesn't taste fishy unless you add WAY too much). I'm not a fan of worcestershire, because most of the time I can identify the flavor in the finished product. I've been asked for my "secret" in spaghetti sauce, chili, meatloaf.... so many times it's funny. Even people who've eaten those dishes at my home before, they ask for my "new" recipe - and it's the same recipe just with about a tsp of fish sauce in the dish.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/167.5/159

I have no idea what the carb count is, but I just made THESE and they were delicious. I went easy on the lime and served the pork chops with a low carb cucumber salad (I adored cucumber as a child, I'm so happy to rediscover it) seasoned with a crushed garlic olive oil paste and the pork chops were very lean and delicious with the cumin and lime zest. I hope it's not misleading but even with the cucumber and lettuce mix, I can't imagine that was very carb heavy. Very filling and tasty though.

Last edited by Blackberry Fields; 05-16-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Blackberry Fields is offline   Reply With Quote