general questions...

• If Im eating only like 10-15 carbs daily will my weight loss stall? I am so worried that my weight loss will stall. I am so happy losing and if I stall I am going to get so discouraged. I have been doing atkins faithfully since sept. 9 so for the past 2 weeks I should have moved up to 25 carbs a day but stayed at induction level. I hope its ok. Mabey I should be eating 25 carbs a day now?
  • Vouge, I stayed at or below 20 carbs for the first 6 months and lost almost 60 lbs. during that time, so it worked OK for me.
  • Find What Works For You!
    Hi Vouge,

I would say it all depends on the person. We are all different. For me, I had a lot of weight to lose, so, I stayed at 20-25 carbs a day for close to 2 years. Even now, and I've been doing Atkins for 2 1/2 years...I still stay primarily at 20-25 carbs. When I do add more carbs, its in the form of extra veggies, a small amount of almonds or low carb/low sugar yogurt.

Basically, what I'm saying is, you have to find the amount of carbs that works for you. Some people can eat 60 carbs a day & still continue to drop weight....some can't. Its all individual. The only way to find out, is to read the book & start slowly moving up the carb ladder as Dr. Atkins suggests (OWL). You will find what works for you.

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim
  • Many people stay on induction longer than the 2 weeks. Just remember your body will probably start to slow down or stall in weight loss the closer you get to goal. Keep up the great work and don't get discouraged
  • Geez 60 carbs? how is that low carb?????

thanks for all your help. i think i am going to shoot for 20-25 right now rather than my usuall 15-20 cause I do feel as if I am loosing alot slowing , and I am still far from my goal . I am not in healthy weight range and thats what I am shooting for. I am 5'6 and like 183 lbs I need to lose like at least 50 lbs more .
  • Everyone is different, I stay at 35 carbs come heck or high water. Weight loss would be great, but I'm doing it mostly because I feel healthier. Judy H
  • vouge09--considering the typical American diet includes HUNDREDS of grams of largely processed carbs, 60 gr of thoughtful, healthful, whole carbs is indeed low carb...