Individual body response to different foods?

• My husb has controlled type 2 (he is 35 and had since he was 30) and we both have a strong family bistory of type 2 and heart diseases. We both control our carbs and focus on high protein and high fiber diet. We visited a nutrionist who told us to find out the foods that cause hyper glycemia for him.

Is it true that different people can digest different foods differently? His dad gets higher sugars when he eats any kind of rice the night before. But my husb gets higher sugars when he eats whole wheat bread the night before. He seems to get normal sugars when he eats all purpose flour (as in pizza) which btw is totally opposite of what one would expect. He also seems to have higher sugar levels when he eats milk based stuff like low carb icrecream or milk pudding with lil/no sugar.

Is this true and does this remain same throughout life? do any of you have noticed individual patterns of metabolism?
  • As we're all created different I believe that our reactions to food is different as well. My mom can drink all the soda she wants (no water) and lose weight on Atkins whereas I have to drink water (and need to give up the soda) to lose weight.
  • I believe that too I can't even eat low carb bread without my cravings coming to a head. I had one slice of banana and it messed me up for two days, so I believe everyone is different