Old 04-13-2004, 08:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Zero net carb Chocolate Bar!!

Hi guys I don't know if this product has been posted but if any of you like chocolate every once in awhile I found a chocolate bar at the market today that has zero net carbs!!

INFO:

Sorbee Zero Sugar
Fine European Chocolate

Total fat 13g Sat. fat 8g
Cholest. 5mg
Sodium 0mg
Total Carb. 22g**
Fiber 1g**
Sugars 0g
Malitol 21g**
Protein 3g

Total Carbs 22g
Fiber -1g
Malitol -21g

Net carb count: Includes only those carbs that cause a noted effect on blood sugar.
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 02:03 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Damn sugar alcohols!

Here's something to keep in mind: is low carb about impacting blood sugar or is it about the carbs you consume.

My take is a carb is a carb is a carb. If you can digest it, it counts. I've been through the stalls to prove it.

Also, malitol can do a number on your digestive system.

So in my book, regardless of what the people who want my money say, this is is 21 gram of carbs chocolate bar.

I recommend ZCarb bars - very yummy, high in fiber, and very low in the damn sugar alcohols.

Just my 2 cents
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:04 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Michelle thanks for the info, have you tried it yet ? how does it taste, is it worth it? are they expensive? And your right "once in a while" is the key word.

Star I did try the Zcarb bars and they are YUMMY!!!!! and I do agree with you a carb is a carb, no matter how they try and trick us.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:20 PM   #4  

Thanks guys!! I am kinda new to the whole atkins diet today was day 7 and I have lost 10 lbs so far and it feels great.

When I bought the candy bar I was very skeptical of the malitol and claims of it being zero net carbs and did some reading on line about the sugar alcohols, and it seemed that it was split 50/50 about whether or not sugar alcohols should be counted.

Leenie- yes it was expensive 1.99 for the chocolate bar and while it tasted good it wasnt as tasty as I was hoping and I think thats cuz Im slowly getting over my "addictions" it tasted much better in my head so I suppose thats a good thing and Star Im gonna start thinking like you that a carb is a carb but one question on that .... what about the dietary fiber can u subtract that or what?

Hellllpppp me I want so much to do this right
thanks
take care
Old 04-15-2004, 12:04 PM   #5  
Head Princess

I subract fiber because we don't digest it. It just runs on through!

So when I look at a label, I take total carbs - fiber = net carbs.

As fair warning, though, also check the ingredient list. There are some companies that don't list sugar alcohols in the total carb count at all. And then they just put a tiny note somewhere about it. It pisses me off.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:44 PM   #6  

Great!! ty for the warning Im trying so hard this time and this is the best Ive ever done on a diet!! Im just elated that I have begun to lose weight and this site is my substitute for cravings and Im glad that we can subtract fiber because I really do enjoy the Carb Chopper tortillas with only 4 net grams of carbs

Thanks so much, and Star if there is anymore advice you can give Im listening you seem to really know what you're talking about and have the results to prove it

Take Care
Old 04-23-2004, 12:30 AM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Watch out for that maltitol - unless you are constipated and need a little help (actually a lot of help?)....stay close to a washroom if you know what I mean

Froufy
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:39 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

I'm not sure what I ate but it had the same effect. Man, I didn't think I was EVER going to stop!!! I can now say my system is TOTALLY flushed (no pun intended) out.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote