Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 04:58 PM   #1  

Default First week observations

Hi all.

Today is my seventh day on the SBD and I am down seven pounds. I just wanted to post some observations as most of this loss happened at the end of this week.

First of all, I started a Fitday journal after I saw it mentioned on this board. I wish I'd done this initially as I found I was eating less than 1000 calories. And I was exercising. When I upped my calories, I started to lose.

Second, I noticed from the Fitday journal that I am ingesting a lot more sodium than usual. I figure anything that gets me through my first two weeks, I will allow. But I did switch a few things. Low-sodium V-8 juice. No table salt whatsoever. And I drink a ton of water. I think that helps. But I think this might be important for people who don't seem to lose as much weight as they think they should. Check the sodium. Some of the cheeses recommended have a lot.

That is about it. I would also recommend visiting this board at least once a day as it helps to know you aren't alone. If anyone else has any observations that help them, I would love to hear them. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:27 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Congratulations on your loss and thanks for the informative post. I will copy this into the Frequently Asked Questions section for future reference as it applies to all lower carb plans.
Thanks for posting.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

I've totally noticed the sodium thing as well. I was low then high and so on, never very stable with the numbers and the lower I was the more I lost, go figure, So I've kept an eye on the numbers and it's coming along quite nicely as well.

Calorie issue here too, with the huge hunger decrease I went from my previous, eating like there's no tomorrow of about 3500cal to barely 1000. So I really have to work to pop over that 1200 but most days I do now because I am aware of what a great effect it has on my weight loss.

Tummy
Old 10-21-2003, 05:19 PM   #4  

I wouldn't worry too much about the calories, just eat until full, and be sure to eat the snacks, and you should be ok. As far as salt is concerned, Dr Agatston does not advocate salt reduction.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:07 PM   #5  
Head Princess

Angry

I've noticed that I consume more sodium now as well, but I've also noticed that I need to. With the amount of water that I drink and the change in my eating habits, my sodium levels deplete more rapidly.

I had a problem with leg cramps for a bit and upping my sodium levels fixed that little problem. I used to always blame it on potassium, but a high protein diet resolves that issue nicely as well.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:07 PM   #6  
reaching my goals

I have to keep my calories around 1000 to realize a loss. I did cut back on my sodium some though as my hands were staying swollen. I was eating processed hot dogs and such. I try to avoid the processed meats now and am doing better.
Closed Thread