3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-frequently-asked-questions-79/)
-   -   Flax Seed Meal?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-frequently-asked-questions/28553-flax-seed-meal.html)

Froufy 06-17-2003 01:23 PM

Flax Seed Meal??

Just wondering how many use flax seed meal, and what they put it in?

I am in need of some "unblocking" (to put it delicately :o ) so I decided to try some.

Made some "hot cereal"....about 3 tbsp flax seed meal, 1/3 c. water, some salt....microwaved this about 1.5 minutes..then stirred in a bit of butter and cream...it was actually not bad!!!

It was a very small portion tho, and I was wondering if it was okay to up the quantity (or would I be really, really sorry if I did that:?: :?: ).

Also if eating as a breakfast meal.....I read that you should add protein powder??? (how much?) I have no experience with protein powder? What am I looking for exactly? And what should I avoid?

Any advice/help (or even recipes)would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Froufy

nasus40 06-17-2003 02:58 PM

HHHMMMM blocked?? are you taking a magnesium supp???

flax is a great laxative as well as a great source for omega 3 do not give it up. as for Protien powder I would use a carb soultion one like what you would make a shake out of. watch the carb content of them though the carb solutions brand is great, with min carbs per serving.

Froufy 06-17-2003 04:22 PM

I AM CLUELESS...

What is a carb solution? I am on week 4 of Atkins induction...no shakes for me!...so I don't have any of this stuff around.

I did see in the drugstore last night a can of slim-fast protein powder - for shakes and food....says no carbs at all?? Is this possible....may I can add this to the cereal. I did like it.

Just don't want to over do it and be sorry (if you know what I mean) - is there a maximum amount of flax seed meal one should eat???

Froufy

Ruthxxx 06-17-2003 04:53 PM

Frouf, flax-seed meal is OK but why not just use the sugar-free Metamucil and glug it down really fast? Be sure to take magnesium too as Sue suggests.

Protein powder is best bought at the bulk food store. There are two kinds - soy and whey. Some folks prefer the whey. I don't see or taste much difference.

Hope everything comes out OK in the end! :lol:

Froufy 06-19-2003 10:10 AM

PROGRESS REPORT!

Everything is "coming out" just fine...thanks for asking. In fact I visited many public washroom on my rounds yesterday - not sure if it was the flax or something else??

Was excited at the health food store as I found some Atkins products!! Very pricey tho (bake mix was $20 cdn and sf maple syrup was $10). I did buy ONE atkins advantage bar (GASP!) to try...keeping it for next week due to scheduled visit by the PMS monster - hope this will keep him at bay!

Also bought some soya protein powder and a scoop of soy flour for future pancake making.....

Had more flax meal cereal for breakfast - have now perfected the recipe:

1/4 flax seed meal
1/2 cup water
dash salt

Microwave 1.5 minutes on hi - add a smidgen of butter, a dollop of heavy cream and a teeny sprinkle of Splenda. Very yummy and only about 1 carb or so.

Will let you know if I will be buying more toilet paper (hope it's on sale:lol: )

Froufy