Old 12-10-2013, 02:32 AM   #1  

Default No results

I've been on a low carb diet for almost a month now and I haven't lost any weight. I've cut out all sugar, I'm drinking at least 2L of water everyday I think I've been doing well but I've seen nothing. Am I being impatient? most people just say the weight flies off at the beginning. Not sure what to do help!
Kirkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Congrats on cutting out sugar - that's a big first step!

Are you following a specific low carb plan? If so, which one? (If not, are you open to some suggestions?)

Are you tracking your food somewhere (online or paper) and can you list a typical day's menu?

Most people do lose weight quickly for a week or two if they go very low carb - but that means cutting carbs down very low, much lower than just cutting out all sugar (although the sugar step is a good first move!). After the first couple of weeks, weight loss on low carb is generally similar to other weight loss plans, at least in my experience.

Happy to help you figure this out, but need more info from you!
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #3  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

I also have to ask a few questions.

On what plan are you? Are you eating the right kind of foods? Are you excercising? Some ladies also retain weight during TOM. Did you take your measurements?
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #4  

Default In and Out

As crappy as this may seem it is all about calories in and calories out to lose weight. It would be nice if there was a magic trick but it isn't. To loose a pound a week you need to create a 500 calorie deficit a day. Two pounds a week would be 1,000 calories per day. All the weight didn't appear overnight so you won't lose it overnight. Be patient I'm sure you'll hit your goal!
Ashleyunfiltered is offline   Reply With Quote