Sandwich bread substitutes

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Joseph's Lavash bread. 50 cals. per half (they are large sheets 11" x 9") 7gr carbs 3grs fiber. net 4grs carb delish.
  • I'm always one for putting in my two cents worth, but this time I'm taking notes on better ideas. Thanks!
  • "I second cucumbers".... I needed a finger food lunch today and didn't think of that... They would work well with tuna or crab salad. Thanks!

I ended up with some cold carb-free sausages, which worked fine in my hand, but I missed my veggies.
  • I love the 'Mission' brand low-carb tortillas. The only place I can find them around me is Sam's. They make a wonderful thin pizza crust!
  • The hubby makes a flax seed bread in the micro with ground flax and an egg. I have not developed a taste for it though.
  • Tuna or chicken salad is great stuffed into a bell pepper half.
  • La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Tortillas! You can wrap your sandwish fillings up in them. They aren't the tastiest things but they are filling, they're loaded with fiber and protein, and they make a great substitute for bread.
  • I happen to really enjoy lettuce wraps but I can see how they would get old quick to some. I also use the low carb tortillas, and there are some recipes for low carb flax meal bread you can make (not muffin in a minute) and I think its really good. I toast it and put tuna on it YUM!