Old 05-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #1  

Default Getting started with Low Carb diet?

Hi, I'm new to the low carb diet so I was looking for some advice on how to go about it, what foods to avoid, and recipe ideas (which I will be getting from that section ). I've started an 90 exercise program to gain muscle and lose weight. So far after a month I've been on a steady weight of about 190. I don't know if its from gaining muscle and losing weight or if its just not working. I wanted to get down to about 170 or 175 by June. So now I am trying to start this diet because I have read that it is a good weight to lose weight faster.

So if anybody could please lead me into the right direction into starting this kind of diet and also what foods I should eat/avoid.

Thanks!
Passe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

Eat real food. If it has more than 1 ingredient, skip it. I know this isn't practical for everyone, but if you can do it it's worth it. I'm just talking about the grocery shopping here, by the way. The closer everything is to it's original form the better off you will be. There are some exceptions, like grains and sugars and starchy veggies that are generally off limits. Salads and meats tend to be all you can eat, just watch the dressings. Good luck! Having a specific plan makes it easier to troubleshoot when things aren't moving along, too. Take measurements and pics if you want to keep track of progress other than on the scale.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote