Old 07-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #1  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Default Are You Guys Eating These?

Hi everyone I was just wondering if anyone else is eating the same things I am for snacks, just because I feel so guilty and I cant let go to them no matter how hard I try, but for some reason I am thinking that they might be the reason why I am not losing as quick as before. These are my guilty temptations:

Peanut butter
cheese
almonds
avocado

The thing is that even though they are low carb they are also high caloric. If some of you are eating these also, please tell me how little and how often I should have them.
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

how much of them are you eating and how often?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Peanut butter - Natural with no additives ONLY. Peanuts are fairly high carb, on the nut scale. I limit this to once a week, at most.
cheese - In moderation. It tends to stall some people.
almonds - I do eat these daily. I keep my portion size in check.
avocado - Yes, probably weekly. This is a great source of fat.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #4  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Peanut butter - Natural with no additives ONLY. Peanuts are fairly high carb, on the nut scale. I limit this to once a week, at most.
cheese - In moderation. It tends to stall some people.
almonds - I do eat these daily. I keep my portion size in check.
avocado - Yes, probably weekly. This is a great source of fat.
Thank you, I eat peanut butter and almonds almost daily now, and avocado like once a week. God answer, I am going to stop the peanut butter and have the almonds once in a while and my slice of cheese about 2 times a week, Hope to have a better week next week.
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

I don't eat nuts as I am allergic to them, but as for
- cheese: it may be that it is much easier for me to lose right now because my weight is still so high, but I lose just fine eating cheese. The last time I was on low carb, I lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks going through around a pound of sharp cheddar a week, plus making cream sauces with parmesan and cream cheese too. I'm not being nearly as liberal with the cheese this time, as there's simply no reason for anyone to eat that much, but still, I haven't had a problem with it before.

Avocado is not terribly high in carbs, very high in fibre, and full of good fats. Why would you ever avoid such a wonderful food? I usually have one a week, just because more than that and I find I lose my taste for it. Avocados are great for you though.
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #6  

I eat lots of cheese for breakfast and some almonds. As long as I count carbs I'm good. I would eat avocado if I liked them, and peanut butter if I could find it low sugar (not sure I can get that in my country).
Belanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170.5/164.5/140

Height: 5'6''

I usually have 1 or 2 servings of cheese a day. The shredded kind has a carb count but for some reason sliced pepper jack is 0?

I've been eating habanero bbq almonds, but limit it to one serving a day.
mom23kids1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #8  
Committed

S/C/G: 166 / 160 / 145

Height: 65"

I'm just starting Atkins again but I've done it before; I tend to limit peanut butter to maybe a tablespoon a week and only as a treat for being good. Almonds are a daily treat because they are good fats (12 almonds a day) and avacados are about 1-2 a week (especially because they help with leg cramps, which I tend to get on Atkins!!).

Cheese! Cheese! I love cheese!! I put it on most of my dishes, different types of cheese: monterrey jack, cheddar, swiss, you name it!! I eat it in moderation though, not too much. I don't want to get sick of it!

I put a slice of cheddar cheese on wax paper and nuke for a minute and I have a nice crunchy treat! You can experiment with other cheeses, including parmesan cheese, and nuke for a minute or more, depending. What a terrific, crunchy treat!!

I also just LOVE those cheese balls with almond slivers on the outside, usually sold in the deli department of grocery stores. People usually serve these with crackers but I love just slicing off a wedge and savoring it as a treat! YUM!!!
lmmuzquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I just started, so I'm not sure how this all affects my weight loss (yet), but I do eat avocado, almonds and cheese (might start sf peanut butter too, if I can find some).

My stats for these food items are:

Avocado, 1-2 a week
Almonds, About 8-16 a day
Cheese, 3-4 oz. a day

These are all high calorie foods, like you said, so I am trying (though not always succeeding) to keep them within a reasonable calorie alottment (my goal is to stay between 1300-1500 calories, though I may drop it lower depending on my weigh in tomorrow).
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/207/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids1 View Post
I usually have 1 or 2 servings of cheese a day. The shredded kind has a carb count but for some reason sliced pepper jack is 0?
Sometimes ingredients, like potato starch, are added, to keep the cheese from clumping.
ohmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Cheese and avocado are main foods for me. I'm allergic to nuts so those are out. I eat those often!
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

I love peanut butter and cheese and in that order. I can give up almonds though. I probably need to cut back on the p. butter though I did just recently start my diet again 3 weeks ago. I will probably lose weight a bit faster it's just that I'm crazy about the stuff. At the moment I have provolone cheese which is probably one of the worst cheeses to eat but I don't eat it much, will give it up after this package is gone and probably go for the swiss cheese
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I make sure I get some healthy fat each day, but I don't eat snacks (I have an eating window that basically resolves to one meal a day -- dinner). Normally, that's been a serving of 10 almonds, but sometimes I'll eat 1/2 avocado and I've been eating some chavrie goat cheese like a dip with fresh veggies. Sometimes, I'll have a tablespoon of natural peanut butter instead of almonds, but I know I have to be a little careful with PB (I find it easier to be satisfied with my 10 almonds).
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #14  

Cheese is a must for me. One week in and 5 lbs down so I'm keeping it in. As for nuts, my husband eats them and has lost 10-15.
RubyRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #15  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Cheese is my kryptonite, and I think it's what stalls me worst. I'm having a hard time quitting it thoug.

Avocado is the only food that I have a serious allergic reaction to (throat closes up, itchy eyes, etc) so that's not a huge issue. & I don't do peanuts. I keep a bag of almonds at my desk for snacking, but I never eat more than 20 a day.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote