Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 07:24 PM   #1  
Swimming Mouse

Default Experimenting...

I'm just looking for places locally (Baltimore-area) to buy some of the low-carb stuff so I can try it again. I tried doing the low-carb with my roommate about a year ago (maybe 2 years now?), and it didn't work for me. I'm not interested in doing the plan whole hog, but I am trying to find new ways to cut things out of my diet. I already have a fairly low-calorie diet, and low-fat... I'm not sure where else to cut except the carbs.

I've tried everything else, but I guess I may as well try this again... Particularly, I'd love to find a bakery. I love bagels in the morning, and since I've been seriously doing the low-cal (tracking it, at least) for 6 weeks, I haven't had a bagel, and I miss them. Funny... I don't miss anything else food-related!
Old 08-06-2002, 09:15 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

try checking out the low glycemic index that will be about half way between low dcarb and not. do a search of check out this site

http://www.afpafitness.com/GLYCEMIC.HTM

http://www.mendosa.com/gi.htm
Old 08-07-2002, 05:41 PM   #3  
Swimming Mouse

Thanks! That is very interesting, though I don't get the hunger or sleepiness or headaches. I also don't eat every 3-4 hours. During the week, depending on the time I get up, I eat 3 times in the day... breakfast, lunch, dinner.
During the weekend or if I don't have to be at work, I eat once, sometimes twice, during the day. I don't feel a need to snack or eat more. I'd said elsewhere that in 7 weeks of tracking, I've only gone over 2000 calories a day twice.
Some people have suggested that perhaps one reason I can't lose weight is that I don't eat enough. Seems silly to me, but maybe its true.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:47 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

You may have PCOS that is one thing that many people have (one of the symptons if overweight and insulin resistance) infertility and several other problems that I do not know. but low carb is the way to go.

do you actually eat enough food?? track your inatke for a few weeks at www.fitday.com you should actually take in about 1500 cal daily and if you do not then yor body will throw itself into the starvation mode which meants that you will not lsoe weight untill your body realizes that it is getting enough food.

I have a friend that has lost 1 whole size eating enough food. she did not eat now she is dropping like flies just by eating more. think about it./

Oh have to run kid is sick. i may be able to get on later but probably tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:13 PM   #5  
Swimming Mouse

I do not have PCOS. I have the cysts on the ovaries, but the doctors (I see both a medical endocrinologist (or did, he dismissed me because he doesn't know what to do, and recommended a referral to another doctor), and a reproductive endocrinologist. The reproductive endocrinologist is my primary doctor for whatever this is.) do not think is is PCOS because of some other things (there is a post about this in the PCOS forum).

Also, I do have a tracker I use... its on my palm pilot, and I've been using it that way for 2 weeks, prior to that I did it on paper. The average is somewhere between 1400-1700 calories daily. Today I haven't had even 1200 calories, (1149), but I'm full. I am considering getting something later, but I don't know right now.
As I said: I did Atkins 2 years ago, and it made me ill. The endocrinologist theorizes that it may be because I produce too much insulin, but am not insulin resistant. The amount of insulin I produce is beyond even what somebody who ate nothing by junk food and processed sugars would have. By cutting the carbs so drastically, I wasn't giving my body anything to use that insulin it kept producing on.
Closed Thread