can i safely cut out carbs as well as taking the fat busting pill zxenical

• i have been on the anti fat absorbing pill now fot two months and whlle i am loosing weight it's very slow (9lbs in total) and i have tried atkins in the past so i'm wondering would it be safe to do both and would it work quicker as my son is getting married in august and time is running out for me
  • Since Xenical is a Dr. prescribed drug...I wouldn't consider doing anything unless you first discuss this with your Dr.
  • I have been taking Alli (which is the OTC, half-dose form of xenical) while doing low carb for two weeks now. I have lost 8 pounds. I also take a multi-vitamin every day.

AND--I wear a panty-liner in the rear of my panties, "just in case," although, so far, it hasn't been an issue.
  • I think you could safely cut out refined carbs - those that are from sugars and white flour etc but increase the complex carbs. If you were going as low carb as Atkins then you would be eating too much fat and that would not be a pleasant experience.

On Xenical you do need to have some control on your sugars as whilst it won't make you ill, its all too easy to eat sweets as many are fat free but obviously not good if you're trying to lose weight.

Kitty
  • One thing you need to be careful of, is cutting out too many foods. You are taking pills that require you to eat less fat (or it discards it), and if you cut down carbs then all you have left is protein. All foods wind up in one of those three categories. Most low carb plans do up the fat ratio for a reason. Please do check with a nutritionist or a doctor if you are going to combine plans.