How many grams in carbs do you eat per day?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: My average carbs per day have been between 90-103 for the past three months.
    That's about what I'm averaging right now, since I started paying a little more attention to it. Usually between 80-100. But before I was hitting 150 and sometimes higher. Not that I've ever really been big on the carb thing. I never bothered counting carbs and I still lost over 80 pounds. But now that I'm almost at goal and I started going up on the scale (eeeeeeeek!) I decided to do something different and figured I'd try watching how many carbs I was eating. I was 136 (even hit 137 one day) and now I'm back down to 134. Possibly just water weight, but whatever. It makes me feel better to be closer to 130 than 140.
  • hi all!!! i'm new to the atkins diet...have done ww in the past and the fat smash but i am really loosing w/the atkins...i read that the initial carb intake is 20-25 to start with and this is what i've been following and i'm down 5 lbs in the first week (cheated a lil) but have been eating steak w/cheese, sweet italian sausage and chicken breast w/cheddar cheese and a lil ranch dressing on top. if you go to this website it has a link for a "free mini carb counter" ... very helpful!!! good luck everyone.
  • Hi cctrible! Congrats on the 5lbs. Glad you are doing so well. Come join us in our weekly chat, we love to have new people.
  • The Adkins guide says that you should be eating from 40-60 carbs per day. I'm just in the introduction though. You should check out the book, it has all the answers you'll need
  • Quote: The Adkins guide says that you should be eating from 40-60 carbs per day.
    Can I ask exactly where you read this?
  • Quote: Give me spaghetti squash with low carb alfredo sauce...Yummo!!!!!
    Now that sounds DELICIOUS! I would never have thought squash would be an option on low carb...
  • Spaghetti squash is great for low carb, as are summer squashes, most of the winter type squash are a lot higher.
  • I don't write it down either but know I probably should. I also probably only eat 25-30 carbs a day but I've only been doing this for about 4 months. I really wanted to be strict until I was closer to maintaining and then I will up it as long as I'm not gaining. I really think it's not just the amount of carbs but also what carbs you are eating like there is a difference in my weightloss if I eat vegetables as carbs vs a lot of salad dressing etc. Like I think I could get a way with eating more carbs if I wasn't so lazy and prepared my veggies with dinner more. That's my opinion though.