Old 09-01-2001, 07:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Wagon - Labour Day Long Weekend

Where is that tape? I fell off very badly yesterday. Those matchstick potato chips were the culprit. Do you know, the salt put me up 2 pounds.

Big water day coming up.
Old 09-01-2001, 07:19 AM   #2  

Good morning!

I just entered a long post while you were creating this new thread.

Here's some duct tape . . . O O

One for you and one for me!

Talk soon.

Old 09-01-2001, 07:24 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Default LOL - Joanne's Post

Guess we both need another coffee. Passing it over.

Here is Joanne's post copied over.

jdoneil1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Workin' in a coal mine. Go'in on down, down."
For those of you not familiar with country music, the subject line is from a famous song. Suits my attitude today. Here it is my first long weekend since Idependence Day and I let some whining office worker convince me to give up my Saturday morning so he could go golfing! Oh, well. The 6 hours of OT will help when picking up the back-to-school lay-a-ways next weekend.

Yesterday was anything but OP. Too much stress, too little time, and PMS. Need I say more? Never made it to the grocery store last night. Didn't have an egg to cook or any cheese either. Stopped at Dunkin' Donuts and got a Cranberry/Apple bagel with Maple/Walnut Cream Cheese. I ate 1/2 and squashed the rest in a pile of napkins so I wouldn't be tempted to eat any more. Not OP but better than before I went LC.

Talk about stress. This afternoon we are attending a dinner that my husband's ex-wife is hosting at a restuarant in her home town. We are celebrating Jennifer (my step-daughter) turning 13 tomorrow. While his ex and I are cordial enough on the phone, we seem to start getting snippy (she starts it! ) when we are face to face for too long. I really don't want a scene to ruin Jen's night. Hopefully, she'll behave this time. I know I plan on keeping my mouth busy with water (Ha! Though I was going to say food didn't you?!).

Had my annual exam yesterday. My doctor is a bit concerned because my blood pressure is up (never happened in the past). When I mentioned that my mother had a full hysterectomy (sp?) 8 months ago because they found the early stages of ovarian and cervical cancer, she was even less thrilled. It's a new doctor for me. She seems to be really concerned for my health. Anyway, she's ordered some blood work this coming week to check my cholesterol, thyroid, and check for diabetes (runs in my family). Then she scheduled me for a (Ugh!) mamogram. She wasn't going to (I'm only 37) but since Mom had a lump removed 3 years ago (benign, thank you Lord) she thought it would be a good precaution. Isn't life grand? It's the first time I've gone in for my annual exam and walked away with tests scheduled. Needless to say, last night was not a good sleeping night. Yes, I know I'm lucky to be healthy and that the tests are just to be sure. But Mom's initial tests were just to be sure, too. (Sorry, PMS makes me always see the black side of things. Too many hormonal changes. Just ignore me. )

The good news is that she thinks the Atkin plan is OK. Although if my cholesterol is up, I'll have to modify it a bit (less high fats, reduce sodium, etc.)

Sorry to ramble on. I don't know why they insisted someone be here today for coverage. It's a ghost town! I guess I'll catch up on my filing.

Talk to you all soon. Oh. And sorry for the "me" letter. Blame it on PMS.

Joanne
258/150/246 08-29-01
Old 09-01-2001, 07:32 AM   #4  

Thanks, Ruthxxx!

I tried to copy it but couldn't quite figure out how. I certainly wasn't going to retype all that talking (my fingers would hurt).

Old 09-01-2001, 07:34 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Joanne, you just get that stuff checked out. You are so lucky to have such a through Doctor. Mammos are no fun but are "a good thing" - I'm becoming an expert on them. Avoid caffeine for 3-4 days before and take a Tylenol or something 1/2 hour before the "procedure".

And don't ever apologize for a "me" post - that's what this Board is all about.

Sorry you have to work today. Hope that guy gets rained out!
Old 09-01-2001, 07:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

good morning! I've been pretty noncommittal about which program to go with. I think I'm going to take a kick at LC. This after I'm pretty sure I've talked my company into paying for a "Weight Watchers At Work" program. Oh well, I'll just go weigh in every week.
I just ordered the "Curves" diet book, so we'll see how that goes. I hope everybody has a great OP weekend.
Old 09-01-2001, 07:43 AM   #7  

Talking "It's raining. It pouring. They *** not's golfing"

OK. So it doesn't ryme. But it's true. An electrical storm with some heavy to moderate showers moved in around here about 3:30 AM. Still going off 'n on. No way is he golfing this morning. And he has to be here at 1:00 this afternoon because I'm leaving at noon.

I know it's not ladylike to be happy about this. But ****, he got me to rearrange my schedule so he could hit a stupid little white ball?!? For all you golfers out there, please don't take offense. I'm sure it's a nice sport. I just don't think it's important enough to ask someone (as they are ready to walk out the door for the long weekend) to change their plans so you can play. If he'd asked me, say Thursday or even Friday morning, I wouldn't have been so peeved.

Ruth -- Looks like you and I are the only early birds today. I'm going to check out the www.allrecipes.com site I keep seeing mentioned on the recipe threads. It's cooling off here and I'm starting to get the urge to be creative in the kitchen.

Old 09-01-2001, 07:45 AM   #8  

Angry

Good morning, Noranoranora.

Didn't see you sneak in there. Welcome. LC is helping me tremendously. Hope you find it to be just as successful.

Old 09-01-2001, 07:58 AM   #9  

Joanne,
I second the feeling about not to worry about your "me" post! For me PMS is a chronic (or would that be accute?) condition! (sheeeesh..now I have to go ask some person in the medical commmunity for the definition!)

Hang in there and once your now NON golfing worker shows up smile and go about the business of taking care of you!!! Get to the store and get the stuff you need.

On the test part...I am glad to hear that your doc is having you take the tests...I know it is a pain tho!

Hang in there!

Nora...let us know how you like that book...my interest has definately been peaked!!!

peach
Old 09-01-2001, 08:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

good morning! I've been pretty noncommittal about which program to go with. I think I'm going to take a kick at LC. This after I'm pretty sure I've talked my company into paying for a "Weight Watchers At Work" program. Oh well, I'll just go weigh in every week.
I just ordered the "Curves" diet book, so we'll see how that goes. I hope everybody has a great OP weekend.
Old 09-01-2001, 11:25 AM   #11  
Senior Chicky

Good morning all! I am already suppose to be gone but wanted to check in real quick!

Joanne, another one here that agrees. This is a support forum and our daily lives affect our eating, our health, etc.. Sharing it with others who understand is welcomed! I hope that you and others will never hesitate to post their feelings....good days or bad days....it's what makes us who we are! Oooh, now I'm going to be evil.....I'd be sitting at my desk knowing that I'm collecting overtime while he's at home frustrated that his little white balls are gathering dust! I'm so bad!!

Regarding your tests....thank God you have a doctor that is that thorough. <<Hugs>>>

I'll check back in this afternoon...I HAVE GOT to go!!

Addicted to my LC buddies??? No, not me!
Old 09-01-2001, 04:49 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

Oh Ruth, I sure can relate. I had a high salt day on Thursday, knowing I had a WW weigh-in on Friday. DUH. Next week, I'll be sure to have the duct tape on hand for those Thursday salty snack attacks.
Yesterday I canned peaches and darned if I didn't go out and buy another box of them today. I want to make some light freezer jam this time. Also, if anybody has a good recipe for peach chutney or knows where I can find one, I'd sure appreciate it
This morning I picked cucumbers and have enough to make a few jars of dill pickles. However, my jars are stored in the crawl space and I've never been down there and I don't want to start now. I KNOW, I'm a total WUSS, but I'm askaird of spiders and I just know there have to be some giant ones down there. Where else are they coming from when I find them in my bathroom sink? Some are so big I can hear them tap-dancing in the night. So, I have cukes and beets sitting in the sink waiting for DH to come home in the hopes that I can sweet-talk him into going down there and rummaging around for my jars.

I'm babysitting the neighbor's dog while they're away for the long weekend. This pooch visits me all the time anyhow but I think she's worried about her family. Even though I've shown her that her very own bed is in our garage, along with her food dish, she just can't settle. She snoozes on our patio where she can see me through the screen doors for about half an hour, and then I see her trekking up the road (just two houses down) to check out her own home, and then she's back again. Luckily she doesn't wander like she did when she was younger. Just hope she doesn't howl in our garage all night when we have to lock her up.
By the way, Joan, I'm with you on the inconsiderate golfer. Not nice to be spiteful, but I'm glad his golf game got rained out. hehehe (Can you tell I've never picked up a golf club in my life?)
Well, that's my life so far today. Hope you're all enjoying a nice weekend.
Old 09-01-2001, 09:05 PM   #13  

Default HELLO

Hi All!!!!

Just checking in....finally after almost 2 weeks (talk about withdrawl) and had to stop and say HI to everyone.....only have a minute ....Hope everyone is doing well....

Linda.....ROFLMAO......I am petrified of spiders and all those creepy crawly things downstairs.... I had to laugh when I read your post... that sounds just like me...and I have to wait till kids or DH is home so if I find some critter staring at me at least I have someone who can come and get it......hahaha....

Everyone have a great holiday......
Old 09-01-2001, 10:23 PM   #14  

Hi all - Got a question. I was looking at a thread where everyone was telling what they ate. I'm following the Atkins plan and wondered if this isn't what everyone else is following. Perhaps there are several low carb plans??? My confusion is over eating corn and oven fried potatoes. Just wondering.
Glad I found this site. I've been on quite a few the past couple of weeks checking them out. I think I will be a regular on here. Three day weekend really is going to be great. Of course here in Upstate New York it is a little cool today. Actually tonight I'm in sweats.... Really cool. Hope to chat a lot with you all. It sounds like a nice group.... Linda
Old 09-02-2001, 01:52 AM   #15  
Slimwithin

Yes, other Linda, the folks here follow several different low carb plans and some of them (like myself) are doing a lower carb version of Weight Watchers while others are sort of "winging" it with a home-made low carb plan.
By the way, if a person is following CALP or CAD (two versions of the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet, they are allowed to have things like corn and potatoes for their Reward Meal. Other people follow the stricter plans like Atkins and Protein Power.
Glad you joined us and hope you stick around.