Old 08-20-2001, 06:06 AM   #1  
Lifetime Member

Smile What a pleasant surprise!

Was I surprised and pleased to read who Jennifer is and what diet she said she was on ....

I can't do a link, but go to the new forum called PCOS Support and read Jennifer's comments under "Poll: PCOS Questions."

Welcome, Jennifer!

I still believe low carb plus exercise and lower calorie intake are necessary to lose weight.

But more importantly we need to learn to love ourselves just as we are. I am working on that myself.

Still, a low carb diet seems to be the right way to eat, reguardless of losing weight or not. It simply is a sensible way to eat.

Welcome, Jennifer. I hope you come around and let us know how you feel and how you are doing. WW is great for some, but for many of us here it must be a lower carb intake just for our health and a longer life. We are all looking for the right answer and are all sisters in our quest for happiness. I hope you find yours soon.
Old 08-20-2001, 05:38 PM   #2  
Senior Chicky

Yes, I read maxsmom77 post last week and have been lurking keeping up with her and the others on her support thread. She was so sad and frustrated in dealing with her PCOS diagnosis. I had not posted as I'm not knowledgeable enough to understand the condition.

I'm very glad that there has been so much positive LC material out there to help people such as myself, Max, Hensa, Monstar, Karen, Jennifer and so many others. As strongly as I believe that LC is the right way of eating for ME and many others, I am sorry that it took this medical condition for them dealing with PCOS or others with medical conditions to realize that this is a woe for them. I welcome them in offering support and sharing of knowledge but definately do not celebrate their joining our woe due to a medical condition. That support thread is so full of support, knowledge and understanding of one another...I think it's great! They are fighting the same battle and have found common ground...ground that possibly we can help with.

I think offering support to all these fellow chicks may be greatly appreciated. They are learning to deal with their condition and perhaps we can help share what we have learned about the LC woe!

J

Last edited by MamaJ; 08-20-2001 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2001, 06:42 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

well said both of you. I know PCOS is prevelent, and many suffer from it. I am glad too that they have come here so we can help with any questions regarding low carb, and they tous as some have been on for long times too.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:23 PM   #4  
Lifetime Member

I know PCOS is a serious and very frustrating disease and do not mean to disregard it. However, that was not my point.

I meant, go to that place and see:
1) What diet Jennifer WAS on;
2) what diet she is now on;
and most importantly,
3) read what her entire signature is at the bottom of her comment.

This is important, Chickies!
Old 08-20-2001, 09:04 PM   #5  

Giggles is pointing out a shift in the perspective of the "owner" of this site.

Giggles and Jennifer have a "history" of struggling over LC.

Maybe struggling is too strong a word. Correct me, but I don't think newer people will get what you are after, GIggles.

But I do.
d.

We have had a lot of support from Jennifer in the past, she went out of her way to give us the WW and LC section and our own chatroom. I am so glad to have the understanding and ongoing attempts to struggle with weight accepted as they are here at 3FC...thanks, Jennifer you're cool!
Old 08-20-2001, 09:37 PM   #6  
Senior Chicky

Cool I've been around for awhile too....

and I think I definately understand the old WW versus LC stuggles. I guess that I just refuse to applaud new "recruits" to LC due to their medical problems. Whether it be Jennifer or anyone else, I take offense that we are applauding their condition and welcoming to our WOE. Most of us seem to be here for each one day by day....I understand that Jennifer was formerly WW...Okay, so????? WW is what she believed at that time and place in her life might/would work for her. I feel so grateful that many of us have a LC choice. We don't have PCOS and why should we celebrate the former WW'ers converting to LC because they have a PCOS diagnosis???

I do not mean to offend anyone....but I don't think I like the way some of this thread is going. I truly believe in LC FOR THOSE THAT IT WORKS FOR....I truly want to encourage and support others that find themselves here. If I'm being offensive, I apologize and will delete my posts, Best of luck to those who just want to improve ,,,,,,,,,

J
Old 08-21-2001, 01:36 AM   #7  
Lifetime Member

Wow, MamaJ, I am sorry to get you so upset. I feel there has been some misunderstanding of my words and I hope I can clear this up a bit.

I only meant to suggest that one of the owners of Three Fat Chicks has come to believe she can do well on low carb eating. She, as have so many others in the last year, has begun to believe lc might be part of an answer to some terrible problems so many of us fight with. PCOS and weight are only a couple of the complications of carb addiction.

And although Dottiejon suggested Jennifer and I had a history, we did not. It was another person - never this wonderful lady that I so admire.

I only meant we have been here for a while and seen more and more people begin to see the benefits of lc-ing. Having one of the Mothers of 3FCs who advocates our way of life can only be good for some of the people who come to this message board desperate to find some help. I only meant it was such recognition to have Jennifer mention she has switched to low carb because she recognizes it is a small part of her answer.

Sorry to get you upset, MamaJ. It was a misunderstanding from my not being very clear. I hope you can forgive me.
Old 08-21-2001, 08:50 AM   #8  

Default Ooops,

Sorry giggles,

I must have MIS-remembered your disagreement with Suzanne or Jennifer-

Glad you are back, are you doing LC these days?

d.