Old 08-18-2001, 07:43 AM   #1  

Thumbs down weekend, aug 18 & 19

sleeping late and sitting around with strong, hot...

coffee!

Old 08-18-2001, 07:50 AM   #2  

Ahh, the weekend. Love the promise of Saturday morning: just all the time in the world ahead.

I will do a quick Flylady thru the house with the vacuum and dust cloth, and do the kitchen floor(ugh) and have 2 more loads of wash, started the rest last night. I should be done by 10, and then just read, and cook, maybe go get a nice steak for the grill tonight.

How's everyone feeling today?
Terri, I was sorry about your husbands surgery, it will work out, but what a problem to go through TWICE!

Congrats Linda!!! 13 lbs! You must feel great!! I am so pleased for you.

Hi everyone else, I'll be back later in the weekend, I'm sure. It's great to be able to just "drop in" here, isn't it?

dottie
Old 08-18-2001, 09:12 AM   #3  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone!! It is raining and a few thunder rumblies this a.m. We NEED the rain, but I NEED it to stop before early evening so that the people at my DH's party can spill over out onto the patio and deck!!!! I think there are about 16 adults and 3 kids coming tonight. Had cable TV hooked up to the TV in the family room downstairs in the basement--am hoping some will want to go downstairs and watch sports tonight too. This a.m. I am cooking up the barbecues and cutting up the veggies before DH gets home from work at 11:30. Then finishing up the flylady stuff--he thinks I am doing my usual back to school cleaning frenzy and is none the wiser about the surprise party. It has been a LONNNNNNG time since I have had a "real" party,not just like relatives coming for confirmation etc. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I haven't weighed myself yet today, but yesterday the scale said that I had lost 10 lbs. this summer. Hope it stays that way this a.m!!

Dottie, hope the roughage and water kicked in! Enjoy your book and steak--sounds great!!!

Pat, hope your own private "Mickey" decides to head back to Disney World and vacate your house!!

Ruth, your homemade delights sound wonderful!!! What great gifts they will make. Gee, "how nice" of your husband to get that scale for you?!? They do try don't they????

Debkay, hope the cooler weather gets down there for your kids too--that is really brutal for them-how is your daughter's foot? You know they make that PBJ that comes altogether in a jar--it is called "Goobers" or something like that.

MamaJ, very happy for you and your family that things are improving between DH and Stephen. That has been a long road. Man, you were SOOOOO close to getting off of that football hook!!!! Dang! Well, guess we will have continue to nailbite together!

Barb, hope you are feeling better today. My son played soccer from Kdgn-through 6th grade and I loved watching it. Then the call of football stepped in and ruined everything!

Peach, loved your story thread from the other day--totally cool! Hope that BOTH you and Jif are doing well--take care of yourself--more worms here today for little guy.

Sue, thanks for the info on the scale--I wondered how that worked too.

Terri, sure hope your DH turns out better with this second surgery--that is just NOT fair!!

Linda, CONGRATS on the 13 lbs.!!!!! That is SUPER! Please DO post that pasta recipe---it sounds wonderful!!!

Take care everyone!! Will try to check in tomorrow to see how we are all doing!
Old 08-18-2001, 09:46 AM   #4  
Senior Chicky

Angry Morning everyone!

I just had to step outside and enjoy some fresh air (instead of a/c) as it's only 77 degrees this morning. Wanted to enjoy that a bit before it hits 98 again today!

Wow Linda~~Huge congrats on that 13 lb loss! WTG!!! And you could never be a rotten egg! Yes, please post that recipe~~I'm a CAD you know!

Terri~How awful for you and DH! Prayers for the second surgery to be successful!

Barb~~How're ya feeling? My DS played soccer too, didn't show the slightest bit of interest in football until seventh grade. Maybe the speed he developed playing soccer helped him with f-ball cause they keep him running and running and running!

Annie~~DS came home from football practice last night with a new nicname~~His coach has named him "Lightnin' ". As this was his first practice they had not seen his abilities. DS said the coach was playing him in various positions...DS got the f-ball, ran with it and the coach went nuts! Slapped him on the back and said..."Boy, you're like a streak of " lightenin' " runnin' down that field! " Guess what position they've put him in....Line backer. Isn't that the one that is targeted cause he's supposed to be running that ball? I think I liked it better when he played center. Well, he didn't run fast enough....his left side is bruised! Nailbiting? Valium....lots of valium.

DebK~What did you find out from the doc regarding DD medicine? And how is her ankle? My DD (remember Kudos here at 3fc?), the one with four kids....broke her ankle Tuesday night thanks to a sink hole at Wal Mart parking lot. How's DH enjoying Japan? And DS's LC going?

Sue~~ Do you know much about black cohosh? I've been taking it as well as St. John wart and Kava Kava and am definately feeling more like my old self. But I read that for menopausal symptoms the dose I'm taking may not be high enough? Please Ms. Nurse....any knowledge you can share?

Dottie~~Love your weekend plans! Read and relax. I told my family yesterday....The house is clean, laundry is done, floors are mopped, I'm cooking tonight cause I'm not doing a darn thing all weekend but what I want to do! Of course, by Monday the house will be trashed if I follow my plan! Enjoy your time!

Peach~~Is DH driving yet? Maybe he could take the boys to the zoo and you could have some relax time too! Hugs to Jif, too.

Where is Phyllis, Sooner and Jenny? Did I miss a post somewhere that they've left the roost?

Well, better get my morning paperwork done for the icehouse~~check with you great ones later! And a big
to anyone I've missed!

J
Old 08-18-2001, 10:02 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good Morning all!!

Linda, a great big pat on the back for the 13 pounds gone forever!!!

dottie, enjoy your quiet weekend!

Janice send your son our way, our football team could use some speed. Our big running back graduated last year, he was recruited by many, many college teams. I think he decided to stay in the state and is now a Georgia Bulldog.

Janice sorry to hear about Kudo's ankle, OUCH!

AdoAnnie hope your party goes great and hubby is surprised. Is your son ready for school to start, one good thing about school starting, NO MORE TWO A DAYS!!!

peachie, hope Jiff is resting comfortably!

Thanks for asking about my daughter, her ankle is pretty much back to normal. AS for the anemia, we have decided to just give her a good multi-vitamin, since she was borderline anemic.

Just got off the phone with my hubby in Japan, he is getting ready for bed. Said they went to a real Japanese steak house last night. Food was wonderful, but very expensive, a little over $100.00 per person. He said riding around Tokyo at night is like seeing Time Square on drugs, neon everywhere. He also said it was very, very clean, no peddlers on the street, no homeless. He said the cab drivers drive like the NY cab drivers, but the cabs are spotless and the driver wears white gloves. He's ready to come home, but has a couple more days. I miss him, I'm ready for him to come home too.

Have a great day everybody.

Debbie
Old 08-18-2001, 04:36 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Deb hope those next few days go by fast. the multivit should do just fine.

mammaj I am not aware of that one. Sorry. I am gld that your son is recognised by his abilities. I am not so glad that it is in foot ball though. I do not like the sport it is too dangerous. I am glad that my kids are little.

annie I will be thnking of you with your party. I hope all goes well.
Old 08-18-2001, 04:55 PM   #7  

Just a quick jump in to say hi and how are you and hope you're staying OP and all that. I am in the middle of painting the pictures on the walls of my daughter's rom and they are really time consuming so that's what I've been up to the last few days. I have Ariel, Sebastian, Flounder, King Triton and Atlantica already painted on there and I need to add Scuttle, another picture of Sebastian and all of Ariel's sisters in a conga line. I will take some great picutres and post them for all to see when I have the painting all done, OK?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Peach, how's Jiff???
Old 08-18-2001, 07:25 PM   #8  
Slimwithin

Default A YUCKY JOB

But somebody has to do it and that somebody is always ME!
Yep, fridge cleaning time. It took me almost three hours but I did a good job and now it looks all sparkly and smells nice instead of like something died in there.

Then did a quick vacuuming and dusting, baked a bread machine loaf for DH, and went to the flooring store with my neighbor who wanted my opinion on flooring for her family room.

Now, I should be paying bills as we've passed the 15th which is when I usually pay our company's bills but too much other stuff going on around here. Now I have to get busy.

Thanks for the congratulations on my weight loss. Feeling better all the time with better outlook on life, more energy, and fewer cravings. I do have to watch my carb intake though. Just one cookie can set me off, even if I've allowed for it in my WW points.
While I'm thinking about it I'm going to post that Fresh Tomato Pasta recipe. I think I'm going to have it again tonight.
Old 08-19-2001, 07:30 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default How Did This Happen!

The weekend is half over and I have not posted!

My morning of painting at the Church turned into a full day and then we had some old friends in for dinner. Must admit I overdid the wine drinking a bit but a shower and another coffee will fix me up fast.

LindaBC - I am just delighted over your loss! You go, girl! It's been a long time coming - or rather GOING!

Pooky, you are nuts! However Miree will have a gorgeous room and lovely memories of childhood.

MamaJ - is Kudos going to sue Wally World? She might give it a thought. My friend went after Sears over the same thing and got a fast settlement.

Gotta get cracking or Sunday will be gone! Hershey is leaving for Philly on the 8 a.m. plane tomorrow so we will have an early start Monday morning.

Have a good Sunday
Old 08-19-2001, 12:11 PM   #10  

Default Happy Sunday

Ruthie - Why is Hershey going to Philly? I forgot.

2 out of 3 of the kids are back in school (started on 8/14) so I have my usual wash-everything-and-fold-it-before-Monday-morning routine going again.

About the football saga: Our 12 year old, Bryan, is a big guy (5'7" 135 now) and plays baseball 9 months of the year. Some of the coaches in baseball are also involved in football and are always trying to recruit him. I have had discussion after discussion with them about the fact that we just aren't interested. Finally after a rather 'spirited' conversation with one guy, I told him my son was not going to play the one sport that has manditory Ambulance attendance at all games 'just in case'. I told him that we've play baseball for years and I've never seen one there. That shut him up!

Going to be a hot one here today. We have been having rather mild weather this summer but wouldn't you know it, the State Fair opened here on Friday so we have been having temps hovering around the century mark ever since! Happens most every year!

Have a nice Sunday all. Hugs and healing vibes to Jiff and you, Peachie!

Kel
Old 08-19-2001, 02:41 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hershey Does Philly!

Hershey is finally in heat and is going to Philly to meet SImon - her boyfriend. I expect grandpuppies by the end of October if all goes well.
She is going that far because she is a rare breed (Portuguese Water Dog) and we have to be careful of the breeding line because it's a very small gene pool.
There ya go! She will probably be gone until Friday or next Monday so I will be in doggie withdrawal for a while.
Old 08-19-2001, 03:14 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

Default Ooooh, Hershey, you DOG you!

Thinking Hershey will be having a much better time than I this week.

I'm still slaving away during the cooler hours trying to get my flower beds tidied up. Cutting back overgrown and finished flowers, weeding, etc. Can't believe the piles and piles of stuff hauled out of here. WOrked until 10:30 when it started getting a bit too warm for me.
Still doing paperwork and have great plans to get my office cleaned up this coming week. Definitely not my favorite job. Ranks right up there with cleaning the fridge but I got that done yesterday.
Old 08-19-2001, 06:53 PM   #13  

Default Hi

Hello, geez, better late than never I guess... here it is Sunday evening all ready and I realized I never got online this weekend... its hubbys birthday today so I had family over and now I have to run to pick up daughter and friend from movie.....

School starts back this week so we have been busy getting ready for that .....hubby goes back to eye dr tomorrow afternoon for another consultation so we will see how that goes....

THANK YOU EVERYONE for the good wishes for hubby.....I sure appreciate it....I really havent anyone to talk to about all this stress because it seems like everyone is going through their own traumas (at least in my family and friends) so I come here and it really helps me THANKS

Talk to everyone later this week...Take care