Old 08-17-2001, 05:40 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default #5 Low Carb Support

Good morning ladies.

I don't believe we have had to use the duct tape- We will be able to had it to 25-H with pride!! Way to Go!!

I was taped on last week and that stuff sure does hold. As I have gone on in all my posts latey, that this has been a week from **** at work. Have had to manage my emotions and feelings w/o eating. Craved pizza yeasterday like mad. lack of sleep and stress are my 2 biggest triggers. Yesterday I realized about 2 hours after I did it that I had an afternoon cup of coffee and put 2 sugar packets in it. Luckly my eating plan yesterday was really low carb. So it didn't screw uo too bad. didn't have a big insulin responce thank god. But I do feel it affected m y w/o yesterday negatively. I would like to be at 247 # by labor day. This will make it an official 25 # loss since Jan. ( most of this loss has been recent as well as I gained some after my initial post) At last measurment I had lost over 10 inches, 1 dress size and heading in the next one(26-24-22). More and more people are commenting on the loss as I guess it is showing now.

I hope everyone continues to do well.

Thank you for listening to me

Have a great day Friday

Pat
Old 08-17-2001, 07:32 AM   #2  

Pat- I doubt the 2 sugar packets did anything! It was something you overlooked... not like you accidentaly ate a bowl of pasta! What I really love in my coffee is the flavored liquid creamers by coffeemate, and another brand I forget the name of. Not the fat free of course, and just a splash. Yummy!
I had the best steak tonight! I made this WONDERFUL Hollandaise/Bernaise sauce to go with it. OH MY!!! DELICIOUS. I am a sucker for Hollandaise and Bernaise sauce. I am not sure which one it is. The recipe I got it from said it was Hollandaise, but it tastes just like the Bernaise sauce my favorite steak house serves. ??? Here is the recipe....

4 egg YOLKS
2-3 T lemon juice (I use the stuff in the lemon shaped plastic container, but whatever you use, just use it to your taste)
1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (ONLY 1/8th)
1 T water
1 cup of real butter, melted
optional- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I did not use salt)

Using VERY low heat- In a saucepan, whisk egg yolks, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and water. Add the melted butter a bit at a time to the yolk mixture in pot, and whisk constantly. Heat approx. for 2-4 minutes while whisking frequently until hot enough and thick enough. If the mixture gets too thick, add 1 T water. Remove from heat, and cover until ready to serve. Whisk again before serving.
Make sure to make this as close to eating time as possible, and not in advance. It only takes a few minutes, but it will thicken rapidly if left out to sit for a long time.
ENJOY! YUMMY!
Kirei
Old 08-17-2001, 06:53 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Sounds good keiri I will have to try it.

the sugat may have triggered a responce from the insulin as it is pure and simple carbs. I can have reactions like that especially when i am tired.

Pat you are doing wonderful! What a success. I have managed to kepp the tape in one piece but will try to not use any today. I will manage. I need to take my chromium and eat some healthy foods. then i will be ok.

I have to say that i think that i am excited. i weighed my self at the gym and it showed a drp below what was my all time low, i am not sure how accurate it is as it seems to not balance well (it is like a doc scale but it has a higher tollerance for staying balanced) i think it may vary a few pounds. it means that i have lost the water weight and not am back to the fat loss!!! I will check the scale this weekend and let you know how it it for an official weight.
Old 08-17-2001, 09:28 PM   #4  

Default HAPPY FRIDAY

hey everyone,

How are things going????? Im still OP but barely, Hubby went back to eye dr. and the retina is detached which means the surgery was NOT successful. so we can look forward to another surgery next week and this one may be out of town...dont know how I can do that with kids starting school but we will see.....hopefully I will plan this time and not get off program...

anywhoooo....

Pat.....I know what you mean about stress and being overtired..thats usually when I fall off the wagon.....I sure can relate....hang tough!!

Keiri.... MMMMMM GOOD!!! The sauce sounds delicious!!!I will have to give it a try......

Sue......YIPPEE for you, fingers are crossed that the scale was right.....sure is a great feeling when you get on the scale and see a loss.......

Everyone have a great evening......
Old 08-17-2001, 11:05 PM   #5  

Low and behold, I lost another pound when I stepped on the scale this morning (Yes, I know I'm a scale watcher, but I don't care!). I was sure I would not have lost, because yesterday, I had that delicious steak, with my rich and creamy butter sauce. Then for dessert, I made the low carb cheesecake (no crust of course) and had 2 servings. I am absolutely shocked I lost! This is amazing. I always feel so full and satisfied. I don't even miss the carbs. I make my husband and kids mashed potatoes, garlic bread, etc. etc. etc., and it doesn't even phase me. I have to say as a former skeptic, I am completely pleased and thrilled with this program so far. I think the key, is to keep invented new sauces, and desserts so you never feel like you are missing out. Works for me.
Thanks again for welcoming me into your great group here.
Kirei
Old 08-18-2001, 05:58 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Hello all

I slept thru thenight and feel quite rested. So this is a good way to start the weeknd. DH is home though and they (DH) can be so needy LOL. Hopefully he has some project to work on.

I started chromium yetserday. Will see what that does for me. Really need somehing to cope with stress. New JOB comes to mind. New co workers. Vacation( in 2 weeks) But I am complaining.

Well Op still food wise. No cheating at all. Want tobut holding on tight, I don't want to admit to 25H I used the TAPE. SHe probably has gotten one of those chicken bags I keep reading about .

Kirei, I love when the scale moves!!! Congrats girl

tornadoter- I am soo sorry that this didn't take . How frustarting for you all. Good luck next week. Stress ,sounds like you win on the stress meter.

Sue Congrats !! It sounds like you are back on track!!!!Way to go girl

You all have a good day

Pat
Old 08-18-2001, 09:26 AM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Last night i waited till i had the chromium before i ventured to the kitchen where the pizza was waiting. i was so hungry my stomach was turning .............. I noticed the pizza box was open and I could see the cheese lovers calling me ................. i opened it and a piece was standing alone ...................... i reached down and grabed it ........................ brought it to my mouth ............. and ripped the cheese off and threw the rest away!!!!! I DID IT! I did fine last night.

hey all thanks I saw the scale was reading 185 for a few times. (Kieri I too am a scale watcher 5-6 times a day) so i can officiaslly say that i have lost my weight. i have been fluxuating 15 lbs for the last 2 months with the weight training and fluid so i can not really say what i have lost. I know in the beginning of june i was 194. so it is 9 since june. aa total of 50! I am halfway to my goal!!! 30 from my weight when i was married. My DH says he can really see the difference. It sure has been hard work! and hard to stay OP

Pat the chromium does help with the cravings, and it also is supposed to help with the fat burning too. I was told not to take too much so i make sure i limit to 400 daily i do neeed to investigate it for more info maybe tonight. for the stress well new job does sound appealing... by the way what was it about prison that i had read in another post??? I take it that is where you work??? I know that there is one up there.

Kieri

I love this way of eating. it is wonderful. it is hard when you do not plann and go over the carbs of tolerance, it is also hard when going to others that do not recognise your new eating pattern and think that it is just a phase, i try to work around them but when i can pass on those mashed potatoes, and garlic bread (formerly ate 1/2 loaf in one sitting) I know that this is the woe for me. i feel so much better. by the way how are you feeling??? more energy?? I know what you mean i get started on this program and really want to get everybody on it. I am a walking poster child for the program. One thing as you have been on it for a bit, how are your legs feeling??? if they are feeling like you want to move them but having a hard time getting them to go. you want to but they do not??/ welll it is time to start to take some potassium. one of the effects of the program as you initially lose the weight your body is working overtime to rid it self of the toxins and waste it will also loose potassium. it is VERY IMPORTANT to replace it. potassium is required for muscle use. and has a low tolerance for being out of whack..so i suggest to grab a bottle, any brand will so and take some. use how you feel to be the judge of how many. if you feel just a bit loggy in your leggs then one daily, if you seem to have crampy legs and they are jumpy but still logy then take one twice a day. let me know how you are doing.

Terri I am sorry that your DH's surgery did not go well. I will be praying for him for next week. you can send your kids over here I will take them. You have been doing a great job staying op will all that is going on. stay stron. the duct tape is available if needed.

Stay strong girls will check in later today!!!
Old 08-18-2001, 10:05 AM   #8  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Rollin'...Rollin'...Rollin'.........Keep that wagon rollin'.

I'm baaaaaaaaaack!!! I have taken the time to read all your posts since I left and I am mighty proud of this bunch!!! Nice driving there...co-pilot!!! I will take the duct tape back and hold it until needed! You all are wonderful!!!
So....My vacation was very nice. Me, hubby, my two sons, (age 18 and 21) and one of their buddies...in a pop-up trailor at Ocean City where it rained the first two nights........BAD! (We survived.) We had a great time. Went on a speed boat ride, and they rented jet skies one day....(Me too scared.) Went swimming and tubed on a "lazy river." Spent time at the boardwalk, shopped, went out to dinner a few times and watched the sunset on the docks. Etc., etc., etc.

I managed to stay ON PLAN the entire time! I can hardly believe it myself...but I did! I went prepared with my canned tuna and chicken! I had cut up veggies and cheese with me too! Took lots of bottled water and flavored water. (It was hard to get all the water in cause the "bathhouse" is so far from the pop-up that I was afraid of wetting myself in the night!!!) I also did not want to have to "pee" everytime we went anywhere!!!!!

My hubby bought me some "peanuts" to snack on as we played cards at night which I thought was a real treat....and nice of him to think of me!!!

Did I want to kill people on the boardwalk who were eatting funnel cakes and ice cream cones???? ONLY A FEW OF THEM!!!

But....I bought a new bathing suit while we were there...OFF THE RACK...and it looked very nice!

The shorts I brought to wear were actually a little baggy so that made me feel better too as the guys were sucking down hot dogs with everything and fries!!!

I did not feel toooooo neglected! We went to a seafood buffet one night and I was in heaven! Another night I feasted on scallops, (my favorite), a salad and a zucchini medly! Anti pasto salad one night, and chicken salad another. I looked kinda funny eating tuna for breakfast, but that big dose of protein in the morning is a BIG help!

We came home and my mom was nice enough to have a pan of lausagna ready for the family and some home-made banana nut bread with cream cheese! She said, "Sorry honey, I did not have anything for you." Hmmmmmmmm. I scrambled myself some eggs and had celery with it...hating every bite my family took...but REFUSING to go off plan and screw up how hard I worked!

And..I am proud to say that when I got on the scale this morning..I have taken off another 2 pounds! (That is 26 so far!!!)

I am so glad a loss showed up after being on vacation. You never know how your body will react and I wanted it so bad!

I thought of you all while I was away. I did alot of reading in my Atkins book and was amazed at what he shares in the book. I am telling you........low carb is the ONLY way to go!

sue....Great driving! I see you kept everyone in the wagon without having to resort to the duct tape. Also, congrats on the scale going in the "left" direction! Way to go!

kieri..........stay on plan and the rewards will be greater than you can imagine! (I get tempted to step on the scale myself....but I only tally once per week.) I suggest you stay away from any diet soda...(if you can.) I was a diet pepsi drinker and went cold turkey! Water with a squeeze of lemon, some decaf iced tea, or flavored water..(I buy them at Walmart) are a much better choice. Your body reacts to the artificial sweetner in a bad way....and it is just not worth it! Try the DIET jello as suggested. It is VERY YUMMY!

teri.... Hope everything will be okay with hubby. Please take a few minutes for yourself during this time and you WILL stay on plan! It is so hard when life seems "out of control" and we turn to food in the process. (I know from experience.) Hit the store....buy some on plan foods that you enjoy.......have snacks cut up and in little zip lock bags so grab. Whatever it takes! You are working so hard and deserve to be successful. You will only be successful if you stay on plan! We are here for ya babe!

pat..........That chromium will help! I also believe that certain times of the month we crave more than others! I keep drinking my tea and drowning myself in water when that happens! The scale is great to "tell the tale"...but inches lost is sometimes even better! I still "measure" myself using skirts and shorts I have not worn in awhile for motivation! I am very proud of you!

jhp.........Thank you for replying about your success so far on Atkins. You are a real inspiration to me. Sometimes it is hard to "deny" yourself certain foods.......but in the long run....is it worth it to have the "no-nos"???? You prove that staying on the plan works! (I will remember that next time a chocolate chip cookie calls out my name!)I applaud you on your success!

I hope I have not missed anyone! (So sorry if I did.) I will check back with you all later. I have BAGS of "dirty, SANDY laundry" to get to and lots of unpacking of groceries and stuff from camping to do!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

As always to all you LURKERS....JOIN US! (Since we are all doing so well...there is plenty of room in the WAGON!)
Old 08-18-2001, 11:18 AM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

25 YOU ARE BACK!!!!!

So glad to see you back. I was a bit shakey at times but if you did not hand the tape over to me then i probably would have needed to use it on my self. I managed to do great.

I can not believe you did so great on the vacation. LOST 2 LBS on vacation. what a feat! I am so happy for you. 1/4 way to goal, and dropping. What a reward for refusing to eat the Lazzagna, and turning your face away from the funnel cakes and icecream. I wish that i had your focus when i went on vacation. What is camping without rain??? No fun It sounds like you had a great time. I am so glad you deserved it!!!

we all are such loosers!!!

I wonder if jennifer has lost that last pound for her goal? She is truly an inspiration.

well go unpack I am still doing laundry from my trip. I will check in later.
Old 08-18-2001, 10:13 PM   #10  

Default Moshi Moshi...

Welcome back 25 Hopeful! It sounds like you had a great vacation! Not only did you have a blast, but you lost 2 pounds doing it! AWESOME! I am sure I speak for all of us when I say, We are proud of YOU!
Now that you all are getting to know me a little better, you know that I step on the scale every morning. So those of you who don't... Sorry! I just have to do it! HEHE! So what did I see when I stepped on my scale? Another 1.5 pound loss! 185!!!!!! OH MY! I told you all that I respond VERY well to weight loss plans. I am so happy about this! I know that the loss will taper off, but I am just happy for what I am accomplishing at the moment. (Sorry, don't mean to brag, just happy)
I love to play BINGO. I go every week. Last night was Marathon BINGO, and it lasts about 4 hours. The room is FILLED with food, and everyone is eating all around me. So, I ordered the only thing on the menu that I could "officially" eat.... "a cheesburger, with no bun" I tell the waitress. So about 10 minutes later, the cheeseburger comes, and low and behold, it comes with an enormous order of fries. AHHH! So I eat my bunless burger, and without hesitation, pass the fries over to my very fit and thin friend. Yay ME!!!! Now, I know this is for me. Like I said before, I am never hungry. I love it. Did I metion that I love this plan? Hehe!
Nasus40- cool! We are exactly the same weight! How tall are you? I am 5'5". Not to tall, and a bit on the shorter side. How long have you been on the program? What was your starting weight? My starting weight (as of January this year) was 210. My starting weight for the program was 190 (August 15th). What is your goal weight? Maybe we'll get there together! Sorry for bombarding with all the ?'s. Just curious.
Talk to all of you later! If you any of you get tempted with No-no foods, just ask yourself what difference it will make tomorrow if you eat it, and what difference it will make tomorrow if you don't. Sayonara

Last edited by Kirei; 08-18-2001 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-19-2001, 05:09 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

Keiri way to go. youare such a LOOSER!!! great job. I am a bit shorter than you 5'2" my goal weight was 135 but I will have to adjuxt that as i have a lean body mass of 132 last time i checked, and higher since that was 3 weeks ago and before i started with the traienr. I think that my goal weight will have to be when i feel like it is right close to 145 i think. i need to go by body fat and how i look. i am 32% BF last time so I am not sure. doesn't it feel good when you pass the things you love away??? I did that today i ordered KFC extra crispy. the drum has 7 carbs and the thigh 14 i peeled the skin off and ate it anyway usually i will go back and eat the skin as that is the part i love but i did not have the taste for it. I LOVE LOW CARB!!!!

25 how are you doing this weekend???? cought up on the laundry??? setteling down??

PAT how are you doing????

I have to tell all yesterday i had 6 very small ears of the most delicious corn on the cob ever. I was sick all night from heartburn... what a lesson so guess what i will not be eating again???
Old 08-19-2001, 05:31 PM   #12  

Default Introduction

:::nudging Pat... I'm here, I'm here!!!:::::

Hi, my name is Karen, and I'm a Carbo-Addict.

At first, I wasn't sure.. but I've started the Carbo-Addict diet, and have found that this is the first diet (other than fasting) that I've been able to stick with for more than 4 days.

I've been on the program now for 7 - and it honestly feels like I could do this for the rest of my life.

I have felt a bit woozy from time to time in the afternoon - but it doesn't last long, and I've found that sipping some water helps. I've also found that if I keep my Reward Meal at the same time, I'm better off the next day.

My problem is, that although I feel more in control of myself... I've noticed very little (if any!) weightloss this week. Believe me, the feeling of control is WORTH it, but I'm wondering if others have experienced a "slow start".

We've got an old spring-loaded scale... so it's not the most accurate thing in the world. I've taken Pat's recommendations and have taken measurements... but darn it, I want the scale to budge.

So.... give me some affirmation here ladies!! Tell me it will come (I know it will... I just need to hear it from someone!!)

Karen
OP - 7 days!!!
Old 08-19-2001, 05:52 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

Casey A big welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!
I invited Casey over from teh 100# club. Nudging inviting same thing.
Spend some time looking at the other posts. There have been copuple of days that people have posted there menus. That has been big help. SOme people also use fitday onlione to keep tract of their intake. Drink tons of water at least 8-10 glasses. I lost 2-3 #'s the first week and had a couple of weeks w/ no loss. Then it picked back up . My plan is different. ANd you will see that thererare many different plans out there.

As you learn you may change or alter as you find out what works for you. There is so much help and knowledge here!!

Everyone is great.

SO far this weekend I am still OP however I could have been more active. Looking forward to teh discipline of teh workweek. Not the going back to the work.

25 welcome back you are awesome showing a loss after vacation

Sue you corn nibbler you!!! How was your sunday?

Kirei - I love teh culture that you share w/ us in your posts.

Everyone else

Pat
Old 08-19-2001, 06:32 PM   #14  

Default HELLO

Hello all and WELCOME BACKE 25

Glad to see everyone survived the weekend...today is hubbys birthday and yes, I nibbled on some cake and icecream YUK!!! It didnt even taste that great so I only had a bite or two hmmmm.. must be thats what eating LC does to ya after awhile...the things you think you are going to miss and want dont even taste good after awhile I LOVE THAT!!!!!

I am so proud of all of you ....you hung in there and you are still loosing....GREAT JOB...... EVEN after a vacation YIPPEE!!!!!!

Karen......WElCOME

You are all an inspiration and if I can ever get MY scale to move you will hear me holler with joy clear across the country hehehe

Have to run...talk at ya all later.......
Old 08-19-2001, 09:08 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

Karen welcome. we are really glad that you are here. I think i saw you over in 100's too. glad to see you here too. one thing is some people take time to get adjusted to the weight loss. I do recomend to drink atleast one and half of your weight in water. that will help wash out the waste products from your body. it is importandt. i have done cad and found it did not work as well as total low carb. you may want to get adjusted to the low carb woe and if you still do not lose weight then switch to atkins ot PP. I find that i did not do well for the reeward meal. first try fit day and see how you do, you may want to post your meals here so we can check themout too.

Pat you would have been so proud of me!!!! I had KFC extra crispy and peeled the skin off like i usually do to save it for later. well i did not want it!!!! not a smidgeon of a carb monster. I am doing great.

Terri great job I love it when you can say no!!! I have a special weeknes foor icecream and cake. I am so excited for you!!! I am sure that your scale will start to drop. I thik that it may be a good idea to post the diets too so we can see if something is not right. I found that nuts, cheese stall me. I also found that some times i was taking in too much fat i was eating about 18-2000 cals and did not realize it. are you taking in enough water? that also is important.

25 how are you doing???

kieri how about yoou????