Old 08-07-2001, 06:27 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday, August 7

Good Morning Everyone! Another hot day coming up. We got to 40C with the Humidex yesterday - I think that is high nineties in F. However, I am not complaining about the weather - much!

Did not do much yesterday about exercising - even a short walk to the Office was pretty bad. Hershey and I hung out with her lolling in her wading pool and me lolling on the chaise with a book and jug of water. Hope you all took it easy too.

Catch you lighter.
Old 08-07-2001, 06:55 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Good morning Ruth and all to come!

AdoAnnie I understand how you feel about your son and the heat. It is very scary to send them out and let someone else watch over them. My older son played football during his freshman year. I worried myself sick during summer practice. In 10th grade he switched over to JROTC, where they only threw rifles at each other I'm sure he will be fine, but that does not ease a Mom's worried heart.

Is everyone getting their kids ready for back to school? My nephew in Florida starts tomorrow. My daughter starts next Monday.

I'm back at low carb again, I've just been floundering for so long. I know all the benefits of low carb, not to mention what it does to my blood sugar. I have a mini goal of losing 20 pounds before our first away high school football game. My daughter is in the high school band. Friends of ours are the head chaperones for the band and have talked my husband and I into chaperoning every football game for the band, even away games. Away games require riding a school bus can you tell I'm looking forward to that? I need to make sure my hiney will fit in the seat

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Debbie
Old 08-07-2001, 07:55 AM   #3  

Good Morning and praying for rain!

Yesterday we did the rain dance and so far the signs are all there--gloomy grey skies, very humid and damp, now if only it would RAIN!!! My lawn is as crsipy as they come, can't water it becasue we have to conserve the ole water--sigh.....

I can start painting the wee one's bedroom today becasue I di all the sanding yesterday--gosh what a messy job! Can't wait to get some fishes and the like on the walls and have my little one snug back into her own bed!

Had a jealousy moment yesterday when I was talking to my friend. She's 6 weeks pregnant! Sigh...I only hope it's gonna happen for me soon! I have really been watching what I eat and have been increasing my water intake--I should have some positive effects, right? Did another mini weigh in--down another 2 pounds since last week puts a on my face!

Have a great OP day everyone and do the rain dance if you need to!
Old 08-07-2001, 08:35 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Rain Dance

Meet me in the meadow after dark tonight. I'll nail a goat's head onto the end of the barn and we'll dance naked to a chorus of coyotes. That should do it!

Seriously, my lawns are like Shredded Wheat and the farmers are feeding the cattle this year's hay as the pastureland is gone. Some of them are thinking of slaughtering some of their beef cattle now to get some money back. And here I am pining about my crispy perennials!
Old 08-07-2001, 09:05 AM   #5  

Default daily thread

Hi everyone. I hate to be a gloomy guss, but down here in Florida its been raining so much, I'd gladly send it your way. I wanted to say hi to everyone. I had a good day yesterday, my first on induction. Today when I weighted myself, I was down 2.5 lbs. I hope everyone else is having great sucess as well. Have a good on program day everyone.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:14 AM   #6  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!

Kathy - We're having our fair share of rain in Houston too. Last night we even had a mini tornado come through. A portion of our back fence was knocked down, there were basketball goals & trees snapped in half & uprooted in our subdivision, & our satellite dish got bent.

Deb - Ugly Bucket LOL!!

Linda - Sorry about your weight gain. The scale has not been kind to me either lately. I'm trying to convince myself to be patient, that it's my body's way of adjusting to adding a few carbs & that I'll whoosh soon. Hope you do too.

Pooky - Congratulations to your friend. I can understand that jealous feeling, but it will be your time (& mine) soon.

Hi Ruth & all to come.

Jennifer
Old 08-07-2001, 06:52 PM   #7  

Let's see if I can get this in!
Dh has the little guy at the doctors for a check up and should be back soon, not pretty especially if the little guy is due for shots!

I'll join in that naked night rain dancing, provided I am able to bring some sort of suspension for my upper anatomy! We sure could use the rain here too!

Jennifer, gosh You guys don't need anymore rain down there!!! Glad you had a nice visit with your family!!

AdoAnnie, we go to Plattville Wisconsin to see my MIL. We usually stay in Dubuque (I can never spell that right!) I also have a SIL who lives in Galeena Illinois! We may have to hustle ourselves out there pretty soon because they are talking about amputating MIL leg below the knee...diabetes, 85 years old...sharp as a tack! I keep telling dh we should go out there BEFORE the operation but he is doing the classic male avoidance manuever(sp)

Debkay! School here starts Sept. 7th...or the Wednesday after labor day...we start later than most school systems. But! they were painting some school signs and that brought a smile to my face!

hi KathyE!!!! way to go on those 2.5 pounds!!!! keep posting so we can get to know you!

Pooky, Jennifer is right...your time will come when it is right...small consolation but maybe there is a big plan out there for just the right kidlet for YOU!

Jenny...you ever get the results from your tests?

Hi spot! hi sooner!hi Janice! hi Linda hi Pat hi dottie HEY GIGGLES hi terrie and everyone else I can not seem to think of right now!

hugs and good stuff!
peach
Old 08-07-2001, 08:01 PM   #8  

Default Sabatorge from the home front.

Hi everyone. I've had a teriffic day, headaches almost gone. I planed a real nice dinner. Fresh ham, salad, and asparagus. My husband brought home dark bing cherries, the kind that are almost black. We had dinner, then he wanted his cherries. I washed the cherries and put them into two bowls. Put the tea on and put two reg tea bags into two cups. For a long moment I stared at the cherries, then at the tea. I thought do I really want to give up what I worked for for the past two days? Do I really want to start over, suffer with those headaches. I took in a deep breath, dumped one bowl of cherries back into the container and switched the tea bag for decaf. Do I feel good about my decision, Yes I do. I just wanted to share. Thanks for being here. Have a good evening everyone.
Old 08-07-2001, 08:07 PM   #9  
It's MY Life

Hello Everyone !! Late today, hope this is seen!!
I will write more tomorrow when I have fed my hungry brood!!!!

Debkay and all others, thanks so much for listening and patting my back in my football rantings!!! I don't think that I am going to be a very good "football mom"

PEACH!!!! I only live an hour and a half from Dubuque!!!!! We drive through there all of the time to go to my folks in WI!!!!My high school that I teach at has played Galena in football playoffs!! It would be a breeze to see you there!!!! I think Sooner is close too! Excited here!! Sorry little guy is getting shots today.

No NAKED dancing for me tonight, but if you are feeling generous feel free to send some of that rain our way!!

Take care everyone--hope you are doing okay Jenny, no shortness of breath!!!