Old 03-28-2005, 06:31 AM   #1  

Default LCFS Week of March 27th

Good morning,

Hope everyone had a good Easter Sunday. We didn't eat out at the restaurant we had planned on. DH wants to sell his truck and get a car, so we went to a couple of dealerships thinking that Sunday would be a good day to look at cars without a salesperson pouncing on us, and especially being Easter Sun. We went to a Honda dealership...they were working! A salesperson was waiting for us as we drove into the lot. We brought Lacee with us, so we ate at a hamburg place called Checkers.

Lynn, Nikki, the book I was reading is, "Entombed" by Linda Fairstein. She has written other books and I've read every one of them. I really like her writing.

Lynn, how did your DH's dinner turn out? Has he another hidden talent you didn't know about? I love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plumb series. They are a hoot! Have you read any other of her SP series? I've read everyone of them, I've even gotten my cousin hooked. The grandmother and her sidekick, Lula have me in stitches. Janet Evanovich has written another book, Metro Girl. It's not a Stephanie Plumb book, but it's written in the same manner. I read it and it was good.

Nikki, sorry about McDonald's not having your coffee anymore. I remember years ago, and I'm talking a lot of years, Mickey D's had gourmet coffee and you could purchase one of those platic, thermal, refillable travel mugs. DH & I each got one and used to drink their coffee all the time. But, for some reason they discontinued it and we were really disappointed.

Anne, hope you have a good work week.

Have a great day everyone.
Ali
Old 03-28-2005, 11:33 AM   #2  

Good Morning Ladies:
Thank you all for the lovely Easter Cards I sure did my share of feasting
over this weekend. Hopefully, I have all the carbo cravings out of my system
for alittle while

We had a "code blue" right in front of the cash office today. It was really
quite interesting to watch the series of events. There had to be 10
staff and all kinds of equipment on site in less than a minute (I am serious)
It made me feel pretty good to see how efficient the medical staff really is
in action.

It is a great day here and I am going to take advantage of that fact on my
lunch hour and walk off some of them bunnies

Hope you all have a great day.

By the way, My favorite John Wayne movie was True Grit. Fill your hands you
son of a
Anne.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:04 PM   #3  

Hi All Well already back from the GTA. We forgot it was Easter Monday and traffic was really lite. Ali, I have read everyone of the Stephenie Plumb series. Love the humor and character discriptions in them I will try and get Metro Girl at the library. Sunday was great!!!! DD and I sat at the kitchen bar area and "helped" him. Sometimes he was not too amused with us but we had fun. DD and I did the dishes. Yep he did a great job. In fact we discussed on the way home today that he is going to do some of the cooking and planning of some of the meals. I don't think he is being just helpful but I do think he is enjoying the cooking. It was a meal I wouldn't do, a butterball breast (me whole turkey) gravey from a package (my own) stove top stuffin (my own) and bought dessert, well you get it. I enjoyed it and DD and her BF enjoyed it so what do I know. The dogs had a great time together. It is wonderful weather here so the snow is melting so they were very dirty. I shut the bedroom doors and covered the livingroom stuff and didn't worry about it. Just watching them put a smile on everyone's face. We were able to go outside for a couple of drinks and we all felt that summer is almost here. Anne, glad your holiday was good. Were they able to revive the patient? Hi Nikki, hope you had a great weekend. Later
Old 03-28-2005, 04:01 PM   #4  

HI Everybody

We had a nice, quiet day yesterday. In fact, I ate leftovers and DH had a frozen pizza and we didn't care at all.

We are having extraordinarily nice weather here, it's 72 today. Yesterday was nice, so I planted some cool weather seeds. Today, I've been washing the cars by hand. It's almost impossible to get into the car wash on a day like this anyway.

Ali, did you find a car yet or are you still looking around? Car shopping is exhausting to me. Way too stressful for something that should be fun. I hope you find what you want and can get it at a good price.

Anne, that brought back memories for me. Man, I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore, talk about stress and the paper work was beyond belief.

Lynn, glad your back. Your Easter dinner sounds like it was a happy one and I'm glad. My DH will not make anything to eat. This morning, I know he wanted me to make him breakfast and kept saying things like, I need to find something to eat and boy, I'm hungry. The man can cook, he lived alone for 40 years, but he's spoiled now. I just ignored him. He can fill a cereal bowl. I'm not sure I would want him cooking though, I remember when we were dating and he invited me for a steak dinner. I came over and guess what it was? A steak and that was it. I just had to laugh about that. It was definately a low carb meal that night. He said his cooking was the stuff that keeps you alive. I have to agree with that.
Talk to you guys later, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 03-28-2005 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:52 AM   #5  

Good morning,

I lost another post!!!!!

Nikki, DH has been looking at cars on the internet and when he sees something he likes and he can get the color interior he wants, we go look at them. Right now he's interested in a Chevy Impala or a Honda something-or-other, can't remember the 3 letters that come after it. I told him that his car should seat 4 people comfortably. My car is kind of small, it fits 4 people, but not very comfortably. See, this way, when it's time to turn my car in, I can get my red or yellow convertible.

Lynn, it sounds like you had a good time watching the dogs and a wonderful day all around on Sun. That is so good you had a day like that. Glad that the dinner your DH cooked turned out great, and that he's going to start cooking more meals from now on.

Anne, that code blue must've been something to see. I hope the patient made out alright. I had to drive a friend of mine to the hospital for outpatient surgery one time. When we got out of the car a helicopter landed in the parking lot near the emergency entrance. They were air lifting a patient to another hospital. We saw the whole thing and it was interesting to watch.

Have a great day everyone.
Catch y'all later,
Ali
Old 03-30-2005, 07:46 AM   #6  

Good Morning Everyone:

The cold blue patient seemed to be ok. I seen the lady being wheeled by
my window and she appeared to be alert.

We are enjoying some fabulous weather here, and I am out walking about
each and every lunch hour. It is wonderful after all those months and
months of mall walking. We aren't quite as warm as you Nikki, but after
this winter....its excellent weather

is acting bizarre these last days. She told us she is turning over a
new leaf, whatever that means

Aleka, are you still doing Suzannes program? I am back on track after my
Easter endulgences

Lynn, how are you doing?

Anne.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:04 AM   #7  

Good morning All: Well we are off to the GTA again this morning but this is the last time for 10 days I don't know what we will do with our time The news just gets better, the neighbour's from **** are moving on Friday I phoned my friend and invited her over for a moving party, we will sit on the deck and salute every box that hits the truck. Wouldn't you know it would happen just when I won't be here for a month and than I will be at Rice Lake for the summer oh well there is next fall. We went to Barrie and did some shopping. I need some clothes, showing up for treatment 5x a week is like going back to work I didn't buy anything, shopping with DH is soooooo annoying I will shop when I get to DD's. Well should go and check my email's, we are meeting friends for lunch and leaving the dog here. She has sprained her hind leg again, so feel she is better here and not confined in the car. If we are late my friend will let here out. You all have a great day.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:29 AM   #8  

Morning Ladies

It was 77 degrees here yesterday. If the sun had been shining, it would have been down right hot. Today, we are expecting severe weather, possibly a tornado might roll by. Weird for this time of year.

Ali, a yellow convertible sounds like a happy car! We have a turquoise one with a white top. DH bought it before we were married. Now, it's pretty much my car. It looks like a girls car.

Anne, turning over a new leaf, that's bizarre. She sure is an odd ball. I feel sorry for her, but mostly, I feel sorry for you guys that have to work under her. She seems to be angry all the time and takes it out on everyone and anyone that she possibly can. To let a person like that have a little power is simply wrong. Has the hospital given you any date as to when you will find out about what will be happening? Will you be able to retire soon?

Lynn, today. I'm glad you will have 10 days to prepare for the next month and to rest.
The party sounds like a fun time bet your relieved they are moving finally. Those dogs are too unpredictable to let run around.
I can't shop with DH either. I've never even thought of shopping for clothes with him. That's why I do a lot of shopping on line. It's less stressful. It's been years since I went to the mall and shopped for clothes, probably since I entered the larger sized clothing. I could never find any 1x or bigger at the mall and when I was my largest, I was a 4x. I suppose they have shops full of large clothes now, since everyone has gotten bigger.
I better go get busy and exercise, have a safe and good day you guys, Nikki
Old 03-30-2005, 12:56 PM   #9  

Good afternoon,

This morning I joined WW, yet again. I couldn't do it on my own, I need to face that scale every week.

Nikki, I figured yellow down here because it's a bright color and other drivers can see you coming. They tend to run red lights all the time. You really have to keep on your toes when you've got a green light. If you're stopping for a red light, you have to look to make sure the guy behind you is going to stop too. Sometimes they plow right into you. Some people drive like maniacs down here.

Lynn, how did things go for you today? That's great you've got 10 days of R & R Enjoy them to the fullest! That's fantastic your neighbors are moving. It will be such a relief for you when they and their dogs are gone. When you know they'll be moving, have a celebration at the lake.

Anne, glad the patient is doing well. That is interesting about turning over a new leaf. You don't suppose something was said to her. Hopefully this new leaf will be a kinder, gentler I've tried numerous times to SSize, but I just can't stay OP. I love the food, but it's the food combining that gets to me. I like having a carb with my protein & veggies, and fruit on my cereal. I can't eat eggs anymore at breakfast, they make me feel . You really are doing great with SSizing, and it you were able to slide right back into it.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Ali

Old 03-31-2005, 11:29 AM   #10  

Good morning All: You know the old story "if it's to good to be true it is"? Well I now have to go to GTA in 6 days to stay with step-father as he is having cateract surgery. My drain will come out the morning I leave. The Dr. said if it is still draining so be it, apparently you run into more problems by leaving the drain in to long. I'm to expect swelling and it will eventually drain on its own. My mother was attacked in the nursing home last night. Step-father has a bad cold so sent DD in to see her. Another dementia patient thought she was in his bed so hit her and pulled her out onto the floor. Apparently her back is bad. DB will go today and find out what, if any measures they are going to put in place to protect her. She is 93 and 110 lbs. if that. It is very stormy here today, thunderstorms etc. so have been turning the computer off as the storms move though. I just dread having to stay with step-father,to the point I am feeling weepy today, but you got to do what you have to do. Later
Old 03-31-2005, 12:20 PM   #11  

HI everyone,
Lynn, I'm almost at a loss for words here. I feel so bad for you. Are you going to be able to have your treatments and care for your stepfather too? Are there any programs, like home health care agencies, that could come into his home and care for him while he's recouperating?

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. If nothing else, the home where your mom is at should move either her or the old man that attacked her to a different area. It should be him, since he's the problem.

All I can say is, hang in there woman. Eventually, things will return to normal and you will be sitting on your deck at Lake Rice, sipping a cool one and breathing a sigh of relief. I'm thinking of ya

Hi Ali and Anne, talk to you all later, Nikki

Old 03-31-2005, 01:03 PM   #12  

Hello everyone,

Lynn, how awful you have to stay with your stepfather while he's getting better. Like Nikki asked, couldn't you find a home health care agency come in to look after him while he's recouperating? You've got a lot going on at the moment and you should be looking after yourself.

I am so sorry about what happened to your mom. I hope they can do something to protect her. It never rains, but it pours. eh? Things will will look brighter before too long.

I'm definitely thinking about you!

I had an interesting conversation with my nextdoor neighbor yesterday. He was telling me that he saw, what he thought, was a FL Panther crossing our street. On one side of our house, it's all scrub. Well, the Panther came out of the scrub next to our house, crossed the street, went behind our mailbox, and into the scrub brush across from both our houses. He also said that his wife had just come in from getting the mail when he saw it. DH & I were watching TV, but didn't see a thing. He mentioned it to me because her nibs was out while we were talking and she ran around to the backyard and was by herself. We do have a chainlink fence that surrounds the property, but I'm sure whatever it was could easily jump over it.

Hi Nikki, Anne!

Have a good day, ladies
Ali

Old 04-01-2005, 08:56 AM   #13  

Hi All The rental truck arrived for next door early yesterday afternoon, than people started to arrive we assumed to help load truck. Foolish us it was an excuse for a party. The back of the truck has not even been opened. The owner of the property has been by 3x's to check process. I phoned my friends and said arrive early the police could be here today if they don't get it together. I was talking to the neighbour across the street when I walked the dog at 6:30 and he is afraid it is their idea of a April Fool's joke!!!!!!! I'm not amused. Mom is doing ok, she remembers nothing. I guess that is the good thing about dementia. If fact when DB was there yesterday she had no idea who he was and was angry with her parents for putting her in this awful boarding school!!! I almost fell over I laughed so hard It you don't laugh you cry. I am only going to be with SD from Wednesday till Saturday. DD phoned DB and told him that he and her should take turns on weekend that as far as she was concerned I shouldn't be involved at all. Unfortunately everyone else works until Sat. On Sat DS will drive me up here as he is alone for the weekend and will help his father do a few things. D-in-L and her university friends have a girls weekend every few months in one of their homes and this weekend is in New York city, lucky girl. Step father doesn't need anyone with him. They are only doing one eye, he is just feeling needy. I had 3 calls yesterday with him crying about one stupid thing or another, it is just easier to deal with the situation than put up with the calls. He is in 2 card clubs like he couldn't ask somebody to drive him and pick him up??????? oh well that's that. Well on with my day. Will be back later.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:13 AM   #14  

Talking Happy April Fools Day!!!

Good Morning,

I have a hair appt. later this morning. I had to find someone new. The other girl was just too expensive and it was a fairly good driving distance to get there. This place is about 10 min. away, in the strip mall where I do grocery shopping. I'm not having much done, just a trim.

Lynn, glad that your Mom doesn't remember being attacked. Sometimes it's better to laugh at what they say. That's good that others are stepping in to take care of your stepfather and you only have to be with him for 1 day. You have a very bright DD, she sounds like she's got a level head on her shoulders, and I'm sure your very proud of her.

Hi Anne & Nikki,

Enjoy your day.
Ali

Old 04-01-2005, 10:44 AM   #15  

Good Morning,
Ali, I like your flamingos, very Floridian People put them out here too (I never quite understood that), but they also put out ornaments of pigs, cows and deer. Bet you don't see many of those in Florida
Good luck with the beautician, hair cuts always make me nervous. I just realized, I haven't had my hair cut in over a year, man, it's about time.

Lynn, I'm glad you don't have to devote too much time to SD. Sounds like you will have an interesting day with the neighbors. Hope they are really going to move out.
My mom had Alzehiemers and I remember when her and dad were watching tv once. Wheel of Fortune came on and she wanted dad to get that woman out of her house. Dad said, 'Mary, that's Vanna White.'Mom said,' I don't give a damn who she is, I don't want her in here. ' It was so funny, I still smile over that one. Dad didn't find it too funny though, since that was the end of his watching Wheel of Fortune.

Well, it's kind of a cool day, but sunny and I can't complain a bit about this weather. I have a whole chicken in the crockpot today. I'm trying out a recipe where you ball up aluminum foil and put it in the bottom of the crock, then season a whole chicken and put it on top of the foil. Cook on high for 4-6 hours. I will let you know how it turns out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Hi Anne, hope your well and that things aren't too impossible at work. Are you getting off early on Friday?

Later, Nikki