LCFS week of Feb. 20th - 27th

• Hello everyone,

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. Yesterday was simply lovely here. It got to 82 deg. in the afternoon.

Lynn, WELCOME BACK!!!! I really missed you. You sounded disappointed with your weight loss. How much did you expect to lose? 15 lbs. is awesome and the inches lost is just fabulous. One time I was disappointed about only lose 1 1/2 lbs. in one week until the Dr. showed me what 1 lb. of fat looks like. Congratulations on your new car. I love the smell of a new car. That's wonderful news about your DS and DIL buying a new house. I'm sure their old house will sell in no time. Will they be staying in the general vicinity where they are now?

Anne, I got a newsletter from SS website. She's going to be on HSN in a few days and she's selling frozen meals this visit. I am going to have to watch when she's on. I'm sure the S & H will be very expensive.

Rae, how did your low carbing go last week?

Hi Nikki!

Have a great Sunday everyone.
    Ali
  • Good Morning All: Just a short note before we leave. Well DS sold his house, it ended up being a bidding war and they got more than asking and more than what they paid for their new house. Lucky or what, we are in shock. He phoned to thank us for the painting we did last fall. and hinted that we are needed to paint this house. They are bridge financing for a couple of weeks to put new carpeting ceramics and hard wood floors and of coarse paint. Only those 2 would end up with a much bigger house and enough money to make the improvements they wanted. This house ( the one just sold ) is only 2 years old and new house is 15 but in the same subdivision ( Anne, Erin Mills) DD isn't very happy it is right across the street from her boyfriend's parents.She will have to pop in and say hi everytime she visits her brother. I think it's funny. I know I shouldn't be dissappointed in my weight loss but I worked so damn hard. never broke the diet and exercising. I'm convinced it's the HRT's but I can't go without them and remain sane. We are to get a storm later today than freezing rain in the am on Monday so we ae leaving in a hour or so. My mom"s nursing home has a virus outbreak. I hope there is enough to look after the patients properly. WELL that is it for now. Later
  • Good afternoon,
    Lynn, have a safe trip. I'm really happy for your DS and DIL, what a sweet deal for them More painting for you though, it sounds like. Hopefully, your back won't give you fits this time. Try not to over do it and take lots of rest breaks if you do have to paint it.

I've gained more weight. This month has been the pits for me. I seem to have lost some of my resolve or something. Anyway, looking at my journal, I'm just not eating very well most of the time and then the exercise is hit or miss. I guess there is no way around it, I've got to buckle down and get more committed. I think when that new Walkblaster comes, I will feel a little more energized about the exercise. Not that I'm not doing it now, but I've cut back to only 3 or 4 times a week. Not that I want to, I think I'm just bored.

Anne, how are you doing? Did you have a good weekend? Our weather is pretty seasonal right now, but today, I saw that the tulips by the house have now broken through the ground. To me, that is the first sign of spring.

Hi back at you Ali

Talk to you all later, Nikki
  • Good afternoon or early evening,

It has been such a beautiful day here today. The sun is very warm, but there was a cool breeze which was a nice contrast. Lacee & I actually sat out in the sun for a bit. I'm trying to get a little more color.

Lynn, that's fantastic news about your DS & DIL selling their house. Boy, what luck. I am so happy for them. So, you're going to have another fun time painting. Have a safe trip.

nikki, sorry about your weight gain. Sometimes that does happen, so it's good you can check your journal to see what you've been eating. I've also gained 1 lb. All of a sudden I'm getting so hungry all the time, for quite a few weeks I never felt hungry at all between meals, now by suppertime I'm ravenous. I wish I knew what was going on.

Anne, how was your first day back at work for the week? Hope things won't be as crazy as they were last week.

Have a great evening everyone.
    Ali
  • hi
  • Good morning All: Well it is good to be back. It is bright and sunny today. I am off to the libarary later. I was told to take the rest of the week off from exercising so will take advantage of that!!!! Have I told you about the dog and leaving home. She is so insecure that I have to get DH to take her out while I pack. If she sees me pack she starts shaking, and the whole time we are away she won't eat. Even when we are at DD's with her pup. We come into town the same way and she know's by the turns I guess but get's very excited and happy. I don't know what it is I guess she is secure here. The dippy neighbour had her dogs out again last night at 4 am. I called the bi-law officer I have had it with them. I should have done it last Sept. I love my new computer and even love the mouse. It is a little red button between the G,H &B, you scrole with the tip of a finger with your thumb on the left or right clicker located below the space bar with your wrist resting on the lap top below the clickers. Your hand is in a relaxed state and feels good. Went out for dinner once and lunch once when I was in the GTA. I remember someone asking Anne about Swiss Chalet and can't remember if she answered, Anyway it is a chicken restaurant. It has been around since I was very young. It is my favorite restaurant. I love their sauce they serve with the chicken. My kids give me a gift certificate to it every occasion. They think it is funny of all the great restaurants in th GTA I love Swiss Chalet. They also used to get take out from there when I was pi--ed at them So anyway DD took us to dinner there on Monday night and DH took me out yesterday. I had a club sanwich on brown as a treat, I miss bread so much. Anne have you found a low carb bread up here that isn't to bad. I don't like the texture of the low carb bread's I have tried. I have been using Hollywood dark which is only a couple of carbs more than low carb but as you know the bread is so small. Well I had better get my day going. Later When I went to post I couldn't so copied and just pasted it. The hi was to see if I could post now.
  • Good morning,
    Lynn, your dog reminds me of Stripe. When I go to the store, Stripe goes crazy. DH is usually asleep, but Stripe wakes him and he has to open the bedroom door and let Stripe come in and cuddle with him, until I come home.
    If he's awake, he says that Stripe runs through the house, going from window to window, looking for me and crying. I guess he has some seperation anxiety issues
    That is funny that she acts like that though, since she's going with you. If you had to leave her at a kennel, I could understand. Animals are hard to figure out sometimes.
    What kind of computer do you have? Is it a Dell? Sounds really neat.
  • Hi All: I guess not getting Mya until she was one and a half we don't know what she has been though. For example she is afraid to get on the car seats. If there is stuff on the floor and we have the door open for her to get in she starts to shake. She sits on the car floor. We have a blanket there for her as there is no way she will get on the seat even when I am in the back with her. I so happy Chystal got a car. That will make it easier for you also. My computer is a IBM think pad. I love it, am having a ball finding out how to do things. Have never being able to get the picture of Coco I wanted for my wallpaper. DH is out running around looking for cheaper car insurance. He was sitting at my shoulder having me do quotes on line. I tried to tell him that it wouldn't work as our mailing address is the GTA but we live and drive country, finally it sunk in and off he went. Everyone needs a hobby We are in the deep freeze up here right now. Today was shopping day and as usual bought too much. I have a thing for meat I feel I will never run out of food as long as I have meat. DH was doing a slow burn as he re packaged stuff so it would fit in the freezer. God I hope there is no meat sales next week or he will shoot me.Well off I go to play. Later
  • Good afternoon

DH & I got just got back a little while ago from running errands. We probably would've been back 2 hrs. ago, but on our way to Sarasota we had stop and go traffic for many miles, but it was more stop than go. We thought there may have been an accident ahead of us, but didn't see a gosh darn thing except for a police car on the shoulder. We figured he would slow down traffic rather than stop it. So, we have no idea what was going on.

Lynn, I got a good chuckle out of your meat story. Poor Mya, it's funny about animals and their quirks. Lacee loves to ride, but she will not look out the window. I remember when we got her from the breeder, they had taken her to the Vet to get her first shots, and he was telling us she would bury her little head in his arm. We have a little bed we put in the back seat and strap her in. She knows whenever she starts shaking that she gets to sit with Mommy in the front seat, and the shaking is getting more frequent. I'm usually sitting on my hip with my rump half way up the door, with her taking up the rest of the front seat, but as long as she's comfortable that's all that matters.

Anne, how are things going with you so far this week? Tomorrow is Friday!

Nikki, that's a nice what Stripes does when you're away from home. It makes you feel good that at least someone misses you.

Hope you all have a great night.
    Ali
  • Good morning,
    It's shopping day for me today. I don't have a thing about meat necessarily, but I do have a thing about sales. If I see something that is on sale (if it's a good price), I'll buy 10 or 20 of them. Last summer, there was a sale on bratwurst and I bought 10 lbs. WELL, how many times can you really eat brats in a month? I like them, but after eating them, you don't really want them again for at least a month. I still have enough brats in the freezer to last us through the summer probably. I make them in the slow cooker and they are tender, delicious and what I like the best, ready to eat whenever you want one. Our local store will only make them in the summer. They are a lot better than national brands.

I'm back on track with my eating and exercise. I think that with Crystal driving on her own now, I'm going to have a lot of time to do more of what I want and I won't be as tired, since I can now get more than 4 hours of sleep a night. That is, if Stripe will let me. We will also be able to go somewhere on our vacations. It will be so much different for us both.

Lynn, I had to do some insurance shopping myself yesterday. What a difference in places. I thought Progressive was going to be the cheapest, they are always bragging on their commercials about comparing their rates to others, and they turned out to be more expensive than some.

OK, I need to go get my exercise in. Talk to you all later, Nikki
  • Good Morning Ladies: It is so cold this morning -24. The dog not being a fool only went to the end of the driveway before she went and turned around and wanted to come back in. Unfortually 20 minutes later she wanted out again. I have a thing for sales also. Never can turn down a deal. DH now comes on most of my shopping trips to help me turn them down My diet is going ok, but with no exercising allowed this week it will be interesting to see how much or how little I have lost. I will be glad to get back into my Curves routine next week. We now have a black lab running around loose during the night. Loose dogs are really screwing up my nights. The last 2 nights I have slept very little because of dogs. Today is housework day!!!! I have done nothing all week. If I don't get my act together I will have to join that club, The Flylady to get me going. Well be back later. Anybody want to talk tonight or tomorrow. Email me.
  • Hello Ladies!!!!
    I have just printed this thread and I will catch up with you all over the
    weekend.
    I have been swamped with work By the time I get home I am ready
    to collapse. Too much.
    Talk to you all later.
    Anne.
  • Good morning,
    Anne, you must be really under a lot of pressure and stressed out. I hope you have a relaxing weekend. At least, not as stressful and you can get some down time.

Lynn, it sounds so cold up there :sman: Yesterday it was in the mid 50's here. I saw my first robin. Today it's suppose to be in the upper 40's or maybe 50's. Then, it's suppose to drop back into the 30's for the week. I bet you'd not complain at all if it got up to 30's. I don't know if I've even felt -26 temps (except for wind chill).

Ali, hope all is well with you.

Crystal has been driving all over the place. She is really enjoying having a car and being able to come and go as she pleases. It is so nice for me too.

• A Good Sat. Morning to you all

My in-laws visited us yesterday morning. My MIL had on the exact same blouse in the exact same color I had bought a week or so ago when my girlfriend was visiting. That's all I needed to know, my MIL & I have the same taste in clothes.

Anne, sorry you had such a stressful week at work. Has it got anything to do with the new people taking over the hospital? Hopefully you can relax and take it easy this weekend.

Lynn, BRRRRR!!! It sounds really cold where you live. I don't miss it at all. That's awful about the dogs keeping you awake at night. Does Mya bark at them at all?

Nikki, I used to be so happy when our first Robins appeared. We've had them here all winter. DH & I were talking with our next door neighbor and he told us that a few weeks ago he saw a Bob Cat running along the fence in his back yard. We hadn't seen it. Hope you're enjoying your mild temps.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
    Catch you all later,
    Ali

• Goodmorning Ladies: I will start a new thread