Weekly chick chat

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Hi!

Home for a few minutes before I have to go get boys from practice (and see my favorite baseball dad!)

L - So sorry you had that emergency with you boys last week. How scary! Glad to hear they are both doing better. Boy, would I love to get that lazer Hair removal -

Dottie - I doing the count down with ya! Yeah! You get your house back!

Hi, Ruth - hope you guys are melted down a bit up there. I wish you warmer weather and plenty of wood right on the porch!

Well, my Sunday date was very nice (actually, it was MAGICAL but you all done want to hear me swoon) and we will probably do another date this week sometime. He is a very nice man and it taking things very slow. I tell ya, having a new man in your life sure does kick start the motivation for weight loss (among other things *wink*), I have lost 4 lbs. in the last week & 1/2 without even trying. Seems I'm just keyed up and/or nervous all the time and can't eat much (so nice not to be doing the 'I'm bored' eating).

Big fluffy clouds with brillant sunshine here today - a bit nippy but the looks of it make up for that.

Have a great day all! (I know I am! lol)

Kel
  • Aww Kel,
    Swooning with you with a big smile on my face...
    BBL time to get the kids ready and I have to call the Pediatrition this morning....

PS Dotti 4 more nights to go!!!!
    -L
  • swooning with you, Kel! Yum. boys can be nice sometimes, can't they? tell more!

yes, counting down...DH, who has been a rock thru this, is falling apart in this last week with MIL...it's like he's been holding it in for 6 months, and now he just can't take her anymore, he is constantly annoyed with her and doesn't want to spend any time with her. Last night he made me promise we wouldn't delay the drive for weather- He can't go another week! So blizzards or hurricanes, we're doing the drive on Saturday! LOL, he is too funny.

L, is the laser permanent? A friend of mine said go do electrolysis it's worth it and more permanent. did you consider electr.? I really want to do this, too. (under the chin getting white bristles, isn't that wierd?) Wish we could see the auction stuff, I know your work really hard on it.

things are Ok here-I didn't plan food well for yesterday, so finished up the day with snickers! BAD

so, today:
    b-yogurt, 1/2 bagel
    l-beef barley soup
    s-triscuits with cottage cheese
    d-very small bowl of chili
    no desert or maybe an apple.

not too low carb, but it's now I've been eating lately.

have a good one,
    dottie
  • Dotti,
    lase is premenent and more so than electrolosis. 5 treatments should do it. BUT you may not be canidate. The hair has to be dark in order for the laser to be attracted to it. I wouls compare the 2. Usually the plastic surgeon offices are the best place to source out the laser.

I am doing it because I have some skin problems and my surgeon recomended it. Unfortunately it is gastly expencive. 3 treatments down and I can say for sure it is working

Busy day today, tomorrow too and another snow storm brewing....
  • Hi girls just checking in and catching up!
  • Hi sue, hi L,

thanks for the laser info...I have heard that it is super expensive- I was thinking of doing it as my treat for taking care of MIL for the last 6 months. I will have to check it out.

Yesterday was awful. Started out with dentist appt to finish up a root canal-he did a check up and exrays and found another cavaity that needs attention, so I have about 4 more visits in the next couple months. Ate an Egg McMuffin afterwards. Home to work on our taxes...Ate Dunkin Donuts afterwards. Then to get my haircut and manicure...I was so upset with the haircut that I left without the manicure! But made time for a TACO SALAD! This was supposed to be a nice pleasant day off...then waited for the furnace guy who stayed almost 2 hours cleaning the furnace. I shouldn't complain, it needed service, but i was due to meet DS for dinner and was late...but made up for it by DRINKING A MARTINI AND EATING PASTA AND CHEESECAKE! I feel so crappy today I could cry. I even made vegetable soup while I was home in the afternoon, but didn't eat any.

Well, there is vegetable soup for lunch today. And an apple, and some cottage cheese. I will drink water and just hide my ugly head in my office until my hair grows in. when you are fat, you can't afford a bad haircut. And the stylist didn't get it; it's very stylish and kind of feather-y around my chin, but there are bangs in my eyes and I hate it!

there. just little miseries. nothing life or death.
    but I still feel cranky today...better fill up my coffee cup and get moving! the eating can be improved today. the hair I have to live with for a while. the dentist must be faced. can I run away?

hope your day is better!~
    dottie
  • Awww, giving you a big hug, Dottie. Try not to focus on the icky stuff - try to focus on the fact that you are going to be able to be ALONE in your own home very, very soon! Yah!

The mother of one of my bestest friends growing up (lived accross the street - have known her since we were 3) passed away and the funeral is today. She was 84. Karyn sounded on the phone last night like she was dealing as well as can be expected. It will be nice to see some old friends at the service today. They are having an after reception but timewise I don't know if I can attend. I will need to be at the ball field to pick up the boys are 5-5:30.

Then later this evening, my new 'friend' is going to take me for coffee and a nice walk in the park. Can't wait. We are trying to do things, find venues, where we are free to just talk, talk, talk. It is really fun getting to know someone special.

Gotta run - can't just throw on jeans and put the hair up in a ponytail (we have a 'casual dress' office) today since I will be leaving for the funeral from work early afternoon, so I need to primp a bit more this a.m.

Kel
  • Saturday already and kids are off to karate, some work today and an overhall of the upstairs. I seem to prefer the winter cleaning to spring cleaning....

Dotti I am thinking about you this wonderful Sat am,
    Kel, how was your "talking" date?
    Ruthie, where the heck are you?
    -L
  • thanks, L- everything went fine and she is home and and we are home and everybody's happy! DH and I were sort of dancing around but felt it is mean to be SOO happy to have someone gone! so we are trying not to be mean. BUT. I AM THRILLED> I am reorganzing things a bit back to normal and planning a nice dinner for DH and I for tonight. happy happy happy. and I'm going to spend the whole day on the computer.

I have some cleaning to do also, and a quick run to the grocery store. I have a load of wash in, and did 2 last night, so I'm mostly done. Just going to stay home and enjoy the silence of my empty rooms!

Hey Kel, tell us more about him! I think we have to screen him and see if he's good enough for you- Is it going well? Is he cute? All the talking is a good sign I think! Hope you're having fun.

yeah, where is Ruth? and a few others, I might add!

have a good Sunday,
    dottie

edit-didn't loose, didn't gain this week, but I'm Ok with that as we had chinese food Friday night for MIL last night, and I got cake and pastry for desert, invited DS and family for a good-bye.
    Today is back to normal-
    b-eggs
    l-vegetable soup
    s-baked chips and salsa
    d-salmon and asparagus and 1/2 baked potato
  • You guilted me to get in here, Dottie. I have been reading but just don't have time to post. That darn South ***** Forum is really hopping.

All is well. I'm anxiously waiting Spring but appreciating the longer daylight. Working to get the frassing knee back in shape. Dogs are fine and Hersh is all recovered from her operation. Harry is about the same but showing a few signs of life - like bringing in some wood and shovelling off the deck! Ran out of firewood but had some delivered yesterday and a crew will be here after Church to stack it. I love my friends and neighbours!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all.
  • Morning all!

I'm not sure if anyone posts on Sundays but this is my last day off of work till Wednesday, so I thought I'd pop in and say hello

This week went really well for me, even though I didn't start my exercise regiment till mid-week. I have a four-day circuit training program that the owner of my local gym made up for me, and because of a certain 'aunt' that came to visit last Sunday, I just didn't feel up to starting it till She left

That being said, my 'warm ups' have developed into a full half hour workout even before I do my circuit training, and I'm rather dismayed to find that it's getting easier... so I have to change it up a little... so while I am somewhat dismayed, I'm also very happy that I can run 2.25 miles on the Precor without feeling like I'm going to fall on my face upon disembarking said elliptical machine! LOL!

Eating is getting easier too... I haven't really had a real 'sweet' (my known downfall) all week... a mouthful of chocolate pound cake that my daughter left on her plate last night, and that's about it! I've taken to making a menu for the two week period in between paycheques, so making dinner every night just got easier. Tonight it's homemade meatloaf, steamed broccoli and cheddar mashed potatoes (which I LOVE but won't eat tonight cuz I'm just not in the mood).

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

Rae )O(
  • Welcome, Rae, glad to have you join us. You are doing great with your eating, exercise and GUNG-HO attitude. Keep up the good work! Tell us a bit about yourself - we are all about 'life support' here, not just diet support.

Ruthie - Got a giggle about the 'South *****' comment! I've heard your make reference to the cattiness over there before - I'm sorry they make you have to actually moderate. That is wonderful news that Harry is showing a few signs of life - I know how much you miss him. You are a good friend/neighbor/community member so that is why people help you out. Karma! Give the girls a hug.

Dottie! 'Welcome home'! lol I can tell how much you are relieved to have your house back. But I want you to know that you are my hero - that was a very loving, selfless thing you did taking her into your home and caring for her when she needed you. You are 'good people'!

Hey, L - how is your winter cleaning going? I agree it makes more sense to do the major overhauls in winter - once that warm spring weather comes along, who wants to be stuck inside?

My talking/walking date the other evening was very nice. We are really getting to know each other. We do talk everyday at the ball field but there are a few other parents around and we are attempting to keep the blooming relationship lowkey so as not to embarrass our sons. (no one has said anything, at least not to me, but I'm sure these other parents know 'something' is up) So far the only snafu going into this is that he has 3 teenage sons that he has at his house every other week, his mother and disabled sister are moving in with him for a couple weeks before he relocates them to Washington, and I have the boys home with me all the time too - so we are really challanged trying to carve out some time for just us. We make due with the ballfield visits and frequent phone calls back and forth. I'm thinking that the 1 hour park walk date will be a common thing - which is fine with me. I don't want my boys to feel like I'm gone all the time either. John and I both agree that even tho our children come first, we do deserve some fun and time for us.

Well, I'm going to work on tax info gathering today - ick (it's like the 'Shoemaker's children go barefoot'. I hate to take care of my own stuff! lol)

Have a wonderful Sunday all -

Kel
  • Happy Sunday, DH took the kids and the house is just me ant d th girls for a little bit. I am getting new carpet upstairs, it is 20 years old and just isn't working any more. The quest room which was the baby room eons ago is getting new carpet too. They will move the furniture but not the stuff so winter cleaning is almost done.

My SIL (friend from college) married to DH brother called to say they are getting the big "D". As much as I don't like him i know that she has nagged him into every big thing in life, house, kids, cars, bigger house and it has finally crumbled. They have to put the new house on the market and she is going to look for a smaller house. I am not sure she can really aford it. Life is going to be very lean for a while. We will have to see how it all plays out. We have offered to take the kids if they need it but we can't choose a side other than the kids. I have to say that once they get through the next year, I know that this is the best thing for them.

Ruthie, good to see you
    Dotti, a little celebration is a good thing. it means you did a good job.
    kel, i hope this works out for you,
    Rae, HELLO!
    -Off for a little quiet time, I have to go through last years auction for my school in Deerfield and see what I can put together for a live auction and what they expect to get again this year and what I can package. i must say I am loving auction work and the company that I bought software from, offered me a job this week!

-L
  • tuesday monring-
    L, it sounds like all is well in the auction world! how is the new carpet?

Kel, all the talking is neat- i'd be nervous "going public" in a school/local setting where your kids and his and everyone elso sees- and keeping low-keyed will give you more privacy with Iyour feelings. DH and I met at work, and kept our dating secret for months; I was glad cause I always felt if it didn't turn out, I wouldn't have a million people watching! We have always kept our relationship out of work- we don't drive together, or see each other in the course of the day(we DO talk on the phone though!) Hope you are having fun with the getting to know you and I like you stage...

Rae, you are doing great and I love the 2 week menu idea. I don't do exact menu's, but I do keep track of what's in the freezer and I plan something nice for saturdays and sundays. Your exercise sounds like it's going great too (an area I am not good with)

Nice to see you Ruth- does the dr have you doing exercises for the knee? What a pain- you are too active to need this problem! hope you're staying warm, and glad Harry can help out- it's probably good for him to "tote and carry" as well-for the exercise and to be participating! ( my DS uses this word when she is yelling at her DH for not helping out with the house or chores- "you have to participate!") Nice euphemism for "get your as# in gear!

that's it for me...enjoying my solitude, enjoying dinner alone with DH, getting the house back to normal...

have a good one,
    dottie

b-yogurt and an orange
    l-vegetable soup and cheese and triscuits
    d-meatloaf maybe with a veg... I have some coleslaw leftover
    snack-olives and cheese
  • I am here alive and well sort of. I am tired and heading to bed but things are looking up. OP and exercise I just need to do the water thing