3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Low Carb Archive

LCFS Week of Jan. 16, 2005

Old 01-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #31

HI again,
Anne, we haven't chatted on line for about a week now. What we found out about the voice part is, there is a delay and it's hard to have a converstation, besides, Lynn doesn't have speakers, so she can't hear us.
I'm usually on line around 630pm your time some times all evening. If you see that I'm on line, just send me a note and we can chat. Anyone else want to chat tonight?

Mark this on your calendars ladies, my DH washed the dishes this morning! I was shocked, I hadn't even said anything about helping me around the house.

Lynn, I have so much gray hair, I can't believe it. I have bleached my hair since I was 16, so I don't care. I'm just glad I have hair at all at this point.

Talk to you guys later, Nikki
Old 01-22-2005, 07:20 AM   #32

A Good Saturday Morning,

Did you chat last night? I wasn't able to get on the computer at all yesterday afternoon. Lacee had a Vet appt. mid afternoon for her yearly shots and Heartworm test. It seemed we were there for hours. It was rather late by the time we got home and I wasn't able to get to the computer until this morning. I also got a rude awakening this morning. Lacee was sick, I'm sure it was from all the shots she got. The poor little thing. She has to go back next week to have her teeth cleaned.

I did do my workout yesterday because I wanted to do at least 5 days. I decided to take the weekend off, even though I'm supposed to walk 6 days. Monday I start walking 2 miles with weights. Speaking of which, Amazon e mailed me that my book has been shipped.

Lynn, it's funny you should mention what your D said about losing weight and looking older. A friend of mine, we're the same age, was just telling me that she recently saw a family member who she hadn't seen in a very long time. The family member had lost quite a bit of weight, she had dieted down to a size 4. My friend told me that she couldn't believe how old and wrinkled this person was, and looked 20 yrs. older than she herself did, even though that person was only 2 yrs. older. I haven't gone gray yet either. I've got a few gray hairs in the front, but that's about it. My natural color is an ashy blonde, which I don't like, so I usually get highlights every 5 months or so.

Anne, thank you for explaining what you do with an IPOD. Are you getting that snow storm today? Our weather is supposed to go downhill either today or tomorrow.

Nikki, did you do a happy dance when your DH washed the dishes? I'm just thinking of health too. I just want to get at a natural weight my body is comfortable with and a weight that is easy to maintain. If I don't reach my goal, then so be it. I've been lurking on some non-dieting sites, and they all say, just listen to your body because it usually will let you know what it wants.

Have a good day everyone.
Ali
Old 01-22-2005, 08:50 AM   #33

Good Morning,
Ali lost 5 lbs, Ali lost 5 lbs Good for you Aleka! That's great!

I really do think that if you lose weight too quickly, like on the Biggest Loser where people are losing incredible amounts a week, or people that have WLS and lose 100 lbs in 6 months to a year, are the people that are dealing with really bad excessive skin. I'm hoping losing 2-3 lbs a week isn't too much and this week, I've just maintained the same weight. I use to get discouraged when that happened, but now, I look at it as a period where my body can catch up and get use to the new size. On the other hand, I really think I'm going to have to consider being happy at a higher weight. Being a size 4, but looking like a puddle of wrinkles isn't my goal either. I never could be a size 4 anyway. When I was 130 lbs, about 15 years ago, I was a size 8/10 and I looked too thin. I'm thinking a size 14/16 would be the best for me at my age.

Aleka, I found the Madacascar Vanilla Red tea yesterday. That was the kind you were talking about wasn't it? I am drinking it right now. It's really good. Not too much vanilla and an interesting flavor.

Anne and I were able to chat last night. I didn't get on line until a little later. DH came home right when I should have gotten on line and so I had to make supper and get that out of the way. I was glad he got home, we had that ice storm and then winds that were blowing at 50 mph last night. The ice didn't amount to that much here, but the wind was horrible and still is.

Anne, I enjoyed talking to you last night, that is always fun. Hope we can do it again sometime and everyone can get in on it. That would be great.

DD #2's birthday is coming up on Thursday. I have to do a little on line shopping this morning for her. I shouldn't have waited so long. Hope the shipping doesn't take longer than 4 days.
Later, Nikki
Old 01-22-2005, 09:17 AM   #34

Anne & Nikki, glad that you guys got to talk last night. I'm hoping we can all get together sometime soon.

Nikki, yes, that is the tea I was talking about. Did you find it in a health food store? It does have an interesting taste to it. It took me a while to get used to it. Now I really like the flavor.

Ali
Old 01-22-2005, 10:15 AM   #35

Ali,
I found it at Walmart. How about that? I'm on my second cup already, I like it. Nikki
Old 01-22-2005, 02:09 PM   #36

Hi All: I just lost another post and am pi--ed off!!!!!! Anyway Congrat's Ali that is great. I am now looking forward to Monday's weigh-in. I would post some smilies but I had some in the last post and wonder if they have some thing to do with losing my post. It is always on a weekend, Oh what the **** if I lose this will be the end of me and the computer today. Oh happy day Nikki, you must be in shock!!!! I have started making DH help, today he vaccumed the couch for dog hair, he needs the exercise Well Anne have you got a storm DD in Burlington says she can't see anything the wind is so strong it is blowing the snow so hard. We just started to get a light snowfall so hope it stays that way. Since I picked up everything I needed yesterday I am in for the day anyway. Well that's it I will close while the goings good. talk to you tomorrow
Old 01-22-2005, 03:49 PM   #37

Good Afternoon Ladies:

Weigh to go Aleka I'm so proud of you!!!!

Loved talking to you Nikki, I am so new to live chat but I will get the hang
of it yet!

Lynn....This snow stinks I'm bloody sick of it. We are suppose to get
more Thursday and Friday too give me a break.

Not too much to report. I lost another pound and I am up to 16 in three
weeks. This is the year!!

See you on line guys.
Anne.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:24 PM   #38

I'll start a new thread

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.