Old 01-03-2005, 06:00 PM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Cool Chick chat Jan 3-Jan 9

Well the year has started with a bang. I must say. I have tried to stay Op but those coookies and few snacks left in the house are going to kill me. I am not doing to bad though given the temptation. Soon I will pass with out so much as a bat of the eye. I just need to get in to that groove.

Well work is going to be a another killer this week. I had 2 people blessedly pass on and well that now means admissions which is good but more work for me. I just have to learn not to cave to cookies with the added stress.

The darn DMV why can you not make it a one time trip??? I still to this day have not made it one time only to get any thing done. Well soon enough I will get the car registered but I should have known better.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:44 PM   #2  
gbo

Ok, don't faint.....I am back after a very...........challenging year!!!! Health, that illusive being did little more than drop in at the first of last year and leave without so much as a bye your leave! What followed was a series of extreme health problems. Well needless to say 8 1/2 months of being bed fast.... God I am afraid to climb on the scale. Today is a new day of a fresh New Year. I claim this new year.
Today despite a leg swollen to an unbelievable size I walked down to the shed. Down the hill, passed the pool, to nearly the pasture. Now granted, that is not very far but for many months I have moved rarely. It is my start. Also I have begun today, my diet once again. This time keeping my fats down as well. Tomorrow I shall begin the water.
I was a water queen for nearly two years and had lost 100lbs. I doubt if I have any weight loss left but I will brave it in the morning. Hubby say's say's that won't really tell me anything with all the massive swelling I have. We shall see. Once again into the battle I go. I am on this bus with superglue on my rear!!!
Pam
Old 01-04-2005, 07:16 AM   #3  

hi Sue and Pam! glad to have you both back- and thanks for starting us up for the week, sue. I spent all Sunday night up sick (a virus, I guess) and spent yesterday in bed. I'm better today, but wow, that was no fun! I must have incubated a virus my DS's family had been passing around- vomiting and all- whew...but (here's the important part) maybe I lost some weight! sipping diet ginger ale and had some soup in the evening.

back to work for 1/2 day today. MIL has MD appt for a kidney stone. Her chemo is over, and we are following up on other medical problems before she can go home...she has a gall stone as well! so another month or 2 of this.

that's it for me...time to hit the shower and see if I can get myself going.

Pam, hope you're feeling better now, and can really get back on track!
Sue, those cookies are almost gone! Isn't New York State DMV a mess? Hate going there-
have a good one,
dottie
Old 01-04-2005, 08:52 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

Car got registered finally with some protests.

Now for a funny story DD2 was out practicing for her drivers test on Thur. and she was doing the paralell parking and who should come upon her but a Police man!! lights whirling and all she was in tears!!! and so was her sister!!! I did take her out today and she did good. we hope to practice tomorow and take the test on thru, with the winter weather advisory on it way in for late wed into thur!! hopefully they will pas her just for showing up! it is suposed to be a winter bag of snow sleet and ice. But with her working I really need her driving I can not runn her willy nilly and the boys in different directions as well as work!!!

Dottie I sure hope the crud has left you and also took a few lbs with it!! gosh some of our staff is getting it and I fear for the elders that we have they can not take the illness. I just got a cute old man with pneumonia and a heart attack in today and have a younger man due friday with both knees replaced. they can not be gettig this.

You woul dhate having me take care of you. My DS1 was crying to me his stomach hurt this morning and I would not let him stay home. About 1 pm I was so busy in the morning that I forgot to remember that he may have stayed home. ( I did not give him permission but was suspecting that he would) I called the school nurse just to see if he made it to school and that he did not end up down there. I hate to think that I have no sympathy. he could have had an appendicitis attack and I sent him to school!!! He made it to school but did not go down to her for any problems!!! I am such a mean mother. He does this to me atleast 3 times a week so when do I believe him and when is he faking???

Pam glad you are back I was just posting about you on the miscl. club that we started many moons ago. Pat is there and so is a new gal.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:59 AM   #5  

It's Wednesday morning and I'm trying to get my life back on track. I have been getting over a virus and still feel a little weak and crappy. I'm exhausted from not enough sleep, and MIL stayed up with the tv BLASTING last night(she is deaf as a stone but denies it and thinks we ask to turn the tv down just to annoy her. I couldn't sleep. She spends the whole day in bed and then wants to stay up at night. But I have to talk to her about this, DH and I are up early and to bed early...she is feeling better and wants to stay up late! she then says she "can't" sleep...but she spends 5 o 6 hours during the day in bed...often not getting up til 3 pm. If she didn't nap all day, she could sleep at night! This has to stop before I kill her!!! (speaking of being mean, Sue- I am feeling VERY mean this morning, from lack of sleep!)

Well, I am back on water, too Gbo, that is a good place to really make a difference. I have been a bit dehydrated from being sick and am trying to add a few cups of tea as I'm still a bit nauseated and water tastes yucky. I'm doing diet gingerale and tea. I haven't even made coffee for two days, which I don't think has ever happened in my life!

Work will be crazy for the rest of the month...we are having a Joint Commission accreditation visit Jan 24-28 at the hospital, and everyone is going crazy. They will make a special visit to one of my areas that is a high-risk psych program. I have TONS of prep to do; it is no time to be sick!

well, that's all for my whining this morning! I'll be back later to see where the rest of you are hiding! Sometimes we don't post if we are being "bad" or too "down" I vote everyone should write a post and MUST include AT LEAST ONE bad thing! Were you mean? Are you depressed? Exhaused? Just whiney? Join in!

that's it for me...
have a good one,
dottie
Old 01-05-2005, 10:15 AM   #6  

Hi guys -

Dottie so sorry you've been sick - hope you are on the mend now. MIL doesn't like to read? or listen to books on tape? She could either of those QUIETLY when she wants to stay up late.

Hi, Sue. Good luck to your DD on her driving test. It will be nice to have another driver around there but aren't you worried about her on the bad, icy roads being a brand spankin' new driver? My 16 will be getting his permit next Tuesday which means that he won't be able to be on the roads solo until next summer -

Hmmmm, 'AT LEAST ONE BAD THING'? Well, let's see, it would have to be that I'm REALLY broke right now and worried about bills. Cody, my 14 year old, is scheduled to have braces put on his teeth the middle of next month and I'm scambling around trying to find financing. I'm spread ultra thin already and don't know how I'm going to pay yet another bill.

To end on a good note, we've been eating better here and I've been jumping on our new treadmill everyday (not for long, I'll have to build up to that, but some time is better than nothing, right?) and the scale dropped a bit and I've noticed a 'tightening up' of fleshy areas. That really helps to inspire me to continue! Boy would I love to be down in the 140s again - hovering around 160 is the pits!

Kel
Old 01-06-2005, 11:45 AM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Lots of snow today. All the other schools had snow days but not us!

DH took the kids and i am waiting to hear about religious school. I hope it is a no, I really would like to not be on the roads that late.

It has been a busy week back to working at home. my partner in all of the auction work hurt her knee over the break and will be bed bound for six weeks. she is having surgery today. So we have to do a little bit of reorginization of who will do what. OUr auction work is online so she can work from bed, but that leaves me to go to the meetings. I hate sitting on my butt and dancing around and never making progress!

So I am going to finish the laundry and make a run to town to the post office and dry cleaners and then decide if I will have DH go get the kids....

have a good one. Do well with the resolutions!
-L
Old 01-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Ok Where the heck are al of you? Am I alone out here in cyberspace? it is Echoing in the low carb area! H E L L O!!!!!!

I am doing very poorly with my time management. I have way too much to do and I am afraid I am not doing any of it well! I am overwhenlmed and have taken to playing a computer game instead of figuring out the way to do it right! I can't figure ou how my art program can take larger paper...I have no manual and I am about to pull out my hair! (and that would be a shame because i have nice hair!) RESCUE ME!!!
-L
Old 01-07-2005, 06:56 PM   #9  

Have you looked online to see if you can download the manual or maybe there is a message board or FAQ somewhere on the web about the software?
Old 01-07-2005, 08:04 PM   #10  

my computer's been down at work all week! I am dying!

I will post more tomorrow, time for a quick (HUG!) for L, hope you made out OK!

dottie
Old 01-08-2005, 12:06 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

Well with some chaoching she PASSED,

And Yes I am worried that she would be driving in the bad weather. I will have a say when she drives if she does not listen to me out comes the spark plugs or some thing that willl disable the car.

She took the test in the middle of a severe weather warning Not to bad.

I also am swamped at work and do have too much to do at home but here I am squandering my time waway in the best thing for me. the house will be next but I am here for a few min. I signed the kids up for soccer for mi\onday nights but that means one fo them will have to put boy scouts on hold, and the other one will have to get off his duff. Ben is still swimming so that is a chunk if time but I am out of boy scouts I just cold not do it.

L I am not computer savy I can play and that is about it.

OK girls!! READY?? I need a BIG push this week, I am not doing so great, and work is not the reason I get home and fall flat on my face. But I had a great talk with this guy at swim team today and he was getting the juices flowing for exercise and that is the first step! get one of them started and the other will follow.

I will check in later!!
Old 01-08-2005, 02:03 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

~~*~~Slapping self on hand for not posting in here very much!
Exercise this week has mainly been dealing with Newbies over on the South Beach Board although I have been moving a lot of snow too. Life is just too darn busy sometimes. Weight is not in ONEderland but I'm working on it.
Nap time is next on the schedule. I read saoemwhere that getting enough sleep helps with weighloss and I am determined to believe it! zzzzzzzz
Old 01-08-2005, 09:48 PM   #13  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Hey Hey Happy New Year.

Santa brought me a virus for the pc, strep throat for all, hives, fever seizures and headcolds for all again. We are snowed in. HA.

Other than that xmas was great, weight stayed the same cause strep throat took care of any overindulgence I might have gotten into! See all things happen for a reason! We are on the mend now and enjoying our winter weather, we went out driving today just for the fun of it. We have about a 12 inches of the white stuff, which ain't much for you north eastern ppls, but here, it causes major chaos. Hope Santa was good to you all, and I will check back when I have more time to sit and type.

The happiest and healthiest New Years to You ALL.

Leona