Old 12-27-2004, 07:46 AM   #1  

Default Daily Chick Chat, week of Dec 27-Jan 2

Is that possible? January this week?

have a cup of coffee and sit and chat a while...or just stop for a quick hello!

dottie
Old 12-27-2004, 07:50 AM   #2  

we have 3 or 4 inches of snow this morning, which is bound to make the drive messy...I'm late anyhow, so I figured I'd stop in here, hoping to start the day off right! We had a great Christmas, visited with cousins, other relatives, the kids were cute, the adults were relaxed and everyone got what they wanted! Could you ask for more?

Eating was atrocious. but there's just a few leftovers and I will freeze the cheesecake. I promise.

hi to you all, hope the January resolutions bring us all back to our senses!

have a good one,
dottie

Hi Nasus, glad to see you- it's great to have you even if you can only post once in a while...you too, Leenie!
Old 12-27-2004, 08:23 AM   #3  

Good Monday Morning everyone!
I'm at my parents- the flight went fine- lots of unhappy people in Cincinatti though- we flew Comair (delta) too. they were the ones that were having problems. got in 2 minutes late that's it.

my stepmom's working today- my little bro went snowboarding, so all that's left is us and my dad and sister. I told my dad I was thinking about going to curves today and then we got gift certificates to the mall so we have to use them here before we go. I hate getting more things to bring back with us, but if I get a book or something small should be able to stuff it in between our clothes pretty good.

My mom got a deep fryer for christmas from my stepdad and they invited us over for a fried turkey... STAY AWAY FROM THE SKIN! I don't know how I'm ever going to survive this week. Oh well, when I get back home it's back to phase 1 for me to jumpstart the weightloss again. we'll have just 2 months and 3 days until the wedding and honeymoon!

getting anxious for my bridal shower tomorrow night. My mom said she only heard 3 nos- she invited 27 women- so I guess about 20 will be there. Fun to be the center of attention and be the only one opening up presents. I'll be able to go shopping when we get back home off my registry- should be fun. new pots and pans and dishes and everything. When we moved in together Chris didn't bring any dishes and I had the hand-me-downs ones from my first apartment after college. so some of our pots are probably 20+ years old- they were all my dad's and stepmom's when they merged households and packed them away and they've been married 18 years- that's what I got (my fault though- I am too cheap to buy anything else when those "work")

that's it for me- have a great week! I'll check back in later!
Old 12-27-2004, 05:33 PM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Evening,
Came back home to 14 inches of snow! We had a good time in NY with my mom and stepday, stepbrother, his kids, my 2 brother's and their wives and my cute niece who calls me Doda because she can't say the L in my name. I can't say I mind!

Father and lovely bride spent the afternoon at my brother's yesterday. When they left I asked my brother when she had he plastic surgery. She use to have a butt the size of a bus and the saddle bags and good horseman would envy. It is only the second time I have seen her in the last 2 years so I couldn't be shre when she did it!

Little man had a good birthday. he got a handmedown ipod, and a digital camera, and lots of book credit. True to form my father/lovely bride did not get him anything. Poor kid. i don't care if they don't like me, but an 8year old just doesn't get it....

On top of all of this last weeks vet visit was not good. Molly has lost a lot of weight since her last visit, She has really bad breath and a "hot spot that is driving her, if not me crazy. The vet thinks it is "time" and DH is not doing well with it. I am sure it will be a few more weeks and the snow will really do her in. It is so hard to make this choice and i struggle with it and when to tell the kids.

How is all of that for a downer?
-L
Ok enough compailning. I did have a good time. The snow is beauti
Old 12-28-2004, 06:28 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Chickies.
Oh, L144S, I so sympathize with the Molly situation. It's such a hard thing. I can't believe nothing for your son! Too bad your father's lovely bride didn't get some compassion installed when she had her butt removed!
Kandace, yes, enjoy being the only one opening gifts. It should be fun. I can't imagine a deep fried turkey although I've heard of it.
Dottie, I'm glad you and yours had a lovely Christmas! You needed some good stuff!
Nasus40, so nice to see you and Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Moi? Been relaxing and doing as little as possible the past two days. Family and friends and too darn much food and drink has left me ready for peace and quiet and clean eating. Tomorrow morning I go for a mammogram so that will bring me back to reality! Nothing like a good squish to get your attention!

Have a lovely week.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:38 PM   #6  

Worked out yesterday- I guess, their machines definitely have to be tightened! I didn't get 1/2 a workout that I usually do.

went shopping too- Christopher and Banks- never heard of it before- a higher end store I guess because they wrapped my clothes and I've never had anyone wrap my clothes before. I bought a white sweater (size Medium) and a pair of pink pants (size 14 and loose). More than I usually spend on an outfit but I figured it was christmas and then I chipped in for the rest- treat to losing weight and keeping myself motivated.

turkey was real good yesterday- nice and juicy. had some white meat from the breast and everything else- rolls, stuffing... (Dottie, send the cheesecake down here, I'll finish it for you while I'm being bad! ) I need to get back on schedule when we get home again. I'm not gaining tremendous amounts though- I weighed yesterday and I was actually down 1 lb on the curves, doctors type, scale.

The bridal shower was fun. got mostly gift cards- but that's what I said I wanted. I didn't want to have to bring everything back to NC with me. some of my aunts bought things off my registry and had it shipped down. They cut out the picture off the registry and put it in a card for me. That was nice. 3 of my sorority sisters, including my Maid of honor, were able to make it. Hadn't seen the other 2 for a long time.

L- that's too bad about your son! no an 8 year old kid wouldn't understand!

ruth- have a good squish! hope everything is good.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:10 AM   #7  

Oh, Ruth you reminded me...I have to make a squish-ing appointment today-I canceled one 2 months ago and never rescheduled! Glad you had some good celebrating, and here's a cheer for clean eating!

Kandace, your family sounds nice, love the thoughtfulness of giving the picture of the gift! And congrats on NOT gaining- that's 1/2 the battle!

L, I am thinking of you and DH and your puppy...wasn't this DH's dog from before the kids were born? You've had him together for ages, right? I know this will be hard. My DH and I STILL talk sometimes in the Kitty-language we developed when we had a cat- she was part of our marriage! we used to say we'd never been together without the cat to intervene!

for me, a quiet day yesterday and fun- went to see the Lemony snicket movie with DN, we read the books together- it was OK< full of special animation and effects and dark coloring, but missed something of the books cleverness anyhow. I don't care for Jim Carrey, and he just kept sounding like Steve Martin- exaggerated, silly. But it was a children's story, I guess. My neice liked it more than I.

Today, eating grapefruit, bringing an apple and cottage cheese and a Lean cuisine. hoping for a light day...Kandace- the cheesecake is GONE...ate it for a few days, and tossed the rest!

have a good one-
dottie
Old 12-29-2004, 09:08 AM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning girls,
I am over my pitty party. Kandice, I am glad you found something special for yourself and that the shower was fun. I love gift cards!

Ruth and Dotti, thanks for your kind words. Yes we had Molly before kids, she was a gift to Dh for his birthday some 14 years ago!

Dh is home today so I am off to get my feet done. I need a few childless hours today. The kids are fine, enjoying the snow, but 10 days of bickering and a few more to go I just want a little quiet break.
For the audio fans I am listening to the new Tom Wolf "I am Charlott Simmons" It is good But the language is getting old. I have another hour or so to go so I will let you know my final thoughts.

Ok gonna finish my coffee, brush my teath and head out for a little me time.
Ruthy I hope all went well this morning and you enjoy the quiet, and take a few to relax ALONE!

-L
Old 12-31-2004, 07:30 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Just popping in to say HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR everyone, hope its the best one yet.

Ruthie hope you had a great anniversary

Love you !!

Leenie
Old 12-31-2004, 08:48 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Leenie! I like your definition of healthy! Thanks for the anniversary wishes - it was a nice evening!

We have rain and warm temps here today! It's going to 51F which will probably melt the snow. I wish it would melt just the ice and leave the snow as walking is very treacherous.

Bob's fancy dancy elegant NY's Eve party is tonight. Harry want me to go - it's out of the question for him, I'm afraid. I've still not decided. I guess I'm getting old and stodgy. On the other hand, oysters, champagne, flirting.......hmmmmm.

I'm off to pick up the paper and mail and then will settle in for the day. Can you chicks smell wet dog?
Old 12-31-2004, 10:21 AM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi guys. As you can see I have not been good. But that is how the scale bounces.

Nice to actually have a min to stop in and say HI. Thanks for the birthday wishes, I did try to ignore them 45 WOW I feel so old but yet so yound.

Hey Ruth I started a Red Hat Society Here in Cortland I know I am a Pink hatter but I feel it is the first step to getting Myself back!! I have a bunch of us from work doing this and, I am excited. One of my lovely ladies who is a red hatter for many years. And we would talk about it. I am so excited. I even have a purple coat!!!

Well I guess I had better get moving coffee is on and I must get the day started this is my first nothing day in about a month. not to last though I have tons to catch up on.

I even went to the doctor and have a paper to get squished which I have nto done for about 4-5 years, much needed.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:57 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

HUGS TO ALL YOU GIRLS !!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Check this out....... when your mouse turns into a fire cracker, keep clicking.

http://web.icq.com/friendship/swf/0,,16961_rs,00.swf

Old 12-31-2004, 05:21 PM   #13  

Hey all, just have a few minutes to say:

Happy New Year!

to all my chickie friends!

have a wonderful night, I guess we'll all be doing the "straight and narrow" and following our resolutions in a day or so, right?

dottie

Cheers!

Last edited by dottiejon; 12-31-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:44 PM   #14  

Happy New Year, friends!

Just a quickie post since it is wild around here -

We had a good time in Disneyland even if it did rained on us the whole time. Melis left to go home to SF this morning. Boys and I will probably see Life Aquatic this evening.

Check in with you all tomorrow - christmas cookies are ALMOST gone and that is a GOOD thing! lol

Kel
Old 01-01-2005, 09:50 AM   #15  

Happy New Year!
I'm pretty new to the board but started induction (2nd time around) yesterday.

Hope you are all having a great time getting back on track.

You guys are all making me jealous about all your snow.. I'm in the UK not far from London and we've not had a flake yet... alot of Britain did get snow on Xmas day, but not us nevermind.. maybe soon. Fingers x'd.