3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Low Carb Archive

LCFS December 26, 2004

Old 01-01-2005, 10:02 AM   #31

Happy New Year everyone!
I did see the ball drop on tv, but fell asleep before it was midnight our time. We went out to a local place for supper and I had the usual grilled chicken breast, baked potato and ceasar salad. The salad is really small, and I try to use just 1/2 the dressing, it's really good.
Surprised myself this morning when I weighed and was less than I was earlier this week, despite the inhalation of the cake. I exercised with Leslie and did some crunches and I'm finding it easier. I'm going to have to look into getting some new work out tapes, these are starting to get old.

Aleka, sounds like you had a long night. Nobody set off fireworks here, we had some freezing rain, so that probably helped some with that business.
DH did go to work and fortunately, he didn't have to work OT today. I went out and bought groceries for the next 2 weeks last night before the rain started. It was only 630pm, but it felt like the middle of the night since it is so dark at that time. Later, I rented the Stepford Wives. I thought it was only so so. Anyone remember the original? That was one of those movies I never forgot, maybe because I read the book too.

Lynn, are you feeling any better? I'm finally over my cold. Hope you are having a great time with your company.

Anne, did you get the new shoes to train with yet? I have such a hard time finding well fitting shoes.
Later, Nikki
Old 01-01-2005, 10:13 AM   #32

Nikki, speaking of salad. When I was going to WW a few years ago, our leader made this suggestion. Ask for salad dressing on the side, then dip the tines of your fork into the salad dressing before you dig into your salad. A lot of people swore by it at the meeting. She said that way you get the taste of the dressing without using a lot. I keep forgetting to do it. I do remember the original Stepford Wives, but never saw it. I guess I'm dating myself. Well....it's Jan. 1st, the weather has greatly improved, and I'm wearing a pair of shorts!

Aleka
Old 01-02-2005, 08:05 AM   #33

Hi,
It's Sunday, I'll start a new thread.

Aleka

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.