Old 11-09-2004, 08:27 AM   #16  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Cold sunny day about 30 this morning and only going to warm up to 40. I am not looking forward to winter and the S word, Ruthie you can keep it!

I took the kids out to breakfast this morning. A weekly ritual and I ran into the Rabbi from our temple. His daughter is having a tough time socialy at her school which totaly suprised me since she is at a private jewish day school. The other kids are into the name brands and such but what is worse is she is seen as a social outcast. I feel for her and her father who has no clue how to help.....

So anyway, I did do the eliptical yesterday but did not check out the new Rascal Flatts song. On my list for today. I am waiting for the sprinkler guy to come by this morning and I am going to hit the eliptical too....

happy day ladies, I hate to end with stay warm but it is so true this morning!
-L
Old 11-10-2004, 06:53 AM   #17  
Owned by Dixie

Rise and Shime ladies, A new day is dawning!
BBL to post...
-L
Old 11-10-2004, 09:18 AM   #18  

ugh- did not want to get out of bed today at all- so cold!! 29 degrees and frost on the fields out back. brrrr!

Started my day early though I had to run to Walmart to get a "snuggie" for my rings- all this losing weight combined with the cold anyways, my fingers have shriveled up almost a full size. FI very protective of the diamond too- obviously doesn't want me to lose it and it slides right off my finger. I love going to Walmart at 7 am- they're just opening, there's no lines, no one in the aisles so you can't get around. go and get what you need and leave.

Lost 3 more lbs this week. 2.7 of it was Body Fat. so I'm happy with that.

does anyone know what the "best" percentage is- like for every lb you lose, should 1/2 of it be fat? If/ when I lose 30 lbs if 15 lbs of it were fat I'd be very happy. I asked the diet instructor at Curves last night and she didn't know but she said she'd find out for me.

Hate wearing pants now- everything is so baggy. I can wear skirts and then it's only the waist and hips that are loose and I can pull down my shirt over it.

Oh well, happy wednesday everyone!
Old 11-10-2004, 11:32 AM   #19  
Owned by Dixie

Morning friends!
I am off to do some errands. The gertails(what the kids call them) have been eating the plastic cage. Time to get a new one before they get out! Yikes!

I did 4 miles this morning, I have time while the kids are at Karate to do another hour. I figure if I can't control the eating I might as well force the exercise..right? Slow work week too. I have a presentation on Friday and have done most of the rest of my work this week. It I work 3 days out next week. I like what I do and I am liking the time to focus on exercising.

So life is good. Happy with being an at home mom and taking on the extra projects. At the moment a friend and I are working on starting a company. We are working on a business plan and trying to figure out how much it will cost to start up and how many clients we would have to take on to make it work. We will see, I am excited about it.

to everyone.
Kandice I did go listen to a snippet of the rascal flatts song over at itunes. Like it! I am waiting for the holidays in hopes of getting a gift cirtificate. There are several songs I want to buy. Proud and a little green about your weight loss. I wish I could get the scale to move!

Ok off to run errands and try to keep from shivering in this god awful winter like weather...
-L
Old 11-10-2004, 12:50 PM   #20  

L- gertails- CUTE! just a suggestion- try an aquarium and a lizard cover... that's what we have all our "babies" in.

I had a male guinea pig in Maine with me and he was always in an aquarium, and then FI bought me a little girl guinea pig because I said the male acted sad- and they said they like company. I didn't want the males to fight each other so I thought dealing with the eventual babies would be better (they had one and it was stillborn and then no more babies since) when we re-did our living room this past year with new tv, new couches, and new entertainment center we also bought a new 55 gallon aquarium and stand and that's what the guinea pigs are living in.

SS wanted a pet- we can't have dogs or cats because we're renting and so we settled on getting him hamsters. He's seen us take care of the pigs, he knows what to do- plus he's 11. so he's got 2 hamsters in a 10 gallon aquarium.

Yeah, aquariums are more expensive than cages, but think about it- you already have to buy a new one and I've never bought a new aquarium...

also- I don't know if you have a problem with the litter- the smell of pee and everything but this is what we do: we put a layer of UNSCENTED! kitty litter in the bottom and then pine shavings over top. Make sure you get unscented- the scented kitty litter is too strong for small animals and they could get sick. We found that we can almost 2ce as long without really needing to clean it (every 2 weeks) because the kitty litter absords the pee.

We burned most of the Rascal flatts songs on a CD for me but I still want a real CD. I told Chris it would be a good stocking stuffer. and I saw some eeyore socks at Walmart today for 4.88 those would be good for my stocking too. I know I already got shrek 2 DVD for Christmas from him. (Because I had to get it!!) CVS was having a special- buy $20 of P&G brands and then get $10 off the DVD. well, we needed laundry detergent and everything anyways so I spent $20 and then gave FI the receipt to get the $10 off. He went in the next day and they charged him $19.99 for it!! I saw the receipt- I'm snoopy, not really it was on the kitchen table- and asked him about it- told him they should have charged him $10. So I went back and got $10 back!! $10 more to spend on me!!!

well, I guess I'm going to work out tonight because lunch time is over and I'm still at work- I can't leave- too much to do! so I took 15 minutes to get on the internet and swallow some meatloaf
Old 11-11-2004, 08:54 PM   #21  

Hi guys! I'm being a bad poster this week. Work, boys' school and a couple appointments have kept me busy. I got my hair 'did' on Wednesday (trimmed & highlighted to hide the ever-increasing grey) and had an eye doc appt. this morning. Soooo glad that I'm getting new contacts as I've really been having trouble the last couple months.

Congrats to the losers and the exercisers -

Survivor tonight so I gotta run and finish dinner.

Kel
Old 11-12-2004, 06:45 AM   #22  
Owned by Dixie

Morning,
Off to Westren Ma today and back. about 5 hours in the car to and from and the S word is in the forcast!

Gotta run but wanted to say good morning and TGIF!
-L
Old 11-12-2004, 06:58 AM   #23  

quick hello-

busy this week with an audit at work that started EARLY, that's not fair! But will finish next Wednesday...the auditors are taking a few days off in the middle, so no stress today...

yesterday was DN 10th birthday, 10 kids at Jillians and then the 5 girls slept over. My sister is nuts, but she said they had fun. Then a family dinner last night that was fun. My aunt was visiting with her granddaughter, too cute 6 year old, very sweet and our 10 year old playing with her for the evening- like a big sister.

maybe I'll come back later, just wanted to say hi- off to hit the showers and get on the road.

have a good one,
dottie

s? really? NOOOOO!
Old 11-12-2004, 08:51 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just a brief check-in The snow has melted but it's very, very cold. I'm in winter coat, hat, scarf and gloves - outdoors, that is!

Busy day coming up with lots of over the phone line rehearsals.

I slept until after 7 this morning after a gruelling dress rehearsal last night. Ted knew his lines a lot better and we ad libbed our way through the tricky parts he didn't know. The struggle scene at teh end went very well except when Ted grabbed my boob by mistake! Nobody was more embarrassed than he was! I just cracked up at the look of dismay on his face. Great moments in theatre!

I promise I'll be in here more when I get my life back next week!
Old 11-12-2004, 11:01 AM   #25  

Ya weren't wearing the metal bra, were ya? lol!
Old 11-12-2004, 08:30 PM   #26  

Laci & Connor: Rest in peace. Justice has been served.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:08 AM   #27  

Amen.

Saturday morning, sleepy, but happy I don't have to go to work. I am just going to lounge around in my jammies for a while. There is actually some snow flurry-ing around out there this morning. THANK YOU VERY MUCH RUTH>

no big plans for today, some laundry, of course. And cooking, of course. But I think I'll go shopping, and I want to go to Home Depot for a few things.

I am definitely going to bundle up and take a good walk today. I think that even the few (3) walks I've taken in the past 2 weeks are doing me a world of good. I added climbing the stairs to my office to my day- it just gets my heart rate up for a few minutes a few times a day... and I feel it in my thighs already!

That's it for now. I need some more coffee, and want to get a "to do" list together for the day. Pork chops for dinner.

how about you?

dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 11-13-2004 at 07:12 AM.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:16 PM   #28  
Owned by Dixie

Afternoon Dottie

With you Kel!

Took My SIL shopping today and let me tell you that I feel for the plus sise girls, she is a 3x. The pickings are SLIM!

I have 8 kids here right now and about to da a little graphic work. my meeting yesterday went really well but it took me over 5 hours to get home for a 2 hour and 20 min. trip. The snow and traffic was a killer!

Have a good Saturday, see you all tomorrow.
-L
Old 11-13-2004, 04:36 PM   #29  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cold and clear today. I slept in a bit this morning and managed another nap this afternoon. Life is good and I'll have mine back starting tomorrow afternoon.

Good audience and we managed to get laughs and get through it although Ted is missing huge hunks of his lines! No boob grabbing last night!

It's supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow so I may be able to get some bulbs in the ground if it thaws. Luckily I have a bulb auger that attaches to the electric drill so may be able to do it with that. Sarah will be able to work a couple of afternoons for me next week as she is on midnights. That should get the last of the fall cleanup done.

Right now I am going to have a hot tea by the woodstove and relax before I go to the theatre for 6 to do makeup. Poor Harry is getting very lonely eating dinner by himself.

Have a good weekend, chickies.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:39 PM   #30  

Boy, I feel for you guys and the snow. Born & bred Cali girl here and I just don't think I could deal with snow on a day to day basis. Driving in it? EEK!

It is a beautiful sunny day here today - clean, crisp air. We just got back from driving to the ball field for the last baseball game of the fall ball season (unfortunately the other team cancelled) so now I have the day wide open! Which is nice but I really did want to watch some baseball and visit with my baseball friends.

8 kids? Wow, L - sounds like fun!

Enjoy you puttering around day, Dottie. I agree with you about the benefits of adding in some exercise. I've been working outside more lately on the weekends and taking a mid day walk during the week and I can tell the difference. It also seems easier to fit in the exercise activity now that I've started it a bit - does that makes sense? Where before I would balk at making the effort to actually go out and rake/pull weeds, etc. but now that I've been doing that a bit I almost (gasp!) look forward to it. Now don't get me wrong, it's not the 5-hour-sweat-&-strain-huff-&-puff kind of exercise (that isn't me) but the get-the-blood-flowing stuff I've been doing does make me feel better.

Hope the play goes well, Ruth - it's this weekend, right?

*wave* hi to everyone else!

Kel