Old 10-17-2004, 01:18 PM   #1  

Default LCFS Week of Oct 17th

Hi,

It's cools off at night, the temps get into the 50's, but it warms up nicely to the low 80's. DH & I went out for breakfast this morning, I was wearing jeans and along sleeve shirt, DH was in shorts and a T/shirt. He just kept looking at me and shaking his head.

Anne, glad to hear from you. Maybe if enough people start complaining about she will not last very long. It must be very hard for you to go into work each day with someone like that for a boss. Are you writing all the harassments like Nikki suggested? If so, that will help too. People are putting up their Halloween decorations here too, but to me they look out of place. Halloween to me is very cold temps, not summery weather. But, I suppose by next year this will seem like fall to me too. You speaking of Christmas decorations, DH & I went to the grocery store this morning and they had Christmas wrapping paper out already.

Hey Nikki & lynn, hope your having a good Sunday.

Aleka
Old 10-17-2004, 04:31 PM   #2  

Good afternoon,
It's a beautiful fall day here, cool, but sunny and a light wind. The trees have all changed into the height of their glory. I have done very little today, but I did do WATP 1 mile walk. It was kind of hard to finish, I'm really out of shape. But, I finished it and I felt great when I was done. It really is fast, isn't it?
I'm going to the Dr tomorrow and have a physical. I keep having extreme bleeding with my periods and it is just getting worse. I hate going to the Dr, but suppose I can't put this off any more. I am getting the dreaded mammogram too.
Anne, I had a boss like that once. They didn't fire her, but moved her up in management. That is the way the government, especially the VA, works here. They never seem to fire anyone, no matter how bad they are. They just get a better job. If does get the boot, it may end up being a good thing for her too.
Aleka, your weather sounds great. I would be wearing the same things. At least, it's good to be prepared.
I have to run and take DD to work, have a good Sunday, Nikki
Old 10-17-2004, 05:10 PM   #3  

Nikki, good luck to you tomorrow. Do you have fibroids? That could be the cause of your heavy bleeding. Also, perimenopause too.

Aleka
Old 10-17-2004, 09:55 PM   #4  

Aleka, about 10 years ago a Dr told me I had fibroids. I suppose it's a combo of that and entering menopause. I'll let you know how it goes, I'm not looking forward to this visit. Nikki
Old 10-18-2004, 06:48 AM   #5  

Talking

Good morning,

Today is the day I'm starting over. I've decided to start walking again and I'm going to start doing WW Core program. I've had enough of gaining weight.

Nikki, congratulations on finishing the WATP 1 mile tape. That is a great start. I had been diagnosed with fibroids many years before I had a hysterectomy. From what I've been reading lately there are so many options for treatment now than when I had surgery. Again, good luck today.

Anne, you probably aren't too thrilled about going into work this morning. I will be thinking about you and hope you have a good day.

lynn, how was the auction on Sat.? Has Mya gotten over Morgan being gone?

I'm off for my walk in a little bit. It's still dark here, it doesn't get light until around 7:00 am.

Have a great Monday everyone.
Aleka
Old 10-18-2004, 07:03 AM   #6  

Good morning,
Aleka, I was thinking about the different treatments available and I think I'm more worried that they would put me on some kind of hormone therapy than do surgery. Guess we'll see what she says.
I decided to start my day off with Body Flex again and then do the WATP afterward. That way, I'm getting a good stretch before hand.
Aleka, good luck on the new programs That sounds very sensible and something that you can do for the rest of your life. I will be starting on flex after Friday. I should be getting all my ebay things and plan on joining on line in a few days. Are you going to meetings or will you be doing it at home on your own? I am also really tired of gaining weight and so is DH. Last night, he asked me when are we going to start paying better attention to what we eat? We had pork tenderloin sandwiches (battered and fried) and seasoned french fries. I know, it's like the worst thing you can possibly eat He had indigestion all night, so I suppose that is the last time I will be making that anyway, no matter what diet I'm following.
Hi Anne, keep your chin up.
Lynn, good morning, hope your having a good day!
Well, better go see Greer, got to be at the Drs by 9, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 10-18-2004 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:00 AM   #7  

Good Morning Everyone:
Nikki, when I first started having bleeding from **** some years ago the
doctor told me it was fairly typical at "my age" I used to be terrified the bleeding and clots would be so bright and so bad. The light at the end of
the tunnel is this.....Mine are now very light. I can't beleive these are
my cycles!!!!
Aleka, you are right! I am not thrilled to be here today At least I
haven't encountered the beast yet this morning.......

Guess what!! when my husband was walking me to the bus at 5:40 am we
saw a skunk We often run into racoons but there has been skunks around
lately too!! Our weather is so cold today I am hoping the critters take note
and prepare to go into hibernations
Talkl to you all later.
Anne.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:33 AM   #8  

Goodmorning All: I am having trouble posting so will keep this short. I tried to post 2x yesterday and 1x this morning so will post this to let you know I am here and reading posts even if I am not posting. I will try again but this is it I am so frustrated.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:19 AM   #9  

Well I hope this goes though. Yes Anne it is very cold damp and dull here today. The dog is the smart one, she went out and did what she had to and went back to bed. Funny you mentioned the skunks, last week we went to To. on Airport rd. and must have seen 8 or 9 dead ones on the side of road. This must be their stupid time. I am very pleased about the ban on pit bulls. For you other ladies Ontario has banned owning, selling importing or breeding of pit bulls in the province. If you have one you can keep it but it must be muzzled in public. I think the ban should have included a few more breeds. Nikki hope your Dr.'s appointment goes ok. I'm with Aleka sounds like fibroids and remember all to clearly the **** of a period. It's been 3 years now and I wish I had had the surgury years before. I LOVE hormones they keep me sane. I tried cutting back when Aleka was talking about it and it was ****. My blood pressure is now all out of wack and when I had a vision of shotting DH I know it wasn't working. He is still alive and I am back to taking them daily. My membership tp Curves doesn't kick in until Nov.1 so am doing the WATP 2 mile for abs, it is my favorite. Went to another auction yesterday and got a head start on xmas. This one was differant than others in that everything was newstock from bankruptcies going out of business itc. Anyway you bid and when the biding was over they would annouce how many they had and you put your card up and got the product at that price even if you didn't bid on it. I picked up a toy I had priced at $129.95 in Toys R Us for $25. A air pop corn maker that looks like a old fashion theatre popper that was $89. in Den for Men for $20 for DD's party room and another toy that is $29.95 in the stores for $7. A knife that was $59 in the knife store in the mall for $7, I couldn't beleive my luck. I will go to the next one and get there early enough to check out the stock better. Xmas could be cheap this year. Well so far so good must get on with my day and it looks like I am going to be able to post this post
Old 10-18-2004, 12:52 PM   #10  

Back again!!! These are two great sites for WW . The first 1 www.stompc.com/journal/wwrecipes This site lists 14 good sites plus scroll down for more. The second site www.angelfire.com/journal/wwrecipes has 1100 recipes with points.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:09 PM   #11  

Hi again,
The NP scheduled me for an ultrasound in the morning. I've had those before and I can never seem to get my bladder full enough to suit those people.
This bleeding has been getting worse all the time. I have to use tampax and pads and change them every 1/2 hour. Then at night, if I sleep a few hours, I have to hold a towel (with a pad and tampax) between my legs when I go to the bathroom or else I bleed all over the place. It goes on like that for 4 days, then I continue to bleed like a regular period for 3 weeks. My hair is falling out rapidly and I read that when you bleed excessively, your hair stops growing, so I'm getting thinner every day. It has always been fine and thin, it's just getting worse.

Lynn, I tried the first site and can't find it, maybe you mistyped the address? I did go to the second site and was thrilled to see so many recipes, thank you for passing it on

I got most of my WW stuff I ordered from ebay today. I suppose I will be starting in a couple of days now. We have eaten most of the bad stuff up. I still have diet food from before that I can use the rest of the week before I get groceries. I have gained 7 lbs since I quit low carbing. Even if I wasn't losing with that, I sure wasn't gaining like I am now.
Nikki
Old 10-18-2004, 02:57 PM   #12  

Sorry Nikki I screwed up the whole address, here I go again www.stormpc.com/ww/ You talking about your period brought back MANY bad memories. I found a disposible underwear in the tampax isle that stopped the leaks so you could get to bathroom without towel. I also set an alarm clock for every 1 1/2 hours. I would think your fibroids are so many and so large that the ultra sound won't show anything. Hope you are getting frequent blood work because you must be enemic by now.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:58 PM   #13  

Nikki, I've had those ultra sounds too where my bladder had to be full. Just before I had surgery, the surgeons office wanted me to have another ultrasound. When I left the office, the girl at the desk told me to have a full bladder. When I got to my appt. I found out I was to have an empty bladder. I had been holding on to it for so long that I couldn't empty it out completely, so I had to schedule another appt. Did you have the ultra sound already or is it scheduled for some other morning? Glad that you got your WW material so soon.

Anne, what a terrible thing to discover when you went to the bus stop this morning. When we lived in NH the only time we'd see a skunk was during warmer weather. I would say it should be almost time for the animals to go into hibernation.

lynn, thank you for posting those websites. I clicked onto the first one, and like Nikki couldn't get the page to come up. I'm almost tempted to go back on the hormones, but I think I will tough it out. I'm not sleeping very well, I keep getting hot, then cold. Sometimes just get chills without the hot flashes. I can tell I'm getting crankier than usual. I had been on them 11 yrs. Now that you're back on hormones has your blood pressure gone down? What dosage are you taking for your hormones? When I stopped taking them I was on .3mg, which is the lowest dose.

Aleka
Old 10-18-2004, 04:06 PM   #14  

Here I am again, waiting to take DD to work. The ultrasound is in the morning at 8am. I think I might be enemic and she did do lab work today, so should know by next week. (Why it takes so long is beyond me). I don't know why, I never did think of those pads for when your incontinent of urine. That would be much better. I was thinking about adult diapers, and that is just insane to have to use something like that for bleeding. I hope I can get something done soon.

Anne, we have skunks all the time around here. I would think in the city, they would have to be a real rare sight. I wonder if they are rabid? One thing about them, they have no clue about traffic, so they will not live long in the city. We have dead ones by the road alot. Raccoons don't seem to understand what cars are either.

DH is now up, so better go spend some time with him, Nikki
Old 10-18-2004, 04:22 PM   #15  

Hi Again: I have spent the day on the computer except for a walk in the park with dog and a little house work and prepping dinner. Nikki, couldn't some of your weight gain be fluid to feed the fibroids. Am I making sense? You have to be enemic. Now I have been playing on WW sites to figure out the core plan. I understand the plan except for when they say you have to count bread or something how much are you allowed and what do you count and were do I go to find out how to count. I have the WW stuff from DD except for the new stuff. Good luck tomorrow Nikki