Old 10-05-2004, 09:22 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default Hi all!! I need some help

I know, I know.....I'm gone forever and when I come back I want help.

Let me say that I hope all of you are doing well. I pop in every now and than and read, but rarely post anymore.

I'm doing well, I'm healthy and happy.

My question. Who here still makes the mousse, that we all made a few years ago. The one made with sf-pudding and heavy whipping cream. I would like to make this again and I can't exactly remember the combination of hw-cream to water. I think it is something like 1 3/4 hw cream and 1/4 cup water or is it more water, less cream?

Help, anyone have any idea? I'm afraid to just go try it, I'm limited on cream at the moment and I'm stranded without a car today.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2004, 10:09 AM   #2  

Hi, Debbie!

Wow, I haven't made that in a while. Seems like it was more water and less cream but I can't remember the measurements. Did you check our recipes coop? Maybe Linda or Dottie will remember. Sorry not more help.

So how are the kids?

Kel
Old 10-05-2004, 10:38 AM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Hi Kel, I think you are right. I'm trying to get the cobwebs out of the old brain and I think, I remember saying it had 9 carbs when prepared. Since there are 6 carbs per cup of hw cream that would be 1 1/2 cup hw cream to 1/2 cup water. Yea, I think that's it!

My kids are doing well. Daughter manages to come home from college just about every weekend at the moment. The boys are both still in school, they are not getting their degrees fast, but hey, their still working toward it.

How are you kids doing? Is your daughter enjoying her school, she's in SF isn't she???

Have a great day
Old 10-06-2004, 12:09 PM   #4  

HI debkay!
nice to see you- glad you're doing so well@ Still plugging along here, I don't loose much, but I don't gain much either, so I stay generally LC all the time...

I make that with 1/2 cream and 1/2 water...but Idon't whip it, I just let it set like regular pudding. If you are trying to get the cream to whip, you would need to use less water.

let us know how it goes
dottie
Old 10-14-2004, 09:13 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

debkay...I skip the water and go straight to the whipping. lol. Tastes FANTASTIC. Oh man, I haven't had that in ages. It's sounding YUMMY right now!!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:29 AM   #6  

Thumbs up

Debkay, dont cha worry about being gone, then poppin in, I am the queen of AWOL around here. In fact just this week I started over again on induction, and I was on today to post and get back in with my old budddies, Your name caught my eye sorry I dont recall that recipe. It sounds yummmy, but I never tried it. Welcome back. Linda( formerly Va Lady).