Low Carb Daily, July 25-31

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to

• good morning...a good week ahead?

• dragging myself out of bed- I have an ach-y shoulder, it's been bothering me lately and I am waking up cranky and stiff...waiting for the advil to kick in!

I had blueberry pancakes with DH, and am headed off for the girl's softball game. They got rained out yesterday and the tension is running high. My DH gets so wound up you can't even talk to her. I worry that the adults will ruin it for the kids but they seem to do OK. But the parents stress out over it!

Nothing happening otherwise. After the game, I"ll go do grocery shopping, then come home and cook a turkey breast and some other stuff for the week. I have a little wash left to move around, then may just read for the rest of the afternoon.

Leenie, how's your DH make out in the shop yesterday...do you just wait for the water to recede? Was there alot of damage? I thought of you yesterday...hope all is OK. Give Grace a tickle for me.

Linda, I saw your last post- I can't under-eat either...I just end up eating more later! I have to find a balance though.

that's it for now. Maybe I'll come back later and see what's up. I know you'll all be sitting on the edge of your seats waiting to hear about the little league results.

later,
    dottie
  • Well, _I_ will, Dottie!!! LOL Good luck to the girls!

Kel
  • Hi girls,
    The boys and I are off to the Turks and Cacois tomorrow at the crack of dawn. I am all packed and ready to sit on a beach and watch the world go by and read....go for long walks and collect shells and just be....hopefully the kids will help me out with that
    be well,
    -L
  • Been MIA - sorry, chickies but life (and the very busy South Beach forum) got in the way. I also am in a lot of pain from a broken bone in my hand and something ripped in my knee. Yes - I am going to the doc on Tuesday about the knee. Stupid thing! Two different dog-related accidents - I'll spare you the details.

Delta Fair ends tonight which will give me a bit more free time. The Girls are fine and both will be having puppies between September 23 and early October! Yes, Lucy is no longer a virgin! Hersh is looking forward to retirement after her litter - she will be bred later this week, all going well.

I read last July's diary and realize my weight has stayed about the same for a year - gotta get serious! I can't walk with this knee thing but I sure need to cut out some food and drink!

I'll try to pop in more often.
  • Both girls will be preggers at the same time??? Wow!

Let us know what the doc says about your injuries. Poor Ruthie - please take care of yourself.

Kel
  • Monday morning- coffee in hand!

Ruth, nice to see you, take care of your knee...that's painful! Nice news about the pups though. Weight about the same for a year? That's me. But beats higher!

Kel, the girls lost yesterday... they were sad but it was a very exciting game. 15-12. Lots of great hitting, great fielding, some mistakes, and we had a weak first inning of pitching that hurt us. My DN had 5 RBIs! All in all we are pretty pleased; they got their plaques for the the Division Championship, and they played furthur than anyone expected for a small school. It was fun, and they had a pool party at one of the kid's home after with pizza. She was pretty happy with the day.

For me, a new week. Got my cooking done and I"m ready to face the week. I wish I was going to Turks and Caicos with L, but I'll have to settle for Brooklyn! Oh, well...

have a good one (Leens, how'd the shop clean up? Are things OK?)

dottie
  • Hi Ladies,

Dottie, yes the shop is okay, some furniture got damaged but there was nothing he could do. He'll just have to deal with screaming customers lol. Glad you had fun at the base ball game.

Hey did you read my last post in last week's board... about salads and what to do? check it out if you haven't. To me its a life saver.

OY !! I weigh myself tomorrow to see if there is ANY FLUBBIN loss... I really HATE this, Im just so sick of being good and trying and nothing !!!! Its like the only way that scale is going to move is if I eat 1200 calories and quite frankly I'm starving on that little food, it really pisses me off that I have to do that to lose weight. One day I'm riding high w/my emotions and say to myself I can do this and the next day I'm down in the dumps crying that I cant and I don't want to do this. MEN SUCK!!! (sorry) they lose weight so much easier and they don't have to deal with the up and down whore-moan moods. Phooie I spit on them pppppppppppppppt !

How about I meet you at the Paramus Park Cinnabon tomorrow morning for a couple hugs bons and some coffee (don't I wish) lol.

Well I better get to bed, I'm hungry, its almost TOM and even though there is only LC foods in the house, I can still do some serious damage calorie wise.

L - Have a great time !!!! bring me home a souviner

Ruthie 2 preggo's wow, whatcha gonna do with all that money you make off the pups... oh yeah thats right, your gonna buy me a personal chef to help me lose weight... Hope your feeling better dolly !!!!

Kel, whatcha been up to chickie ? how are things ?
  • Leenie, you're so funny but I know exactly what you mean and agree completely. PPPPHHHHHTTTTTTT to them all!

Ruth, I'm so sorry you're on the injured list again. Bummer! But great news about the doggage. Lots of lovely puppies coming up.

I bravely got on the scale this morning and could have cried. I've managed to gain 14 lb so far this year. I guess I just have to get back on the LC wagon. Even not losing is better than steady gaining. Bah Humbug!!
  • tuesday morning, I'm dragging...didn't sleep well. The morning comes too fast! I was up in the night, and now have that groggy hung-over feeling. Waiting for the coffee to kick in.

Hi Linda, yeah, bah humbug for sure. I haven't gotten on the scale lately...too scared!
    Leens, I can be at Cinnabon in 2 hours. I did see your suggestion about the no lettuce salad...I threw some chopped celery, baby carrots and grape tomatoes in a tupperwear bowl, and had cheese and triscuits with it. Like a little buffet! i 'll do it today with chicken added to the veggies, and some cesear dressing. Now, this may not stop me from eating cookies in the afternoon, but some days, nothing will. Sometimes I think I should go back on the old fashioned high fat Atkins and have a big honking steak for every meal. South Beach has sort of spoiled that, but I felt satisfied with a 3 egg omelette with cheese and big burgers and lamb chops. Hmmm... I might think about this. Leens, don't let the scale throw you...just keep on truckin'! You're not supposed to be hungry...eat some protein with a little fat!

Hi Ruth! How's the knee?
    Hi Kel, have a good day-

That's it for me, talk to you later,
    dottie
  • Gloomy morning here. I woke up feeling like a big foot was hanging over my head - remember the big foot on Monty Python? Anyhow, I guess it was a storm coming because we've just had unexpected thunder, lightening and hail! Hershey has been outside munching on hailstones - good low cal/low carb snack!

I stayed on plan with food yesterday and the weight is still the same - 204.5! I'm taking my diuretic again so that may help. Yes, a big steak with butter on it sounds good about now but I am afraid I'm committed to South Beach, rather than Atkins. I have been dieting for 45 years and am damned sick of it! I'd love to be able to just eat without worrying about every mouthful!

Enough griping! I am off to the Library programme this morning and then to the doc with my knee and broken hand this afternoon. I am hoping he can give me a magic pill to fix it all at once!

Have a super Tuesday.
  • Linda, I read your post from last week and I really REALLY can understand how you feel. I gained back 12...sigh. Some times I think, gee, maybe I should just try to maintain this big orge body rather than try to lose because the more I try to lose, the more I gain. Go figure.

Dottie, 2 hours, YEAH!!! think of the damage we could do just kidding NOT! I'll keep truckin, what choice do I have but it still sucks ! You know I don't care how much fat/protein I eat, I'm still hungry, got an appetite like a snarling hog

Ruthie, come on, meet me for lunch, a big ol filet mignon w/garlic butter and steak fries or mashed tater w/corn on the cob ooozing w/butter, then a nice slab of cake for desert...... (who needs friends like me huh ) Hugs !!!

I was going to a counselor for ED the past couple of months but I stopped, she said she treats eating disorders but personally I think she was just learning on me and my time. All she would tell me was what kind of diets I should be on. First week she shunned Atkins, two weeks later she suggests I go on a Low Carb diet then it was get all the bad foods out of your house... well no kidding. Almost like she was working on the symptoms and not the cause. It was frustrating so I stopped going. Then she says to me during my last visit.. Oh.. you love to eat don't you ??????? That was the straw. Oh well what can you do, live and learn.

Time for breakfast... bbl.

Hugs
  • Well, I did it. I'm back on low carb. Hoping I can stick it out. I'm plowing through a huge book called Protein Power Lifeplan. At my weight and height I'm supposed to eat 40 gr of protein per meal. How much is that in ounces? About 4? They seem to think carbs of any kind are non-essential. Maybe they're right. They sure don't seem to do me any good.

Leenie, you know what I say to your ED coach? PPPPHHHHHHTTTTTTT!!!!!!
  • Well I am in the Turks! The weather is a little balmy but I have to say it is wonderful! We spent the morning sailing on a hobie and the afternoon in water mice (little 15hp motor boats).

Dinner is cooking and the daquiors (sp) are in hand)!

Good to see the board moving a little...
    Ruth take care,
    to dottie, leen,kel oh god I am on island time and can't think cuse my brain is fried!
    Night chickies...
    -L
  • Oh, but WHAT A WAY TO GO, L!!!! lol