Old 07-18-2004, 07:34 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Low Carb Daily, July 18 - 24

Good Morning Ladies,

Dottie, hope you don't mind me starting this bad boy up today.
Nothing much happening today, still trying to be good on Atkins and doing okay this week haaaaaaaaa this week !!! Looks gloomy outside today Dottie make the clouds go away and get some sun over here will yah.

Time for coffee.... I just wanted to check in to see how my friends are doing.

Love yah !!

Leenie
Old 07-18-2004, 10:17 AM   #2  

Good Morning, everyone,
Bright and sunshiny here, hot, too! My week has been completely blah. I can't seem to get my weight loss going. Yesterday I drank water until I thought I'd float in the bathtub. I've decided that I need to go back to induction. Again. Got to go to the store and buy up those supplies and get ready. Going to shake this fat loose one way or another.
Went garage saleing yesterday. Didn't buy anything because it was just too hot to look around. Came home and plopped down in the coolness of the living room and stayed there and felt sorry for myself. Legs hurt, body fat, sweat rolling off me. I tell you I had a real good pity party. I feel better today. Sometimes it just takes a good party to straighten you out.
Let's all have a losing week.
Hugs to all.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:41 AM   #3  

Leens, I thought you forgot us! I can't help you with the clouds, it's really overcast here, too. And nice and muggy, just not a good weather day. How's that little terror ( I mean, angel) of yours doing? She must be getting big- they change so fast at this age!

Lolow, I am with you- trying to increase my water intake, and got it together last night for burgers...I do OK 2 meals out of three, then fall apart. And that can be deadly if you are eating alot of calories- I have to watch myself. but I got a lot of chores done yesterday while DH was gone; scrubbed down the second(old) bathroom, including the glass doors with steel wool to get the soap scub off. They look great now. Today I will cook the rest of the chicken for lunches for the week, and am going to DM for dinner.

that's it...just a quiet day, but I'm glad DH is home-I missed him after all! MIL is doing OK, sleeping alot, but feeling well.

have a good one,
dottie
Old 07-18-2004, 02:07 PM   #4  

Hey Leenie, Lo Low, and Dottie. Having a pity party is okay, just dont invite me
We were supposed to go out on the Lake and get some sun today, but the rain monster saw to it that didnt happen, So instead we went shopping, I needed bras. Hate to admit, but I lost a cup size I found the Playtex Secrets bras fit great, They are soft and cottony, not too stiff.
Has anyone tried those new Hanes Body Enhancers? They are supposed to hold in your cellulite and prevent panty lines under slacks or jeans. I got a pair today, havent tried them on yet, but the large says it should fit up to 190, and I weigh 172, so I guess I need to try them on, cuz my thighs are Virginia Hams!
Well where is everyone??? Lets get crazy Gosh I love smilies!!

Last edited by Virginia Chickie; 07-18-2004 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:33 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Aww Dottie, I haven't forgotten about you all, I've just been seriously busy at work and really bad on my diet. Gained 12 back of the 30 I lost...... So here I go again at it. Two steps forward, one step back ya know. Anyway, Things are going good, DD is wonderful, she'll be 3 at the end of August. More like 23. She's already told me what kind of car she wants lol (a convertable of all things), amazing how fast they learn.

Whats happening in your world ??

LoLow and Virgina, nice to meet you
Old 07-19-2004, 10:58 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning!
Back from NY and geering up to go away again nex monday. I have had a miserable problem with pop ups on my puter and finaly broke down and got a spywere/adware removal program. The problem now is that my outlook won't work. I have to go in through the web, which is fine but I still have to fix it...

Glad to see you all, I am on the run,have to go get the kiddos and get the doggies back to the vet....

-L
Old 07-19-2004, 01:22 PM   #7  
It's MY Life

Hi Everyone! I still "see" some familiar faces on here. I haven't been able to post all summer due to computer problems and then God must have said--she NEEDS to post because last Sunday our house got hit by lightning and our computer was one of the things to get zapped. So now I have a computer that will connect to this sight!!!
Anyway, hoping to get caught up on everyone and get some help losing the weight I STILL haven't done anything about!
Old 07-20-2004, 07:09 AM   #8  

Hi to everyone- Annie, nice to see you- are you off for the summer now? Glad the computer is sending you back to us!

Hi L, how was your trip...

Leen, I figured Grace must be around 3, that is so fun...And if she wants a convertible, I'll bet her daddy will get her one! As for the weight loss, I am struggling to NOT GAIN> which is such a long term goal it is a joke. I eat good about 2/3's of the time...and, as Dr. Phil says, "how's that workin' for you?" Not great!

VA- are the Hanes- thingies tight? I hate wearing something constricting. Give us a review!

things here are pretty peaceful. Work is chugging along, nothing exciting. It is humid and warm here, so I'm just as glad to be at work where it's air condiditoned. Spent last night going over bills and seeing how out of whack financially the bathroom remodel left us. We saved up and paid cash for most of it; I just have the tile and fixtures on a credit card to clear up(got a 0% trial offer card so I can pay it over a couple of months.) I'd like to have some money for a trip this fall if I can manage. And the list of home repair items is VERY LONG! So, a little frugality is in order! It is fun to have a goal though.

that's it for me...off to the coal mines

dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 07-20-2004 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:22 AM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well it sounds like life is happening for everyone.
NY was good. It is always good to spend time with my mother. We get along well and don't get to spend enough time together. it leads to VERY late nights of talking.
I did make the mistake of bringing home 6 dozen mini black and white cookies. I did manage to get them into the freezer fast but now I have to hide them too. The NY bakeries are my favorite and I miss it!

Kids are at camp for the morning, we are off to the book store this afternoon, maybe a quickie at target too...

Happy birthday to little miss Grace. It is hard to believe she will be 3!
-L
Old 07-21-2004, 10:53 AM   #10  

Hello!

How is everyone doing? I've been busier than a one armed paperhanger! Not with anything new and/or exciting just the same ol stuff. Getting Melis prepared for college and planning things for our San Diego trip has added some new stresses but I'm dealing with it. Me and kids to dentist and couple kids to eye doctor this week also!

It's been HOT here lately - hovering around 100. Bry's team had a triple header fundraising baseball day last Saturday and so we were out in it from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. - boy was I a whipped puppy when I got home. But we made some money for the team that can be used for team fun in SD so it was worth it!

So nice to see AdoAnnie and Virginia Chick and Leens and L! Dottie has been so good about keeping us going while many of us are busy with summer craziness. I wonder how Linda's finger is doing and Ruthie's arm?

Gotta run - I've got a crack-a-back doc appt. before work this a.m. so I better get moving! Take care all!

Kel
Old 07-22-2004, 01:35 AM   #11  
Slimwithin

Hi, gang. I haven't been around much lately. Not really in diet mode at the moment. I start the day with good intentions but they gradually disintegrate as the day goes on.
My finger is almost all better and I've finally been able to get my gardening gloves on over it so when it's cool enough I've been trying to catch up with my much neglected garden. It's so hot and dry here though, and I don't enjoy sweating. Yesterday I was pruning back the Mock Orange bush and something or things bit my face. Now I have a series of red spots from my cheek to my neck on one side. Not painful or itchy but not very pretty either.

I've been trying to follow WW without much success. All the anti-inflammatories and antibiotics I was taking sure did a number on my weight and my appetite. So, I have an extra 10 lb to take off before I'm back to my pre-injury weight. I'm so disgusted.

Nice to see some old pals checking in here.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:41 PM   #12  

hey you all,
I've been trying to get into the office early, and skipped my AM chick-check! hate when that happens!
I'ts been humid and hot here(July dottie, what do you expect!) but there's a breeze this evening. I think I'll sit outside and enjoy it for a while. I need to move the sprinker around the yard anyhow.
Busy at work but tolerable. No real other goings-on, just same ood, same old.

Linda, I'm not doing much dieting either, just trying not to over-eat! That is a pretty tall order somedays! Glad you're healing up. I'll be you loose that medication weight easily enough...and now you'll be more active too I'll bet. Not me, just sit at a desk, sit in meetings, sit in the car! And when I get home- sit at the computer and tv! Can I see a pattern here?

that's it...time to get some supper going,

hi to all,
dottie
Old 07-23-2004, 03:58 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Boo !
Old 07-24-2004, 07:04 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Dottie, how did you make out w/all this rain ????
Old 07-24-2004, 07:33 AM   #15  

Default Saturday morning-

hi leenie, pretty wet here, how about you? Flooding near you? It came down pretty hard in the afternoon and into early evening(driving home.) This morning it's not raining but looks pretty crappy out there. At least it's not hot! No real flooding- although the kid's softball game has been delayed until tomorrow as the field was a lake yesterday, and it would be too muddy today.

I guess it will be kind of an inside day today. I have wash to do, and a couple of bananas to use us so I'll make DH banana bread this morning. that's about it.
Maybe clean out some clothes that are old and don't fit. No money to shop, but I could make room...? right?

That's it for old boring me. Eating...well, nothing terrible and my scale is exactly where it's been for a couple of months. Not my highest, but not loosing. I haven't been trying lately, so I'll take no change over a gain anyday! I'll grill some lamb chops today, and I have some fish in the freezer ffor tomorrow. I have to start pushing vegetables more...I have been eating more fruit, blueberries or strawberries or peaches- with cottage cheese- a good breakfast for me. But I can't get myself back on the salad thing for lunch. Or anytime for that matter. Maybe I should switch and try the chicken cesear thing for dinner a couple of nights a week.

that's enough me...what does everyone else have planned for this weekend...

have a great one,
dottie