Old 07-16-2004, 04:31 PM   #16  

Hi again,
Aleka, there was some kind of worm or virus a couple of weeks ago that microsoft had no defense against. There were no updates to download and nothing you could do about it, except to put your security settings on high and when I did that, I couldn't even navigate anywhere on the internet. After one day, they said they had an update to stop it, but I think it already has effected my computer, even though when I run a scan, it says I don't have a virus and when I go to microsofts site and have them scan it for the worm, it says that I'm not infected. Still, strange things are happening with my computer, and it's not right.
Mozilla was the other browser that is not affected by whatever this was. I looked at both of them and I have no real reason for picking netcaptor, it just seemed a little easier to me.
I bet you are feeling overwhelmed at best. Hang in there girl, things will get better. Some day, you'll have a perpetual summer thing going on. When we will be wearing winter gear, you'll be in shorts and a short sleeved shirt, maybe a long sleeved shirt in the evening, watching a beautiful sunset on the ocean.
Lynn, man your having the summer from **** up there. I have a friend that lives in St. Ann's and she tells me all the time about the rotten weather up there. It sounds like a really cold, wet, depressing summer. I sure hope things straighten out for you soon.
Got to go, DH is off this weekend and he's already bored.
Nikki
Old 07-17-2004, 06:19 AM   #17  

Smile

Good morning,

Stayed up late last night finishing a book, Along Came a Spider by James Patterson. It was very good. I was up very early even though I went to bed late, so I didn't get very much sleep.

nikki, I don't think we even knew about the virus beforehand. DH went through our virus scan and just like what you experienced, it said there was no virus. This whole thing is very strange. I am getting used to the new browser, and some aspects of it I still don't like. But, what can you do? Thank you for your words of encouragement. When I see the pile of junk downstairs I just want to close my eyes and hope it goes away. I'll be thinking about that ocean sunset and warm temps as I'm getting rid of stuff.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Aleka
Old 07-17-2004, 04:51 PM   #18  

Hi,
We went out last night and I'm still not recovered from it. There is a reason I quit drinking and I think I remember what it is now.
Is that book you finished a mystery, Aleka? I think I've read some of his books before. I use to read a couple of books a week, but I've really gotten out of the habit of reading. I haven't even finished a book in years. I'm still trying to get that 8 min in the morning book finished. I have the new one were the exercises are done without weights and supposedly, it's easier. I haven't even gotten to that part of the book yet though.
Hope everyone has a good weekend. Lynn, stay dry. How's it going, Anne? Aleka, don't push too hard, remember to take breaks, put up your feet and drink water.
Think I'll go lay down for awhile. I'm older, but no wiser apparently Nikki
Old 07-17-2004, 06:25 PM   #19  

Wink

Hi again...

We've been filling the dumpster most of the day, taking a good long break after lunch, when I had a much needed nap. We did a little more after we had dinner.

nikki, I was getting our supplements ready for next week, and I looked at the fish oil bottle. I was wrong. We get the fish oil at Sam's. It's the Members Mark Brand. It's called Omega Complex, 1,000 mg. Natural Fish Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Borage Oil, & Safflower Oil. Sorry about that. I don't especially like the after effects of drinking anymore. I don't know how I did it 30 yrs. ago. Occasionally I will have a glass or two of red wine with my dinner. Hope you're feeling better. The newest Jorge Cruise book I got is already packed away in a box. I did find the first book and I'm looking that over now. The book I just finished by James Patterson is a mystery/thriller and one I couldn't put down. If you haven't read any of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, I would highly recommend it. She numbers them from One up to Ten, (Ten being the newest one). I would start with the first one because it introduces you to the characters, who appear in all the books. They are a hoot!

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend so far.

Have a good evening.
Aleka
Old 07-18-2004, 10:28 AM   #20  

Alynn, if you're interested in Jorge Cruise books, try Amazon.com and look for the used books. They're quite reasonable and have the same info as the new ones. I get these books and get a little from one and a little from the other, so now I hate to pay full price. The 8 minute exercises are very simple and easy to do. I just need to get up and do them. He even emphasises(sp) that you do them in your pj's, just so that you will get them done.
Hope this info helps.
Have a happy losing week.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:54 PM   #21  

Since it's a new week, I'll start a new thread, see you there, Nikki