Old 06-16-2004, 05:39 PM   #1  

Default 12 days and soooo tired!!

Does I have been on the Atkins Plan for 12 days now. On the 4th day I was so tired I had a hard time at work then I started feeling much better. I have noticed that yesterday and to day I am Pooped. All I want to do it lay down and do nothing. Is this normal? I have fallowed the plan and as far as I can tell the only thing I am doing that they caution against is to eat things with aspartame. Could this be why I feel so crappy? I went for a walk on my break and was tired by the time I got to the edge of the parking lot. Any Advice???

thanks
Old 06-16-2004, 05:49 PM   #2  
Head Princess

DeWanna - Have you read the book? It talks specifically about this. Yes, it's completely normal. Here's the low-down on what's happening:

* Your body's primary fuel has been carbohydrates
* You took them away
* Your tired because your body doesn't think it has any fuel
* In a couple of days, your body will switch gears and start using fat as fuel and you'll feel much better.

So hang in there! It will change soon. I think I was tired for maybe a week or two.

As a side note, be sure that you are eating good veggies and getting enough of the vitamins and nutrients that your body needs. That will help too!
Old 06-16-2004, 05:55 PM   #3  

Yes I have read the book. I knew I would go through that but had started feeling better so could not figure out why I am feeling bad again. Over the weekend I fealt great now back to square one. Oh Well I will wait and see.

Thanks
DeWanna
Old 06-16-2004, 06:22 PM   #4  
Head Princess

Strange. The only other things I can think of are water consumption (not getting enough can make you sloggy) or not getting enough of your vitamins/minerals. Taking a multi every day?