Old 05-07-2004, 08:51 AM   #1  
Low Carb since 4/28/99

Talking Blast from the past!

Hello ladies!!! Remember me? I was surfing the web for recipes and was shocked to find a link for one of MY recipes in google! One I had posted here many years ago! It made me wonder how all my old diet buddies were doing I have been so busy....my daughters are now teenagers I am STILL a low carb eater (my whole family is low carbing for life) and have kept off the ugly 77 pounds I lost thanks to the support of you ladies.

So what's new with you?
Old 05-07-2004, 09:07 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Great to see you! Your Ethiopian Chicken is a staple in this house! Pop in to the daily thread sometime. Some of us are still here although some have moved to Weightloss Surgery and South Beach.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:03 PM   #3  
Low Carb since 4/28/99

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Wow! Great to see you! Your Ethiopian Chicken is a staple in this house! Pop in to the daily thread sometime. Some of us are still here although some have moved to Weightloss Surgery and South Beach.
Thanks Ruth! I was afraid that no one would remember me
Old 05-07-2004, 05:39 PM   #4  

Hi Vanessa,
It's so nice to see you again. I'm one of the chicks who defected to the WLS forum, but still lurk here sometimes. I had Lapband surgery last month and am really, really happy with my decision.

I still think you have one of the best user names of all time, although it broke my heart when you posted that you don't have dark hair in a poofy flip!

Hope to see you around again,
Chickadee
Old 05-07-2004, 06:31 PM   #5  

Vanessa!!! 'Our' own ThatGirl! So good to see you! What is going on in your life now?

Wow - I love it when someone blasts from the past!

Kel
Old 05-08-2004, 09:29 AM   #6  

Hi Vanessa, I remember you! That ethiopian chicken has been in my kitchen too!

Nice to see you stop in, come on over to the daily chat and visit. Since your days here, LC has exploded- it is more accepted and popular and there are so many plans, that 3fc has separate threads for South Beach, Atkins, and there was a big interest in Fat Flush for a while. So we're a little spread out. But whatever, its nice to see you, visit more often!

dottie
Old 05-08-2004, 10:25 AM   #7  

Hi That Girl!!!! It is great to see you!!!! WTG keeping that 77 pounds off!!!!

peach
Old 05-08-2004, 12:19 PM   #8  
workin' my way back down

Hi Vanessa......... I remember you too! (altho you would more likely remember my "old" name - Samzgram)........ Your Ethiopian Chicken is a welcome addition to my kitchen, also!

Congratulations on keeping off those 77 pounds! Stop by and visit more often!
Old 05-09-2004, 12:57 PM   #9  
She who must be obeyed!

Vanessa, how ya doing?!?! I was thinking about you not too long ago, wondering what you were up to. Glad to see you check in.

Do you have any contact with VALady?? I often wonder about her, especially when we travel home to VA and pass through Richmond.

Good to see you again!
Debbie
Old 05-16-2004, 07:44 AM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I also remember you!! great to "see" you again. great on that 77 lbs down. I know the feeling of chasing the kdis I have been very sadly absent for the almost the last year with a few shows only. I did not keep mine off. it is back on but as i bvegin my journey again here I am. (kids and work and well life just keeps getting in the way) I am so glad to know that it can be done!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 07:53 AM   #11  
Low Carb since 4/28/99

Default Good to see so many old friends!

I'm so thrilled that you all remembered me from so long ago (it seems like a lifetime ago)! I'm doing great! We moved from VA to MD almost 4 years ago and I have been running running running ever since. My daughters are teens now (the oldest is learning to drive ). I am busy gardening and trying to decorate my new house. My whole family is still low carbing and loving it. I can low carb just about any recipe I find (and I think I have FINALLY learned to cook ) I have also learned to menu plan which has REALLY helped keep me on track. My friends tease me because I already have my menus planned through October .

Chickadee: I'm so glad that you are happy with the lap band thing....I have a couple of friends who did that and are doing very well with it!

Sadly my hair is turning from curly red to gray with the new driver in the house

Ms Spotdog: Life is great now...LOVIN being a stay at home Mom...maybe I will be the new Martha Stewart (without all the legal trouble )!

dottiejon: It is SO much easier to low carb now then it was when I was trying to lose weight!!! My kids are LOVIN all the new things that are out now. The best being BREAD that doesn't taste like dog food (that's what they think of soy ).

peach pit: Keepin it off isn't the problem anymore it's keeping the parts up where they belong!!! Don't ya just hate it when all your parts start to travel south!!!!

Samzgram: I remember you too! We love that chicken here too!

debkay: I haven't seen VaLady in ages! We never got to meat up like we had talked about....I had hoped that I might see her again here.

nasus40: I'm glad you are back...this is the place to be if you want support! Not only can it be done but it really does become second nature after you have done it for a while.

Well I'm off to mop some floors....I'll be back
Old 05-30-2004, 08:39 AM   #12  

Vanessa!!!! Oh my gosh, I am Va lady, I had to resign up in 2001 and changed my name from Va Lady to Virginia Chickie. I totally remember you, and many others! DebKay, and Ms Spotdog, RuthXXX, and so many of you. How can anyone forget all of your great recipes?? I remember one that was a pumpkin cheesecake. I moved from Ashland to Midlothian, but am still in Va. My daughter graduated from college in 2002, and is in Chicago, Ill. My son is still around works for a Fire Company, installs sprinkers. We still low carb, I am at my lowest weight since low carbing, (170) from 205. But the biggest change comes from joing Curves last Sept. I dropped 2 sizes and 10 inches. Anybody else doing Curves??? Great to hear from you all. Love Linda