Old 04-10-2004, 06:24 AM   #1  

Default weekly chat, April 10th through 16th

starting up for the weekend and a new week!
Old 04-10-2004, 06:34 AM   #2  

It's early Saturday morning, and I am getting some coffee into me before the day begins. we are expecting rain for tomorrow, so I want to get out into the yard today and I have a VERY LONG list! I'll throw in a couple of loads of wash,
but all the other inside stuff can wait til tonight so we can take advantage of the nice weather today. DH will not know what hit him. :

This week's been quiet. I am not really doing that well on eating for the whole day. I'm not planning ahead(my usual downfall) and need to think ahead better. I may start up a menu thread and see if anyone's interested. Maybe I can get a few folks to have some Spring Re-inspiratation with me.

Well, that's it for now. Hope everyone has a great Saturday. I'll probably be back later!

dottie
Old 04-10-2004, 06:53 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking

Hey DJ, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no rain, NO RAIN

I hope not cause I'm having the family over for Easter and the Kids NEEEEED to get outside and play, especially cause we are having an Egg hunt

Well I just wanted to plop in and say:

HAPPY EASTER
Love Yah's, Leenie
Old 04-10-2004, 08:18 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, chickies. The Girls and I "slept in" until 6 this morning! What is the world coming to?

Today is an odd-job day and will also be the day I do our Easter Dinner - a lovely leg of lamb and fresh green beans! It's cloudy and cool but no rain so I may be able to start some garden clean-up again.

I will be taking a bit of a sabbatical from lower carb eating for a while. I have to go for a follow-up barium enema on Monday and need to start "prep" once again before noon tomorrow. Right now worry about what I eat is the least of my problems. However, I'll still be in here nagging you chickies if you stray.

What's happening with you? I hope those choclate bunnies are not attacking - or those insidious Peeps!
Old 04-10-2004, 08:39 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

It is SO SUNNY this morning I am going to get out soon.... I have the morning off before I have to dive into more auction computer work....coffee is on, I am on my first cup and doing a little catching up....have a good easter dinner tonight Ruth and nag away!
to everyone enjoy your holiday weekend
-L
Old 04-10-2004, 08:50 AM   #6  
workin' my way back down

Wow! seeing all you chickies up and about so early is inspiring! As for me, I will be at my desk most of today, finishing off tax returns for those who are "on time challenged" - one guy especially: been bugging him to get here since mid-FEBRUARY! Today he "finally" has the time to see me! Sheesh! oh well, his bill WILL reflect that little fact! Oh well... at lest it keeps me chained to a seat on my fat butt and away from the dreaded "E"-word
That's it for now chickies....... gotta get moving before this guy shows up and I'm still in jammies!

tty'll later...............
Old 04-10-2004, 01:40 PM   #7  

So nice to see you back among us, Dottie!

Quick check in this morning - I gotta million things to do today.

Major upheaval last evening when we discovered that Melissa's 'friend' from Florida who was, we thought, in route to relocate here is actually still in Miami and has been fibbing about the whole drawn-out, car-problem-ridden trip. She is completely devastated/humiliated as she cares for this guy and was excited to have us help him start his life out here. I could just wring his skinny, little, immature neck!

Car washing, kitchen cleaning, laundry washing-THEN folding, easter basket content buying, relish tray contents buying-THEN preparing, and general household pick-up duties await me so I'm gonna jet. Everyone have a nice Easter, whether you celebrate it today (Ruth) or tomorrow! Hug your family and tell them you love them - there can never be too much shared love in the world....

Kel
Old 04-10-2004, 06:16 PM   #8  
Slimwithin

Hi, gang.
Kel, that's a rotten thing for that guy to do to Melissa. I hope she gives him the bum's rush. Creep! What makes guys so stoopit? I think their brains are wired wrong.
Nice to see you here, Dottie, back in the fold. I'm still hanging out here, even though I'm not doing low carb at the moment.

Ruth, I sure hope all your tests and whatever show that there's nothing wrong at all. What a trying time it is though, just waiting for results (not to mention the prep work. Blechhhh!)

I worked in my back borders for about 3-1/2 hours today and I think I may never be able to stand erect again. Everything hurts. I still have lots left to do and now I see a kind soul has delivered a lovely pile of manure which will have to be distributed soon. Egad! If this isn't burning off fat, I don't know what will.

Meanwhile, I'm still plugging away on the BioChemical Machine plan. It's getting easier now. I just have to remember that foods on the Neutral list can be eaten with foods from both the A and B list but the A & B list foods can't be eaten together. Simple and you know what? I think it's working to keep me from craving and overeating. Here's an idea I got from this book that would come in handy for those of you having difficulty planning ahead. I bought a cauliflower, green onions, red and green peppers, radishes, brocolli and cabbage and chopped it all up quite fine (like 1/4 inch pieces for the most part) In a separate container, I have chopped tomatos and in another chopped cucumbers. They tend to get soggy if mixed in with the others. For my lunch and dinner, I serve up a soup bowl full of this salad and mix in either or both of the tomatoes and cukes, along with whatever dressing I'm in the mood for. For a more filling salad, I've been adding in diced avocado and bits of meat. I'm sure I have enough of this salad to last me a week and when I have a few bites of this before my main course, and along with my main course, I get full much quicker and stay full longer than if I didn't have it at all. Of course, you can add or omit whatever veggies you prefer but the greater the variety the better for both nutrition and curbing hunger.
I'm also eating a couple of cups of yogurt every day and that has really helped with curbing my appetite. Of course, I'm having it with fruit but you don't have to.
Well, I'd better get busy. I want to dust the living room for the first time in weeks. I have #1 daughter, SIL and possibly both grandsons coming tomorrow as well as my sis and BIL. I have an angel food cake mix I want to bake today and will serve it with lemon pie filling and sliced strawberries and cream. Easter dinner will be baked ham, scalloped potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, cauliflower, carrots and asparagus, home made buns, Greek tomato salad and maybe some corn. That sounds like too much, doesn't it? Hmmm, maybe I'll cut back on it. I know the boys will just want the dinner rolls. They'll ask for Caesar salad but I'm not going to make it. Mean Grandma.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:23 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Just stopping by to check on all my lc friends. Linda the BioChemist thing is a new one to me. I thought I knew about EVERY diet out there

SG: you must have seen that I only got my tax stuff together and gave it to my CPA last Wednesday!

Kel: I agree with Linda that young men's brains are not wired right. We are in the middle of a really tough thing with ole Alvin's nephew. He has been mixed up big time with drugs/etc for a while, but about 2 months ago, resurfaced. He swore he was going to be clean one and for all, and all he needed was a chance, etc, etc, etc,. Son Mark took him in, we gave him a job, and things have been going really well. He has been doing great, and we were all really proud of him. Last week, we "gave" him a car so Mark wouldn't have to carry him everywhere. Last night was his first Friday night with transprotation, and what does he do? Blows everything. Mark is devestated, cause he put out lots of money helping him, we are going to be in a bind because he was doing a major job in our new manufacturing plant, and there is no doubt that he will eventually end up back in jail, or worse. So Sad. At least he wasn't messing with my daughter!!!

Ruth: hope things go well.

Incase anyone does not know, Chickadee had her lapband surgery Tuesday and seems to be doing okay. Stop by the WLS thread and wish her well.

How is Pookie doing?

Debkay has gotten too busy for the WLS thread, is she stopping by here?

Hope everyone has a great EASTER, and stays away from the chocolate eggs!
Old 04-11-2004, 01:59 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

HAPPY EASTER LADIES
Old 04-11-2004, 10:24 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Sunday, chickies.

We had a lovely church service this morning followed by an Easter egg hunt. It was so great to see the little kidlets searching for eggs helped by the three dogs who were at service this morning.

I'm about to start the prep for tomorrow's Big Barium Blasted Event and will check in late after it's all over. Here's my schedule if you really need to know:
http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.pharmaceutical/b2.1.monographs/CPS-%20Monographs/CPS-%20(General%20Monographs-%20R)/ROYVAC.html

Have a super Sunday!
Old 04-11-2004, 11:20 AM   #12  

Happy Easter!

I guess it's not the best day for eating without sugar. I saw my neice who immediately started shoving marshmallow eggs into my mouth. "Try the pink one, try the yellow one." What could I do?
drizzling and cool here, but i am going to go throw some grass seed on a few bare spots before the real rain comes. I begged out of the family dinner, DS is having her in-laws and I don't mind skipping that So shrimp cocktail, a baked ham, baked ziti, cauliflower, asparagus, WW rolls, and strawberries for desert. Love making a big dinner just for the two of us.

Have a great day,
dottie
Old 04-12-2004, 01:27 AM   #13  

Happy Easter evening, all.

Ruth - I hope your day wasn't too bad. I went to the link and checked out the schedule. What a clean out - wow. I hope tomorrow's procedure will be over early and you can start back to feeling normal soon.

Thanks for the understanding comments about Melissa's friend's thoughtless actions. It was a very tough day for her and the coming week will be **** also as she needs to face her classmates who have accused her of making the guy up to begin with. Poor baby - if I could make all this go away, I would in a blink of an eye.

After spending the day with 8 women where I was the biggist (well, 3 were my SIL & her sisters who are all size 2 stick women. And my mom is a little bit of a thing now since she lost 1/2 of her stomach last year and almost died) I've decided that no matter what I say, I'm not really happy with myself and it's time I take some action and do something about it. So I'm vowing here to REALLY try to cut my sugar intake and control my portions. I'm going to try to replace the recording in my head from "It's ok - you've been thru a lot. You can do whatever you want now. No one to tell you what to do or not to do. Eating this and it will make you feel better." to "You deserve to feel healthy. Having control of yourself will make you feel good about yourself. Do you really want to eat that?" I really need to do this for myself now and I beleive I am ready.

Thanks for being here -

Kel
Old 04-12-2004, 11:07 AM   #14  
workin' my way back down

Morning all........ I hope everyone has recuperated from the sugar highs of the holiday and that Ruth is back home after her "fun" exam of this morning!! This is just a quick drop in, as I am in the home stretch of finishing off tax returns (I might actually even finalize my own today!!! ) and have to work an afternoon shift today........ I just needed to come by and say to everyone...

Kel.... you are a terrific person - you do so much for your family, I am glad that you have realized that YOU are worth doing something for, also. Good for you....... consider this a pat on your back, from me to you!
Have a great day!
Old 04-12-2004, 09:38 PM   #15  
Slimwithin

I agree with everybody.
Well, I didn't do too bad yesterday. I was so tuckered out from doing all the cooking in a sweltering kitchen. Wouldn't you know we had a summer-hot kind of day when I'm baking a ham etc. Everything turned out beautifully though and much praise was heaped upon my fevered brow. Still, I think the ham I allowed myself caused some fluid retention because the scale is not being kind to me today. It was a lovely ham and didn't taste salty at all but you never know.
Much cooler today. In fact I finally put on a cardigan because I was shivering. I've been doing sit-down work, searching through boxes, bags, drawers, envelopes, etc etc for baby pix to send younger daughter in Scotland. She wants to make a collage of the babies of our family. She doesn't realize that in wartime when I was a baby, film was hard to come by. There are lots of baby pix of my sis who was born pre-war and virtually none of me. She also chides me all the time because we took so many pix of her older sister and not as many of her. Well, we were poorer and busier so what you gonna do? She's also asked me for all my WW info as she's thinking of trying to lose some of that baby fat. Actually, I think she's done great. She says they went to a wedding last weekend and she wore a sheath dress that I bought her two years ago so she can't have gained much at all. Still, she says she feels like a cow so you have to respect that.

Ageoldie, that's a shame about old Alvin's nephew. Don't give up on him just yet, though. He may just have to learn a few hard lessons. Some skulls are thicker than others. I'll keep hoping that he comes around.