Old 03-24-2004, 03:36 PM   #46  

I am using quick reply. I just lost another email. I finished and selected preview and was checking for spelling and next thing I know the screen cleared. There were little lines beside the smilies and in the lower left hand was an error on page sign. I also couldn't use the smilies again. Went for a bike ride about 1 1/2 mile, we were going to go 3 m. but barely got our butts back here will go for 3 tomorrow. God Nikki I hope your weather is headed our way. We need the rest of the snow to melt so we can get outside. Thanks Anne Blake is adorable!!! I am glad he is with his parents as he has a cold and is teething. Well since this is the 4th time for emailing although I have said nothing I am going to go now. I have had no problem's here, I guess the error was the problem, maybe that was the problem the first this morning when I also couldn't get smilies. Oh well you all have a great day
Old 03-24-2004, 03:49 PM   #47  

just messing with the options, pay no attention to me

Last edited by nikkic; 03-24-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:21 PM   #48  

Nikki: Me too. Can you get the colors to work? This is supposed to be red!!!! The error on page is back, and still can't do smilies
Old 03-24-2004, 04:40 PM   #49  

Hi now the things are working I wish I could figure them out ignore this I am going to 3FC help. This has me
Old 03-25-2004, 08:09 AM   #50  

Cool

Good morning,

We had a beautiful sunny day yesterday. The sun was soooo warm and the air was a bit chilly. But, I was able to stand outside in the sun for a bit without a jacket.

nikki, how lucky to have temps 70 deg. In 2 weeks I'll be in those temps myself...hopefully. Our luck a cold front will come down from Canada reaching as far south as Florida. We've still got snow on our flower beds, so it will be another month or so before I can clean them out. I was telling DH that if we do move to FL I am going to miss my flower garden because I've picked out the flowers and have planted them. I have no idea if daylilies thrive in FL weather or not.

ANNE, did you get much snow? I know, the calendar says spring, but I wish mother nature would get with the program. We can still get snow in April here. We had one year where we had really warm temps in March and the trees were budding out. Then in April we had a snow storm that wreaked havoc on the buds. Today is your last day at work before a long weekend. Enjoy your lunch tomorrow with your DH.

lynn, I sometimes lose posts myself so I know of your frustration. I type fairly fast, and sometimes my fingers hit the wrong key, don't know which one, then...POOF!! Good luck on your bike riding today. It's amazing how out of shape you get over the winter when all you feel like doing is curling up in a blanket and hibernate.

Hi Sugar! How are things going with you?

Have a lovely day ladies.
Aleka
Old 03-25-2004, 09:30 AM   #51  

Good Morning
It rained last night and my spring bulbs that I planted last fall are all starting to jump up and say
Aleka, it can snow here in April too. We've had snowstorms and ice storms while the flowers are in full bloom, it's so disappointing.

Part of our garage roof blew off with all the high winds we've had lately. DH has been wanting to put a new one on anyway. Today, we're going to the lumberyard to get the roofing, he wants to put on metal roofing this time. I'm all excited He says it will only take a few days and I said to myself, right.
Yesterday, he did get the pipes fixed on the camper and installed a new water pump, so we have water inside again. It works better than it ever has. I don't mind washing dishes on the picnic table, but I sure like to do it better inside. Plus, it is so much easier not having to haul water over from the water fountain when you have 500 gallons in the tank. He also took all the plastic off the windows and I can now open all the windows up. It was getting hot in here yesterday before that. I grilled a steak on charcoal last night and that was sure delicious. We're both really looking forward to camping.
The sun is coming out, but they say we will have showers off and on the next few days. I'm hoping that we won't have to get started on that roof until his next days off, but knowing him, we will start today.

Better get going and get some exercise in, have a good one, Nikki
Old 03-25-2004, 11:10 AM   #52  

Goodmorning All: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNE!!!!!! May you have a great day!!!!! Any special plans? My special wish for you is that stays away from you and everyone you meet today is happy and nice.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:24 AM   #53  

It's Anne's Birthday?

Anne, Happy Birthday

I sure hope you have a great day!
Nikki
Old 03-25-2004, 12:04 PM   #54  

Goodmorning All: Have been looking around site to see if anyone else is having problems with smilies. As you can see in previous post they are ok today. Had my 5th in a row good night sleep. By 9 I had cleaned out my fridge, made a spaghetti sauce. Hope I continue to sleep it makes such a differance in my day. We will be riding our bikes after lunch. Very dull but warm here today. Our heat is off and I am in a blouse. Nothing else new today, will be back later
Old 03-25-2004, 12:46 PM   #55  

Smile

Hello again...

ANNE, I didn't realize it was your birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Aleka
Old 03-27-2004, 04:46 AM   #56  

Goomorning All: Were has everyone been????? I couldn't beleive it when I got on there was nothing to read. Yesterday was rainy an foggy. Today is supposed to be more of the same, but sunday is going to be wonderful. It's saturday again so I couldn't sleep. Went and got 3 movies to bury myself in to get though the day. On Monday we are going to a town about 40 minutes away. It is a historical town we have never been to. It was the first European town in Ontario and later because a fortress to protect us from American invasions. Interesting !!! While I was looking up maps and info I found out that Wasaga Beach has the longest fresh water beach in the world! I never knew that. Well I will be back later going to watch a movie
Old 03-27-2004, 08:26 AM   #57  

Good morning,
I was surprised too, Lynn. I logged on late last night, but was too tired to say anything.
We went and ordered the roofing, it will be in a week. DH's son says he'll help him put it on, I sure hope he does, cause I don't want to do it. After we were done at the lumberyard, DH asked me if I wanted anything and I said I wanted to show him a screened gazebo that they had on sale at Target (it's like Walmart). He liked it, so we bought it. It's made of metal and fabric and will be nice on the patio. It is really sunny and hot out there and I hope this will make it a useable space now.
Yesterday, I didn't care about dieting or exercising and it sure does show today. DD and I went shopping in another town, looked at a plant/pet center and at their new Walmart superstore. I bought gas there for .15 less than it is here in town and that was only a 30 min drive away. Makes a person wonder about the price of gas. I also bought a couple of pretty golden snails for my fish tank and a pretty stone coaster for next to my computer. We ate at a Chinese restaurant, another downfall of mine. The weather was so nice, 71 and kind of humid. We were gone all afternoon and into the evening, just browsing and looking at interesting things. Today, it's raining here too and will be in the 70's. After this, they say we will be hit with reality and back to the 50's.
I think the movies sound like a good idea, Lynn. I have to get on the ball and exercise right now, or I will veg out on the couch the rest of the day. I'm already mad at myself for not doing one ounce of exercise yesterday.
Hope everyone else is doing ok, talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 03-27-2004, 09:23 AM   #58  

Talking

Good morning everyone,

I too was wondering where everyone was. I logged on last night and there hadn't been any posts.

lynn, we had the rain and fog late yesterday afternoon into this morning. It's cold but the sun is out. Earlier in the afternoon it was absolutely beautiful so DH, Lacee, and I got a walk in. The town you'll be visiting sounds very interesting. We have an old fort in NH called Old Fort Number 4. It was built during the French & Indian War. Every July they have a re-enactment of one of the battles. We've been living in NH for 30 yrs. and haven't been there yet. It's someplace I've always wanted to go, as that period in history really interests me for some reason. Have a good trip and a wonderful time.

nikki, glad that you had such a productive shopping day. I like those kind of days! That's good your DH's son is going to help him with the roof. I also love Chinese Food, but don't have it that often. There is a Chinese Buffet Rest. down in Massachusetts DH & I love. Thankfully it's very far away so only have been to it a few times. In fact, it's in the town I grew up in. My girlfriend, who also grew up there gets back there more often than I do, and she introduced it to me. Each day they have something different. This talk of Chinese Food is making me hungry!

Hi ANNE and sugar, hope things are well with you.

Enjoy your Sat. everyone.
Aleka
Old 03-27-2004, 10:38 AM   #59  

Lynn,
After your first post here, I entered Wasaga Beach in the search box on my search engine and read about it. It sounds like a really wonderful place (at least in the summer ) There were a few pictures too, very beautiful.
I suppose it's probably a nice place in the winter too, but we all have our own unique winter experiences. I have a feeling, summer will be unusually hot and humid here and I'm going to be crying the blues for some cold winter weather before too long. Hard to believe, but the humidity really gets to me.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:40 AM   #60  

Aleka,
When and if you move to FLA, how close will you be to the HSN outlet store? I bet the shopping down in FLA is fantastic. Nikki